Blockout Blinds

Blockout Blinds (page 2 of 69)

4.3 from 1,378 reviews

Phone call review

Was great to receive a follow up call. Looking forward to the measure and quote and seeing what products you have and what will work best in our renovated home

Good customer service

Looking forward to our quote for doors and screens. Great customer service and very flexible with scheduling times to come out to measure. We hope to have our outdoor blinds installed soon.

Mark

MarkGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Phone call review

Francesca was very pleasant and helpful booking my appointment. I’m only writing this review for the $50 discount on offer as a reward, which of course is clever but bogus. I find it a little suspicious all the glowing reviews on blockoutblinds website are for a phone call, let’s hope the actual appointment, quote, turnaround and product quality are as good as Francesca’s customer service.

Nadia

NadiaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great customer service

Marcus was great arranged an appointment for a consultant to come and quote me .Great phone manner , and understanding of what I required .
Looking forward to my confirmed appointment this week .

Mari

MariSouthwest, VIC

Review of Marcus’ customer service

Marcus was polite and able to quickly arrange for someone to come and quote for a security door for my home. Very professional and pleasant manner. Made arranging a quote a simple process.

Great Service

Teaghan was friendly to deal with and gave me all the information I needed quickly and easily. It was a simple process to organise an appointment with a consultant for a quote

Veryangry

Deeply unsatisfied, ordered blinds and as told approximately 6 weeks, took 22 weeks, rang Paul on the 6th of June he text back and said 'out for tea with my kids, call tomorrow' still waiting for call which is now nearly 3 months later. I have advised other people to deal elsewhere and will continue to tell them.

Good customer service

Very friendly and polite on the phone. Marcus had all the information and answers to my questions, it was very easy to book an appointment for my quote. Thank you

Daniel

DanielGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Phone service

Drew did a great job - was courteous and efficient on the phone. I got what I needed without needing to call back / and without needing to be called back. Good work.

Blockout Blinds P.Blockout Blinds

Absolutely horrible, problem with blinds, have been lied to & still waiting for my blinds to be repaired

Absolutely horrible, had a problem with 1 of the blind strings, took 2 weeks for them to come out and have a look, once they arrived was told it would be replaced in 2 weeks, it's now going on 8 weeks & still waiting, do not believe any of the guarantees the company offers, I advise you to go elsewhere & get your blinds

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Ivanka I.
Ivanka I.

Mr Morris suggest you put waiting is aproximetly 10 weeks if repairs have to be done. Into your brochure. So we are looking forward for $50 voucher for not being on time as you say.

Mini

MiniGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Tegan made the call easy. Her product knowledge and ability to schedule a measure and quote so soon was great.

Haven’t had the measure and quote yet so can’t comment. Hopefully I get a good price and what I want. Looking forward to meeting the rep and seeing which option suits me best.

Alex

Alexmelbourne

Excellent customer service

Marcus was very easy to deal with. He was able to schedule a measure and quote for a time that suited me. Polite and friendly.good knowledge of the products they offer.

Kylie

KylieCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Excellent customer service

Marcus was very easy to deal with. He was able to schedule a measure and quote for a time that suited me. Polite and friendly customer service with a good knowledge of the products they offer.

Steve

SteveVictoria

Excellent service fron Teaghan. She called Felix who is in my area today, to check if I could be added to his schedule.

Extremely satisfied with the service received. Teaghan was very pleasant on the phone and was aware Felix, the rep was in my area today and arranged a same day quote.

DeniseSouthwest, VIC

Wouldn’t recommend them to anyone

The blinds are terrific but the service is atrocious, cancelled 5 times, I was very very disappointed with the service, was not allowed to speak to the manager at all, so the girls in the office copped it all, shocking way to run a business.

Denise

My account would be under Denise Cranwell and if you were as approachable as you seem to be now we would have had a discussion about your service at the time.

Paul

PaulCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Simple and easy

Chanel was professional and knowledgeable. She gave me plenty of information to get quote etc sorted in a good time frame. Have used these guys in the past and will again.

Warranty Claim MadeYes

Charlotte

CharlotteCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great to work and knows his products

Paul is very pleasant & friendly hes considerate to what my needs are easy to deal with & professional. Paul has a good knowledge of blinds.
Would highly recommend him to anyone for blinds

Maria

MariaSouthwest, VIC

Excellent customer service

Marcus promptly called after I left a message requesting a free measure and quote for blockout blinds. He was friendly and efficient and I got an appointment in a mutually agreed upon time.

WorkingMa

WorkingMaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great follow up!

Sara was both professional and personable to deal with over the phone. It was a very easy process to get a quote. Looking forward to meeting our design consultant soon.

Good service

Robert call me today, and make the appointment early. The old appointment date is 20/09, but Robert changed it early to 29/08. I was so glad to hear that. And Robert service was excellent.

RayNajafi

RayNajafiasked

I have used you twice and have a friend in Sydney who wants blinds. Do you go there or have an affiliate company or something?

Hi Ray,

We do get asked this question a lot as our clients like to recommend us to friends and family who do not live in Victoria. We currently service Melbourne, Geelong, Bendigo, Ballarat and Shepparton. We do plan to open up in Sydney but this will not be in the short term.

Thanks for your question.

The Blockout Blinds Team

George Wilson

George Wilsonasked

Do you do motorisied blinds and can you do the electrical work for an existing older home?

Hi George,

Yes we do do hardwired motorised blinds and we can also do the electrical work for you (we are one of the few blind companies who offer the electrical service). You can also choose to use your our electrician if you wish. The advantage of using our electrician is that they are well versed in all of our products, including how set up the limits, remote controls and how to adjust them should something not go to plan.

If you are building or renovating, we suggest you touch base with use to discuss having your electrician running power to each of the windows while in the construction phase.

Generally we can motorise the following (in order of popularity); Roller Blinds, External Awnings including Folding Arm Awnings, Ziptrak Alfresco Blinds, Roller Shutters, Custom Roman Blinds. Other blinds can also sometimes be motorised but they are uncommonly requested.

For Roller Blinds, we also have the option of Lithium Lion battery operated motors. The advantage of these, is that no electrician is required and they can be retro fitted to existing roller blinds if they use the same components as we currently use. These are great if you are getting one or two blinds or if blinds are in a location that is not able to have electricity easily run to it. The disadvantage of these battery operated blinds is that you need to plug them into a power outlet 2 to 4 times a year to charge them, depending on how often you use them, and over a very long period, gradually the battery will loose it's capacity to hold it's power and will eventually need to be replaced.

A point to note, is that we generally can not retro fit a hardwired motor to an existing blind even if the existing blind was originally purchased from us, which is why we highly recommend you order motorised blinds the first time around should it be an option you may want down the track.

We also have the option of controlling both the battery and hard wired motors through an application on your phone so you can control them from anywhere in the world!

We hope this helps.

Blockout Blinds.

dbmanny

dbmannyasked

I have had blinds before, but am now building a new house and am pretty sure want to put plantation shutters in them. Is there anything we should consider in the design of the house when it comes to the windows?

Hi There,

Yes there some important aspects to consider if you want to install plantation shutters. While shutters will fit most situations, we've still had many clients who have not been able to install shutters as they would like due to the configuration of the window. If you are installing as face mounted you may want to consider the shape and width of the architraves. Wide architraves are hard to cover and decorative architraves end up being covered over and are not seen. If recess mounting (inside the window) as a lot of people prefer, you need to consider the overall depth of the reveal so that the shutter louvers (which come in different sizes) can rotate with no obstructions. Some common issues in this scenario are window winders sticking out, window locks interfering and mullions running usually vertically that can all impede on the operation and best configuration of the plantation shutter. Also if recess mounted, fly screens need to be considered, as usually once the shutter is installed, you are no longer able to get the fly screen out if it is installed on the inside on the window.

We hope this helps. Should you need further help, feel free to call us.

The Blockout Blinds Team.

Get an answer from our members and Blockout Blinds representatives