Blockout Blinds

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (28) · No (279)

wendy
wendy

Avoid

Teak venetians installed. Paid a fortune snd there is a permanent yellow stain on the white venetian which was hidden at time of installation. Installation was also rough and slow because initial measurements were slow. I paid for teak but a chip has showed it looks like pine. Im done with this company.

Kaitlyn Sales Manager

Kaitlyn - Customer Service Manager - Definitely an Asset to Blockout Blinds with her excellent customer focus and professional manner in how she communicates!

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Blink
BlinkGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't get blocked, see the light first

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

Buyer beware!

Without going into detail about the many many issues I have had with this company Blockout Blinds I would just say be very wary of using them. My experience with them has been very disappointing to say the least! and by the looks of all these reviews, I am not the only one.
They have been extremely unresponsive to the issues and after months/years of putting up with their faulty shutters I’ve become so tired of fighting them , I have now lodged an application to VCAT. This could also be an option for many of you who have also experienced this very poor customer service. You cannot offer a guarantee but then simply choose not to honour it.

Great Blinds at affordable prices

Quality blinds and shutters were measured & delivered on time and came with careful and professional installation and good maintenance advice.

Cathrine
CathrineHurstbridge

Fantastic service

Site was easy to navigate and Renee when I spoke to her was very helpful. Appointment made within a week. Then when blinds ready installer rang and made a time. This was Sebastian he was most helpful. Then Wayne the installer rang and said he would be arriving 15 minutes away. He was very courteous and the blinds were fitted and he showed me what he had done. Overall my experience was fantastic and I would definitely recommend.

Gianna M.
Gianna M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't use this company!!- Customer service is dreadful!

ian
ianGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great blinds

Blinds were ordered by direct contact with rep at home
Measurement and quote were done and accepted
Blinds were installed efficiently and on the timelines promised
Very happy with the result

Beware!

Dianne D.
Dianne D.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

A total disgrace

This is a warning to prospective customers. Avoid this company like the plague. We have been waiting 9 months for our order, and they don't care. We have now sought legal advice. They are unbelievably bad in every way.

Another Disgusted Customer

I have been totally disgusted like many other customers that I have since read about.
Measurements, supply, quality and customer service. Ordered the shutters in Jan, told May installation, now its June. Measurements wrong, colour is pink!!! who orders a pink hue to their windows..no gathering like the pictures, too long, fitted with no rods to pull close, their poor installers sent out on goose chases to opposing suburbs to deliver without the full order to complete the install.
A service department that runs you around in circles. It is not 52% off its a scam as well. Go elsewhere.

Anthony
AnthonyWestern District, VIC

Disgusted

The guy that quoted us did crappy measurements according to they guy that installed the blinds. Ordered gray blinds for 3 rooms, one side is gray, other side is white, shocking company.

Steph
StephGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Go elsewhere disgusting company

Wouldn’t recommend at all blinds frayed after 6months and terrible customer service , seek alternative company . Warranty covers nothing such scammers

Con
ConSouthwest, VIC

just perfect for my windows

Got a good deal iwith Block out blinds in Nov 2020...it was an easy process. Our plantation shutters are just perfect for our windows. and we love it!

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Value for money

I can understand paying half when ordering but usaly you pay the rest on completion..I was surprised when I was asked pay the remainder befor installation. I was a little concerned by the billing process.. felt uneasy like I was being scammed but all worked out in the end.. Very happy with the product and especially the installer... Very conscientious..

Mazjasked

Has anyone been quoted or paid $1000 for a blockout blind 1865x2100? Seems very high?

Hi Mazj,
Depending on any additionals added or the type of fabric selected, this could be accurate.
Can you advise your quotation number and I can look into this to confirm and see if there is any further discounts that may be able to be applied.

Mazj

110898. That would be fabulous thank you.

Hi Mazj,
Thank you for this.
I have looked into your quotation and can see that the pricing is accurate. You have proceeded with two high quality fabrics on your blinds, so the pricing is more expensive that the average fabric.
You have ordered whilst we have our 52% off sale, meaning you have already received a discount of $3670 on the order, and no further discounts can apply as this is the highest discount availaible.
Thanks,

Lillyasked

Hi this is Lilly. Wondering why my comments are being rejected! I am a legitimate client in Bendgio who has had plantation shutters installed in Dec. Half broken. Interesting no comment back from them

Hi Lilly,

We do not have the ability to reject comments - this must be from Product Review itself.

In order to discuss your account and any concerns can you please email telltheboss@blockoutblinds.com.au or call 9720 0011 and we will be able to look into your account and assist with any concerns.

Kaitlyn Farrance - Blockout Blinds

Lilly

I have emailed tell the boss and Peter numerous times since Dec last year paid my deposit in July!!! No response. Going to vcat.

Hi Lilly,

Can you please provide the name on the quotation or the quotation number so that I can look into this for you? I cannot find any emails with the reference 'Lilly'.

You can either provide this in a response here, resend your email to telltheboss@blockoutblinds.com.au or direct message us on Product Review.

Kaitlyn Farrance - Blockout Blinds

Lillyasked

Where are your plantation shutters made. I have asked this 3x now

Bev C.
Bev C.

I am not sure. Buy I would not buy anything from blockout blinds. I have been. Waiting for ,,8 months for my curtains. Got shutters ok

Lilly

They are hopeless aren't they. I'm on a payment plan... Thinking I'll stop payment till I'm satisfied. I ordered last July,, @?!":#

Roxy