Bluethumb

See the Best Online Shops in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Bluethumb

Bad customer service

They only promote who they like on here. They even state they promote certain artists when wanting you go pay for advertising

Team BluethumbBluethumbSend a private message

Hi, thank you for the feedback, we'd love to have a chat with you on this, if you would like to email in to help@bluethumb.com.au with your concerns we can assist you further.

BA M.
BA M.
Steve CSydney, NSW

Poor communication

I have recently been told about Bluethumb and am looking to sell my fine art photography through the platform.

However, I have left one phone message with some quesions, sldo on their online chat portal. This was on Thursday 20th Jan, I have not had a reply even though they say they will respond within a few hours.

Still waiting.

Steve C

Hi Amy, how is this different to the old process? I was told my work was not accepted by Bluethumb, yet I am an award winning photographer.

Treena
TreenaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Non response to query late payments due artist

BJB
BJBSydney, NSW

Misrepresent size and spam you

Purchased a painting that had example on wall that distorted the size. Provided refund and apologised blaming artists for wrong proportional displays. This is passing the buck. Have been asking for last 12 months to stop emailing and sms. They still arrive weekly despite assurances they have closed my account. Can not trust this company.

Kristy
KristyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No response

Tried to become a selling artist on their platform but when applying through their online form it refused to go through. Emailed them directly and was told to send through images and bio via that email..... that was over a couple of months ago with me emailing twice to find out how my application is going...... nothing..... crickets..... how rude. So disappointed

disappointed Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Horrible business to deal with. Will never purchase again nor recommend to anyone else.

We purchased an artwork at great expense that we did not love and despite their ‘free returns policy’ we’re refused our attempt to return the item. Extremely disappointed.

• Return Claim MadeYes

International Shipping Practices Problematic

• Return Claim MadeNo

I have contacted them to complain I've received a digital reprint???

Received a digital reprint, clearly not the image I paid over $400 for, waited over 2 weeks for delivery, is that how long Officeworks takes???
Awaiting a response from Bluethumb

Helen P
Helen P
Team BluethumbBluethumbSend a private message

Thank you, Helen. We really appreciate posting an update here. We're arranging a pickup and will let you know what the outcome is.

Thanks for your support.

John R
John RBlackmans Bay,

Unacceptable communication and commitment

In May of 2018 I ordered a framed work from this resource. The order went well and without a problem. However, it is now June 17th and the painting has not arrived.received several updates and firm commitments to its arrival. Nothing has come and no one has contacted us with a resolution to our significant question....Where is the painting. We have been given delivery information that has been incorrect and clearly stated not available. Although the artists featured are admired and I was delighted to find a painting that was suitable,all I have after over a month is a credit charge that now must be resolved. Please take notice of the unreliable nature of this company

Smoke and mirrors

I think the worst t about Bluethumb is that on the surface it looks quite appealing and it's marketing sounds great.......but !
I think what your really getting is a very cheaply run website , nobody answers the phone , why ? Easy nobody is employed to do that .
The artist selling their work has to engage the courier themselves and pay for it while the customer is told it's free.,!
Basically. Bluethumb is run on a shoestring budget in order to accrue the most lucrative profit .
I would be surprised if there's more than five people involved , they talk big but it's all smoke and mirrors , so when they have a problem they don't know how to fix it........careful !!!

Art not received ... Payment taken ... No return to email

I still await response from not receiving a piece of aboriginal art; no response to email. Terrible customer service, considering art work technically purchased it's near fraudulent not hearing a thing. Four months and no explanation, no refund!!!

Sarah
SarahMelbourne

Non existant customer service

I recently bought 2 art pieces via the good looking website and neither has been shipped after the promised 5 days. The customer service is pretty grim. Emails do not get responded to and the phone is not answered. If the message bank is not full you can leave a message. I was only rung back when I posted a message on their wall on Facebook.

Lee W.
Lee W.asked

Hi everyone, as an Artist on Bluethumb, I’d very much like to know: (1) which day of the week gets the most visitors? I’m guessing Sunday. (2) Are the Artist’s blogs (In the Studio) included in the sitemap and indexed by google? Thanks :)

Tilli
Tilliasked

I would like to know how other artist have found the payment for work sold process. I sold a work which was delivered and signed for on 14th May 2019 and have not yet received payment on 29th May. By my reckoning I should have been paid on 23rd May, a designated Bluethumb 'payday'. I have not been paid and there is more that $1000 at stake. I am not sure if Bluethumb really understand that artists depend on timely payments to keep their practice viable and alive. I want to believe the administrators care about the artists they represent, but am getting mixed signals. This latest stuff-up has created real hardship, not to mention the energy and time consuming distraction of chasing a payment. In my experience Art Lovers, StateoftheArt etc. treat their artists as partners i.e. real people. Does Bluethumb really do the same?

Monikka
Monikkaasked

How do we know this site is legitimate? I have searched for the awards it claims and I've attempted to subscribe to the newsletter and got ambushed by nuisance spin wheels. The artists I like cannot be found elsewhere on the net.

Sharon A
Sharon A
Sheeraz H
Sheeraz H

Get an answer from our members and Bluethumb representatives