Bluethumb

See the Best Online Shops in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Bluethumb

fangarang
fangarang

For artists: As an artist Bluethumb is okay at best

• Incentivised Review No
  • Return Claim MadeNo

Not quite like picture on website

Painting is less vibrant than website pic & it was a little unfocused , possibly doctored somewhat .
I still like , definitely overpaid.

Team BluethumbBluethumbSend a private message

Colour very different to picture online

I fell in love with the picture online. The colours were vibrant and exactly what I wanted. Unfortunately in real life the colours are very different. They are much more muted and don't suit the colour scheme in my house. Yes I could have returned it - however it's a very large painting and with a busy lifestyle it got too hard to return in the requested time. I do like the painting - however I would not have spent ~$4k if the colour scheme was reflected correctly online. So my advice would be to request accurate photos of the painting - not anything stylised.

A little more transparency & responsive communication.

they represent a diverse selection of art. I liked that. when the rates/shipping came through, I needed to speak with blue thumb immediately. that did not happen.

when sheeraz did reply with apology and generosity, it was very helpful in shifting my experience. unfortunately, the customs hit was high and hard and a bit of a surprise.
that said, I'd engage with sheeraz in a second.
blue thumb.....not sure.

Online Shops

Find out how Bluethumb compares to other Online Shops

Tim
TimCairns

Great need to improve the site

Advertise free shipping - not exactly true

I am a seller on the website and when selecting a price for a piece, a 30% cost of the total price is added to cover shipping and insurance, for example: I choose a piece to be sold for $100, it will be displayed to buyers as $130, so you are in fact paying for shipping, it is just disguised by including the costs in the total selling price. The artist does not get the $100 they put up for the item, but 30% less of that, so $70. Just so you know.

Lee W.
Lee W.asked

Hi everyone, as an Artist on Bluethumb, I’d very much like to know: (1) which day of the week gets the most visitors? I’m guessing Sunday. (2) Are the Artist’s blogs (In the Studio) included in the sitemap and indexed by google? Thanks :)

Tilli
Tilliasked

I would like to know how other artist have found the payment for work sold process. I sold a work which was delivered and signed for on 14th May 2019 and have not yet received payment on 29th May. By my reckoning I should have been paid on 23rd May, a designated Bluethumb 'payday'. I have not been paid and there is more that $1000 at stake. I am not sure if Bluethumb really understand that artists depend on timely payments to keep their practice viable and alive. I want to believe the administrators care about the artists they represent, but am getting mixed signals. This latest stuff-up has created real hardship, not to mention the energy and time consuming distraction of chasing a payment. In my experience Art Lovers, StateoftheArt etc. treat their artists as partners i.e. real people. Does Bluethumb really do the same?

Monikka
Monikkaasked

How do we know this site is legitimate? I have searched for the awards it claims and I've attempted to subscribe to the newsletter and got ambushed by nuisance spin wheels. The artists I like cannot be found elsewhere on the net.

Sharon A
Sharon A
Sheeraz H
Sheeraz H

Get an answer from our members and Bluethumb representatives