4.3 from 1,406 reviews

Nicole Hall

Nicole HallCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

I want to give blockout blinds zero stars. Very upsetting experience.

Blockout blinds has no integrity. Promise the world but deliver nothing. The girls in the office are incompetent and rude. Phone calls never returned.
Mistakes made on final payment by over $500 . I am still waiting for them to correct. I keep asking for my money back on my 50 percent deposit with no luck.
Most distressing experience

POOR QUALITY AND SERVICE

I ordered curtains from Blockout Blinds in June 2019 it is now December 5th, Once again my curtains have been brought out to be installed for the 5th time, once again they are WRONG worse than ever. I feel I have no option but to go to Consumer Affairs or A Current Affairs to get sdome action. I have been extremely patient, now I am over it... I will be calling Dave in the morning and demanding action (not that this gets anywhere) My name is Bev Carrison

Kim

KimGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Blockout roller blind

Francesca was very friendly, helpful and provided a professional service and booked me a free no obligation appointment. Thanks Francesca. Looking forward to my appointment and to receive a quote for my bedroom window blind

Thanks for your help Francesca

Francesca was very helpful and answered all my questions regarding the product we wanted with out a problem, made it very easy to book a time for a free quotation, thanks Francesca

Eric I

Eric IGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very good service

Blockout Blinds P.Blockout Blinds

The website is very easy to navigate through. found most of the items we needed for our new home.

Francesca was very accommodating and answered all my queries regarding the products we wanted. Made making appointment for free quotation hassle free. Hoping that everything will proceed smoothly in the future.

efc2070

efc2070Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Thanks Francesca !

Found website very helpful and process easy to set up. Hoping the rest of the process goes as smoothly. Great tips to ensure my quote is done perfectly. Thanks Francesca

Katy H.

Katy H.

Making your house a home was a quote from our design consultant.

Felix was our design consultant and we couldn't have been happier with his advice and suggestions. This is attributed to his experience, knowledge and listening patiently to our needs.
The whole process from booking the consult to installation was seamless. Thankyou

Chandan

ChandanGeelong

Worst experience

After I have seen their out outlet in Geelong left my details in the store. And after that they booked an appointment over the after 1 month. I was waiting whole morning the consultant Jarrod did not turn up and again they booked for next week after I called them. Again no turned up I wasted 2 days because of this worst company

Warren

WarrenVictoria

So happy the 1st time we came back again.

Great customer service from Francesca.
Cant wait for the blinds to finish off my house. Blockout Blinds did our 1st house and we have come back again as they were hassle free and have a great product.

Blockout Blinds P.Blockout Blinds

My initial contact with Gino to book in a design consultation was very pleasant and straightforward. He was courteous and friendly on the phone. So far, my dealings with Blockout Blinds have been great. Looking forward to receiving their quote...

Eric Z.

Eric Z.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very good service

Paul is very helpful and with good knowledge, he helped us to choose what we need and also give advice what looks better, thank you for your professional service Paul.

Just what I need!!

Great chat with Teaguan in shopping center who booked appointment quickly. She showed me range of fabrics and options and answered my questions with confidence and knowledge. She explained advantages of blinds and drapes

Blockout Blinds P.Blockout Blinds

Contacting the people at blockout blinds was simple & easy. Teeghan contacted me within minutes of speaking to one of their reps. Teeghan was brilliant to deal with very helpful, thanks.

TonyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Never trust their 10 year warranty

Bought their blinds in 2012 due to their fancy promise of 10 Year product warranty and we find it is NOT true. In the back of quotation, small wording of only 5 year warranty, item 6. During the quotation & installation, none told us. Tricky promise !!

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Tony

As I said, we have not been told the warranty is just 5 years. Our quotation number is 28743.

Communication with staff

After leaving details with rep lady in the shopping centre I received call back with in days time and I was able to book appointment within weeks time and was on time. All went well so for.
Very impressive

ALH

ALHCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Poor service

My problem is that one set of shutters was installed twice with incorrect measurements and we are still waiting on the third fit. I suggested to compensate us for this inconvenience Blockout Blinds might give us a discount, but was told "No". I was offered a $25 voucher instead which I declined as inappropriate and a bit of an insult. Staff promised to get back to me with new installation dates but have not. The initial order was made in December last year - nearly 12 months ago. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Very disappointed.

Janet

JanetGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible company do not use them

The made my blinds incorrectly and not as I ordered and damaged the window frames and they refuse to fix any of it. Terrible company. Save yourself the frustration and use another company.

Blockout Blinds P.Blockout Blinds

Quick response - very impressed.

I visited a Blockout Blinds kiosk at a shopping centre where they had a wide range of blinds on display! I left my details with a rep who organised an appointment for a free measure and quote, on the spot. She was very friendly and I received a text message right away confirming my appointment details. A very professional and accommodating business!

Nicole Hall

Nicole HallCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

I love my awnings

I was very happy with my service from Paul doing my quote and ongoing advice. The people at the call center are happy and helpful. I would recommend blockout to friends

RayNajafi

RayNajafiasked

I have used you twice and have a friend in Sydney who wants blinds. Do you go there or have an affiliate company or something?

Hi Ray,

We do get asked this question a lot as our clients like to recommend us to friends and family who do not live in Victoria. We currently service Melbourne, Geelong, Bendigo, Ballarat and Shepparton. We do plan to open up in Sydney but this will not be in the short term.

Thanks for your question.

The Blockout Blinds Team

George Wilson

George Wilsonasked

Do you do motorisied blinds and can you do the electrical work for an existing older home?

Hi George,

Yes we do do hardwired motorised blinds and we can also do the electrical work for you (we are one of the few blind companies who offer the electrical service). You can also choose to use your our electrician if you wish. The advantage of using our electrician is that they are well versed in all of our products, including how set up the limits, remote controls and how to adjust them should something not go to plan.

If you are building or renovating, we suggest you touch base with use to discuss having your electrician running power to each of the windows while in the construction phase.

Generally we can motorise the following (in order of popularity); Roller Blinds, External Awnings including Folding Arm Awnings, Ziptrak Alfresco Blinds, Roller Shutters, Custom Roman Blinds. Other blinds can also sometimes be motorised but they are uncommonly requested.

For Roller Blinds, we also have the option of Lithium Lion battery operated motors. The advantage of these, is that no electrician is required and they can be retro fitted to existing roller blinds if they use the same components as we currently use. These are great if you are getting one or two blinds or if blinds are in a location that is not able to have electricity easily run to it. The disadvantage of these battery operated blinds is that you need to plug them into a power outlet 2 to 4 times a year to charge them, depending on how often you use them, and over a very long period, gradually the battery will loose it's capacity to hold it's power and will eventually need to be replaced.

A point to note, is that we generally can not retro fit a hardwired motor to an existing blind even if the existing blind was originally purchased from us, which is why we highly recommend you order motorised blinds the first time around should it be an option you may want down the track.

We also have the option of controlling both the battery and hard wired motors through an application on your phone so you can control them from anywhere in the world!

We hope this helps.

Blockout Blinds.

dbmanny

dbmannyasked

I have had blinds before, but am now building a new house and am pretty sure want to put plantation shutters in them. Is there anything we should consider in the design of the house when it comes to the windows?

Hi There,

Yes there some important aspects to consider if you want to install plantation shutters. While shutters will fit most situations, we've still had many clients who have not been able to install shutters as they would like due to the configuration of the window. If you are installing as face mounted you may want to consider the shape and width of the architraves. Wide architraves are hard to cover and decorative architraves end up being covered over and are not seen. If recess mounting (inside the window) as a lot of people prefer, you need to consider the overall depth of the reveal so that the shutter louvers (which come in different sizes) can rotate with no obstructions. Some common issues in this scenario are window winders sticking out, window locks interfering and mullions running usually vertically that can all impede on the operation and best configuration of the plantation shutter. Also if recess mounted, fly screens need to be considered, as usually once the shutter is installed, you are no longer able to get the fly screen out if it is installed on the inside on the window.

We hope this helps. Should you need further help, feel free to call us.

The Blockout Blinds Team.

Get an answer from our members and Blockout Blinds representatives