4.3 from 1,432 reviews

4.3

1,432 reviews
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (20) · No (227)

AnnPerth, WA

Jason's video saved the day (actually the night)

The chain had come off the bedroom blind (put up by previous owner). The blind is essential because a security light is right outside the bedroom window. I had no idea how to fix it but "Aha! Do what all the young people do": find a You Tube video. And there was Jason, calm and also clumsy, dropping the bits like me. Even though my mechanism was slightly different from the one he was showing, I managed to disassemble it and put the chain on. After quite a lot of frustrating effort and a moment when I gave up and decided to go to Bunnings and find a nice person to help, I had another go & even with my old arthritic fingers, got it back together. Yaay!! Thanks and hope you are safe over there in Vic. Regards, Ann

Jason

JasonVictoria

Nothing but praise for Paul our salesman and Heine our installer. Nothing was a problem for them. So glad we took Paul’s advise in selecting styles. Everything was to our satisfaction.

Thanks heaps Gents.

Jason

Colin S.

Colin S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Woeful Service/Lack of Care/Faulty blind

Blockout Blinds is a slick online selling machine but in my case the service was woeful.
They are quick to demand their money; 50% the day I signed up but after that nothing but delays, excuses and faults. Even though one of the blinds didn't even fit, I had to follow up on a number of occasions to get them back out. After all that the cut down blind still didn't fit perfectly. Major fail!

Find out how Blockout Blinds compares to other Blind & Shutter Shops

Amazing best sleep of my life since install!

Service was amazing, easy to choose colours and blind types, the booking of the install date was tailored to make my life easier, the installer was incredible, efficient and professional, and the end product looks amazing and has done an incredible job of blocking out all the light in my bedroom!

Mark

MarkGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Guarantee on Cafe Blinds

Guarantee on Cafe Blinds that I had installed , Does not cover any possible wind damage.
I thought Cafe blinds were suppose to be used to stop wind . MMM
Stitching failed , Should I replace it at my cost ?

LillyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst company ever..

Beulah F.

Beulah F.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not deal with this company even if your life depends on it

Less than zero is my rating for this company. They demanded complete payment before installation which we were unwilling to do. We logged a case with our bank and were able to get our deposit back

Stephen

StephenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Veery poor service

David B.

David B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor quality material, useless warranty support, Poor communication between warehouse and reception

unhappy customer

unhappy customerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

poor service

Have been waiting since February this year , so-called six-week installation. The first communication was in May a text to say the final payment was due within five days or storage and handling would be charged.I consider this to be rude considering have not heard from your company, and still not have what I've paid for, maybe you should reconsider your very false advertising. An apology wouldn't go astray either.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Do we have to pay even more than $10,000 to get you to complete the job?

Bradakil B.

Bradakil B.

Don't waste your time

Booked a free quote. The guy from Blockout Blinds came and measured the windows and showed samples. Then didn't bother to email me the quote. A complete waste of a day. Don't waste your time with this company.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Friendly staff, Terrible quality product, poor communication

Ava

AvaSouthwest, VIC

Verishade blinds- 7 months and waiting

Do not use this company for verishade blind installations. Ordered October 2019 and now at 24th April 2020 and still not completed. Installer uneducated on how to install as they subcontracted out. Stay clear. Customer service non existent !!

Jessica

JessicaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

9 appointments and 6 months later the job STILL NOT DONE

Customer

We were very impressed the the blinds we ordered, and being put in today 8/4/2020.
Nick, was very professional in his work, no mess. Nick and his offside showed me how to operate them after installed. We would like to thank him for his excellent work. You need people like Nick in your company.

Regards
Mario & Jocelyn Vadala

Not happy Jan

Not happy JanCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

Overcharged for products. Some of our outdoor blinds were measured too narrow. After so many phone calls and emailing the boss, blinds not remade and poor customer service I lodged an application with VCAT. Had requested a refund and day before hearing we finally received one. Left to pay legal fees 9 months after money paid for blinds.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Excellent salesmanship but poor delivery

I have been very unimpressed with this company. I ordered 9 blinds. One was cut way too small and had to be replaced and one was not only cut too big but the wrong type of blind was delivered. Despite many calls I am still waiting for the final blind to be installed correctly.

Amanda B.

Amanda B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good product. Disappointing after sales service

After sales no service

I have my whole house fitted with Blockout Blinds. Unfortunately two Roman blinds were not working using the manual chain. Simple gear fix.
Called the company on Friday January 10th to be told I have to log the issue via email and the after sales team will contact me.... not in a timely manner and at a convenient time nearly a week later. To cut a long story short I was listed as high priority so how lucky am I.
Eight weeks and still no blinds !!! I have contacted the company with promises I will be kept informed but still waiting
NO CUSTOMER SERVICE

Lillyasked

Hi this is Lilly. Wondering why my comments are being rejected! I am a legitimate client in Bendgio who has had plantation shutters installed in Dec. Half broken. Interesting no comment back from them

Hi Lilly,

We do not have the ability to reject comments - this must be from Product Review itself.

In order to discuss your account and any concerns can you please email telltheboss@blockoutblinds.com.au or call 9720 0011 and we will be able to look into your account and assist with any concerns.

Kaitlyn Farrance - Blockout Blinds

Lilly

I have emailed tell the boss and Peter numerous times since Dec last year paid my deposit in July!!! No response. Going to vcat.

Hi Lilly,

Can you please provide the name on the quotation or the quotation number so that I can look into this for you? I cannot find any emails with the reference 'Lilly'.

You can either provide this in a response here, resend your email to telltheboss@blockoutblinds.com.au or direct message us on Product Review.

Kaitlyn Farrance - Blockout Blinds

Where are your plantation shutters made. I have asked this 3x now

Bev C.
Bev C.

I am not sure. Buy I would not buy anything from blockout blinds. I have been. Waiting for ,,8 months for my curtains. Got shutters ok

Lilly

They are hopeless aren't they. I'm on a payment plan... Thinking I'll stop payment till I'm satisfied. I ordered last July,, @?!":#

Roxy
Roxy

They are made in China.

Lillyasked

Where are your plantation shutters made

Get an answer from our members and Blockout Blinds representatives