Tuiss Blinds Online

Tuiss Blinds Online Questions & Answers (page 4 of 6)

108 questions from our users

lea

leaasked

Good afternoon

Can you please provide me with instructions to the correct way to measure a bay window to install your single roller blinds.
Lea

Good Aftenroon Lea,

Thank you so much for your question.

We have an instruction PDF we can send you. If you could email us to sales@blindsonline.com.au we will send it over to you.

Elizabethasked

Hi, can you advise which blinds would be best for a bedroom? I want to block out as much light as possible as I live on a busy road, and I am hoping for good insulating properties also. Thanks

Good Morning Elizabeth,

Thanks so much for your question.

The best product for light control is Drapes with a Bonded pelmet. I have this at home and there is such a difference in comparison to any other products. If drapes are not your thing. I would advise to use Roman blinds and add 200mm to the width of your face measurement. This will give you the best light control with your Roman blind as the blind will go past the opening and stop as much light escaping through the sides of the blinds.

Ensure you follow our online guides when measuring for the above products and please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 761 179 if you require any further assistance.

Elizabeth

Thanks for the answer Matt. Are Roman blinds significantly better than block out honeycomb blinds?

Mel

Melasked

Hello,
I am wondering if I can have more information on your 'transition blinds'? It is for my children's TV room. I am after something that give some privacy, but also lets some light in without the glare? Would these blinds be suitable? I was also considering the 'light filtering' roller blind, or even a double roller blind. Just not sure which would be most suitable, and cost effective? Appreciate your help.

Good Morning Mel,

Thank you so much for your question.

Our Transition blind is a great product, but the best solution to your situation is our Sunscreen blind. The reason's why this will be the best product for your Children's TV room is that It is designed to significantly reduce glare, reduce 95% of UV rays, gives you complete daytime privacy and also saves energy during the summer months.

You could make it a double blind if evening privacy will be an issue or you are looking to have anyone sleep in the room. Otherwise, you can just stick with the Sunscreen.

Please feel free to contact me on 1300 761179 if require any further assistance. I will be happy to help.

gael james

gael jamesasked

Wanting to get 25mm vertical blinds delivered to holiday house in Skenes Creek just before Apollo Bay. Cost to get delivered and on holidays from 25 sept= 06 October?

Matthew W.Tuiss Blinds Online

Thanks for your inquiry, Gail.

Freight to Skenes Creek is $25. You can find our 25mm Venetians here: https://www.blindsonline.com.au/venetian-blinds/venetian-25mm-metal

Our standing make time for venetians is 10-15 working days, and delivery from Narre Warren to Skenes Creek is generally 2-4 days.

Magi teh

Magi tehasked

I am totally do not understand the roller blind. My sitting room I need a blind from inside can see through to out side but outside can not see inside . What sort blind is it ? In summer the sun light go through my sitting room, and directly to my second room and the second room are very hot during summer what sort of blind is suitable

Matthew W.Tuiss Blinds Online

Thanks for your question.

It sounds like you're after a "Sunscreen Roller Blinds" You can see through the Sunscreen fabrics during the day, so you maintain your views, while keeping down the glare and UV. However, of a nighttime, if you have your lights on inside, people will be able to see in. So you may want to consider having a "Blockout Roller Blind" as well. You can either get a double bracket that holds both blinds, or you can put the sunscreen within the recess of your window, and the Blockout blind on the architraves. Whichever works best for you.

You can see our sunscreen fabrics here: https://www.blindsonline.com.au/roller-blinds/sunscreen-roller-blind

Mel

Melasked

Hello,
I am trying to decide whether to order double roller (block-out/sunscreen) blinds, or a honeycomb blind for my sons computer/games room? Or maybe I should just go with a single blind? It is important that we cut out any glare, but don't necessarily need full blockout. Do you have any suggestions? I have never seen the honeycomb blinds other than in photos, so I'm just not sure.
Thanks,
Melinda

Hi Mel

If you are recessing your blinds you will get get less light gap installing a Honeycomb blind compared to a Roller blind. This is also one of the best blinds for insulation.

Sandra Martinello

Chris

Chrisasked

When I am measuring for a blind that goes inside the casement frame is it this measurement I use or do I need to allow for the fittings? If so how much?

Jaz
Jaz

Hey Chris
We didn't factor in room for the fittings

We measured from left to right of the internal recess

Hi Chris,

Jaz is correct. We just need Inside measurements from left to right, and top to bottom. We'll make any allowances necessary. :)

I hope this helps!

Karen

Karenasked

Do you do the remote control with the roller blinds?

Matthew W.Tuiss Blinds Online

Good morning Karen, thanks for your inquiry,

We certainly do have motorised Roller Blinds. As you go through the "Design & Order" process, you get to select either chain or motorisation.

Have a lovely day,

Terri.

Christina Scott

Christina Scottasked

Hello

Loving venetians I ordered from you last year, thank you! I am now going through options to filter sunlight through two north facing rooms. If we install the sunscreen rollers, will the warmth be reduced? We are in Hobart and really love the warmth coming in but our artworks and furnishings are a big concern for me.

Also, if I order some samples are they large enough to see how visibility is affected through the windows?

Many thanks!
Christine.

Good Morning Christina,

Thank you so much for your question.

Our sunscreens are designed to reduce heat and give you daytime privacy. The main aspect that would work well for you is that they are designed to stop fading of furniture. Also, glare is reduced significantly.

Our samples are 90mm x 200mm approximately which will give you an indication of visibility, but just note that the darker you go the easier it is to see through, however, the lighter you go more of the light will be reflected.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

roboanddi

roboanddiasked

Hi just ordered some samples so we can go ahead with our order but wondering if the panel blinds can be fitted to draw either to the right or to the left and how far does the fitting sit out from the wall/window frame. Do the panels sit close together or are there gaps? Thank you awaiting your answer, maybe you could email answer on [email removed] :-) Regards Di

Good Afternoon Di,

Thank you for your question.

Our panel glide system has a wand on the far left and right panels. So it can be used to go left to right and vise versa.

The panel glide bracket is adjustable, so you can get the 1650mm track nice and close to face of your window or door. The 3300mm track protrudes out 82mm. The panels overlap each other by approximately 50mm so that there is better light control.

This is a fantastic product for a door and really easy to install.

Feel free to contact us on 1300 761179 if you require any further assistance.

mohbarry

mohbarryasked

Hi there just wanted to understand some specs on the sunscreen pre-made outdoor blinds specifically regarding wind resistance?

thanks

Matthew W.Tuiss Blinds Online

Hi and thanks for your question. The Ready Made Awnings really aren't great in high winds. They don't come with the metal guide arm and are only attached at the bottom with bungee cord. Having said that, I've one on my bedroom window that's constantly down, on an east facing window, and has hardly flapped about at all. Mind, we've the ties quite tight on the bottom. BUT, if you're looking at a window that's exposed to the wind, I'd suggest you'd be better off with a custom made awning.

I hope this has helped!

Lourdes

Lourdesasked

Hi, we need a few roller blinds both windows and doors in our home but hesitant to order on line without seeing samples of sunscreen types, would it be possible to send us? We prefer off white and darker colour in our laundry room.

Matthew W.Tuiss Blinds Online

Good morning, thanks for your question. We do actually suggest that request samples before ordering, and we do provide a free sampling service. You can find our sunscreen fabrics here: https://www.blindsonline.com.au/roller-blinds/sunscreen-roller-blind

You can filter by colour and just hit the "Order Free Sample" under the ones you'd like to receive. We send out up to 10 for free, and any more than that is $2 each, but we send you a gift voucher for any money you spend (up to $50).

I hope this is helpful,

Terri Trewin

Denise

Deniseasked

Hi, we are looking at putting straight drop awnings on our pergola. We would need to install them on the outside of the fascia and be able to pull them down from the deck which would be the inside of the awning, would this be ok?

Thanks,
Denise

Good Morning Denise,

Thanks so much for your question.

I think it would be a great idea for us to have a chat over the phone. Could you call me on 1300 761179 when ever you are free.

ladycoconut

ladycoconutasked

are the colours limited with Transition Roller Blinds?

Matthew W.Tuiss Blinds Online

Good morning, and thanks for your inquiry.

We have a range of colours available in both Dim Out and Light Filter.

You can see our range here: https://www.blindsonline.com.au/transition-blinds and if you've any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Terri.

Kylie
Kylie

Sorry, I don't actually know what a transition roller blind is, we bought block out roller blinds - there were heaps of colours to choose from.

king

kingasked

The roller blinds we require need the chain on the left hand side plus, are the mounting brackets supplied with the blinds?

Matthew W.Tuiss Blinds Online

Hi, thanks for your inquiry.

When you go through the process of ordering your blinds, you get to select which side you'd prefer your chain on, along with the colour of your chain, brackets and base rails. We supply you with everything you need to install your blinds, right down to the screws. It's all included in the price on our site, so there are no hidden costs.

I hope this is helpful, and if you've any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheryl

Cherylasked

How long will it take to get a bonded blind custom made?

Hi Chery,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Bonded Roller blinds take 4-6 weeks to be manufactured, and delivery time is dependent upon your location. If you're local to us (Narre Warren, Victoria), you're also welcome to pick up your order.

I hope this is helpful,

Terri Trewin

Greg

Gregasked

Hi there,
I have a double glass sliding door that I want to have included in my quote.
I want 2 blinds for the door so that I can open one side only if needed.
Do I measure the door as 1 window as I want the blinds to be close to joining for privacy or do I measure as 2 windows?
Thanks!
Greg

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your question. Most sliding doors do not have enough depth to allow you to mount the blind inside the recess, therefore, face mounted is recommended. When measuring for multiple blinds:
A: Measure the width from the outside edge of the frame, left to right.
B: Measure from the outside left architrave edge, to the centre of the mid panel for Blind 1. Repeat from the right side to the centre of the panel for Blind 2. Make sure the two measurements add up to the overall width (A)
The blinds can be connected with our Easy Link bracket which allows the blinds to be operated independently with their own chain controller. The chains will be on the outer side of each blind. The cloth gap is reduced to approximately 20mm.
When ordering you will input the measurement of Blind 1. Proceed through to customise your blind. Ensure you select the Easy Link option and input Blind 2 measurement in the box above blind illustrated.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further assistance direct on 1300 761 179 or via email at sales@blindsonline.com.au
Warm Regards
Athena

Angie McKew

Angie McKewasked

which blind is the kind you can't see inside (from the outside) if it's dark outside but you have lights on inside?

Hi Angie

Thank you for your inquire.

We have a quite a variety of products available on our website that can offer you privacy in the night time. All our blockout fabrics are 100% blockout. These are available in our Rollers, Romans, Panels, Verticals. We also have other privacy blinds in Honeycomb, Venetians, Transition Rollers ,Plantation shutters and curtains.

Blinds online has an extensive range of fabrics available, and send out up to 10 free samples. I'd suggest this is your first step. We try to get the colours on our website as close as possible to the fabrics, however, because monitors vary, we suggest everyone orders samples so you know exactly what you're getting.

If you have any other queries, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Have a great day.

brooke

brookeasked

Hello! I am looking for timber venetians for my double sliding glass doors. Was wondering if I can give you the total measurement of the window and you can make two identical blinds to fit within?

Good Morning Brooke

Thank you for your inquiry.

When placing an order for two independent Timber Venetian blinds to be installed on the one window, make sure that the two blinds equal the overall measurement. No need to take any deductions off - our workroom will do that for you.

eg, if your total width is 3000mm, you will order 2 x 1500mm blinds, 1x left control and 1x right control. In the order instructions, specify that you will be butting two blinds together to fit overall width of 3000mm and that you require the Fascia board to be made in one piece.

Please visit our website and take advantage of ordering up to 10 free samples for you to look as Colours & weaves shown on monitors can vary depending on the settings of each individual computer and resolution of images and size changes.

Hope you have an awesome day.

Cheers

Sandra

JulieR

JulieRasked

Where on your website does it explain how to install the radio controlled mechanism into the roller blind? There is a section on how to set the control which will be handy but of no valve at the minute. Having had 5 blinds delivered I was very keen to start the installation but am now frustrated that it will now be delayed. We have previously ordered and installed 10 blinds from your company which where very easy by following the instructions. Thanks!

Good Morning Julie,

Thank you for your question.

It would be easier for me to help you through this over the phone. Could you please email me your contact details to my email address matthew@blindsonline.com.au and I'll give you a call. :)

Thanks Julie and have a great day.

Matthew Walsh