BMW 3 Series E46

5 questions from our users

alexander h.

alexander h.asked

3 Series E46 (1998-2005)

Are the side mirrors powered on a 318i 2004 BMW and lf so how do you engage to make them work

lilgen

lilgenasked

3 Series E46 (1998-2005)

how do see if its a real e46?

Larry
Larry

Ask your BMW dealer

Mark B

Mark Basked

3 Series E46 (1998-2005)

What did the 2004 318i executive cost in AUD IN 2004?

PerthResident
PerthResident

$56 500, can find all car valuations on redbook.

sue

sueasked

3 Series E46 (1998-2005)

BMW 320I 6cyl is the cam gear belt driven or chain driven or gear driven?

PK

It is chain. No timing belt there.

Martin

Martinasked

3 Series E46 (1998-2005)

320i 2005 six cyl still beautiful wagon 145k km. Spent solid $ on alternator and fuel injection. Hold or sell before it gets ugly or is the 320i 6cyl a stayer?

Zaks
Zaks

145k is not much, if you service the car at independent mechanics it will cost you less. If its fuel efficient I'll keep it if not that means engine is wearing out. But again if car is over 15 years then its trouble. Yours is 8 years only.

PK

I got my 2000 323Ci at 200000km. At 240000km after 2 years, it is still a very dependable car. It had been well maintained by previous owners. I service car regularly and keep everything in tip top condition. It doesn't burn a drop of oil between changes. Does 8l/100km average.
I do most of the work myself. It needed a new DISA valve - $250 from clickable. Replaced windscreen cowl due to degradation - $200. Replaced power steering pump due to broken shaft with used but upgraded one - $100. Replaced worn out steering rack with lightly used good one - 150$. Replaced cracked valve cover genuine + gaskets - $500. Replaced leaking oil pan gasket(diy hard) - $50. Refreshed vanos rattle rings and seals with upgraded ones - $200. Full service kit from clickable (oil, spark plugs, cabin, fuel and oil filters) - $270. Regular oil kit every 7000km - $135 at clickable.
After all above maintenance work, and being able to work on above myself I have to say I have saved a lot of money. Some of them are not easy, such as oil pan gasket for sure. However if you are not technically inclined, I cannot recommend this car unless previous owner had already taken care of above areas.

Other Sedans