Bluethumb Questions & Answers

Listing monitored by Bluethumb

4 questions from our users

Lee W.
Lee W.asked

Hi everyone, as an Artist on Bluethumb, I’d very much like to know: (1) which day of the week gets the most visitors? I’m guessing Sunday. (2) Are the Artist’s blogs (In the Studio) included in the sitemap and indexed by google? Thanks :)

Tilli
Tilliasked

I would like to know how other artist have found the payment for work sold process. I sold a work which was delivered and signed for on 14th May 2019 and have not yet received payment on 29th May. By my reckoning I should have been paid on 23rd May, a designated Bluethumb 'payday'. I have not been paid and there is more that $1000 at stake. I am not sure if Bluethumb really understand that artists depend on timely payments to keep their practice viable and alive. I want to believe the administrators care about the artists they represent, but am getting mixed signals. This latest stuff-up has created real hardship, not to mention the energy and time consuming distraction of chasing a payment. In my experience Art Lovers, StateoftheArt etc. treat their artists as partners i.e. real people. Does Bluethumb really do the same?

Team BluethumbBluethumbSend a private message
Monikka
Monikkaasked

How do we know this site is legitimate? I have searched for the awards it claims and I've attempted to subscribe to the newsletter and got ambushed by nuisance spin wheels. The artists I like cannot be found elsewhere on the net.

Sheeraz H
Sheeraz H
Annie
Annieasked

As an artist is this a good site?

Team BluethumbBluethumbSend a private message
Artist
Artist

No - it is atrocious - treats artists like cattle, takes a huge commission, and only promotes "decorative" wall art. I have sold over 120 paintings over 4 years mostly through ebay and Etsy but also through ArtLovers Australia.

Get an answer from our members and Bluethumb representatives

Extra Information