BMW 3 Series E90

BMW 3 Series E90 (2005-2012)

See the Best Sedans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for BMW? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking

BMW 2009 320d E90 turbo diesel automatic sedan

Purchased in April 2017.

Nate
NatePerth

Great car but don’t expect it to be cheap

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Sylvia
SylviaBrisbane

My very first car

Bought it second hand, but love the car as it’s classy and as diesel car, it saves a lot of money. People might feel it’s a little bit noisy but it is perfectly fine with me. Dashboard is clear, and you can pretty much know all the functions without reading the manual.

Badge320d
Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Sarah
SarahAdelaide

Beautiful car to drive

I have recently purchased a 2007 325i BMW with the Msport pack and suspension. I find this car to be very sleek. The navigation, front and rear sensors and multimedia are all easy to use. The shape and size of the car is perfect for day to day driving. I find a slight lag if I need to take off quickly into traffic but besides that the performance is perfect. Very happy with this car. Car is quiet and has lots of room. Runs perfectly.

BodyCoupe
Badge325i
Date PurchasedOct 2017
Ange
Ange

Lemon

I have wanted to drive a BMW my whole life and after just over a year of driving a 335i sedan on a novated lease I must say I am so disappointed and expected better for BMW. This car is a straight up lemon. 2 major problems which arose in the first year of using the car, first one a crack and subsequent leak in the coolant system. Second one a few months later the car just wouldn't start apparently due to "software problems" affecting the starter motor. We have had to pay around $4000 to date out of our pockets as the novated lease budget wasn't sufficient to cover the rip off prices that BMW service charge. Next car will not be a BMW thats for sure. Crap quality.

Badge335i
Date PurchasedOct 2016

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Alyssa
AlyssaBrisbane

Perfect car and very comfortable

Our car drives like a dream. It is very smooth on the road and doesn't sway when you turn sharp corners (like previous cars I have owned). It is very comfortable and has enough room for the whole family. I wont be buying anything else but a BMW from now on.

Date PurchasedSept 2016
AL1916
AL1916AU

Reliable car with quality

What I like about this BMW is build quality and just look elegance. Fuel consumption can be thirsty for the naturally aspirated 2.5 engine. On average it takes about 12 to 14L per 100kms.
you don't want things to go wrong with BMW because it can cost you, especially mechanically when its out of warranty.
Would probably recommend the newer generation for better fuel ecomomy

Badge325i
LineHigh-Line M Sport
Date PurchasedFeb 2012
Dennis b
Dennis bGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

BMW 323i faultless motoring

2010 323i solid great to drive. I change my oil every 10k and yes you can tell the difference if it's left any longer I tried Mobil 1 0/40 but found the Castrol 5w30 seems better nothing bad to say 8.3lts per 100ks serving is the secret to a great BMW yes i do my own oil changes it's easy cheers and happy motoring

Badge323i
LineEditions package
Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Heather
HeatherMount Waverley

lemon

driving experience great, handles good, no noises, stops well. nice leather seats, plenty of leg room. reliability none.always breaking down. running costs through the roof. the most unreliable, expensive car i have ever owned.stay away from this series 3 model. you have to take it to a specialist car mechanic,

Date PurchasedJuly 2014

Silverback
SilverbackSouth East Queensland, QLD

A dream to drive. Sports and luxury combined.

2010 BMW 320i 4 door sedan is an absolute pleasure to drive. Quick, efficient and very responsive I love driving this car. The steering is a little heavier than usual but this gives you great road feel, responsive driving experience. Love the leather interior but above just love the solid feeling and safety of this car. This is especially important when your family is on board. Great value for money secondhand. Quality product.

Date PurchasedSept 2015

DON'T BUY .... ABSOLUTE LEMONS

LineLuxury
DrBob737AU

Bring on the Road Pantzer

The BMW 320d E90 2008 model signifies sedan 2 litre diesel auto and this is a brilliant car. Solidly built, excellent road handling and brilliant at 5.6ltr/100km fuel economy. Just be careful with whomever you choose to service the car. Forget buying BMW parts from BMW in Australia they are the same as Citroen and Volvo. Whatever the price is in USA or UK triple it for Australia so just buy through eBay. Servicing in minimal once a year. This car is rock solid on the road with my heaps of torque at and above 1500 rpm. Forget the run flat tyres at $350 plus a pop get solid radials and look forward to smooth comfortable quiet driving experience.

Badge320d

Unsafe vehicles

Bought new 2010 320i Executive. Had bad car accident, not 1 airbag deployed after 2 collisions: bounced off a car and then a pole.
Can I sue BMW?

Read more reviews - page 2See all BMW 3 Series reviews

Edmunds S.
Edmunds S.asked
3 Series E90 (2005-2012)

Hello! Hope someone can help me
Why my idrive screen starts to function properly as it should work after i drive 15 minutes or so?? Example-i start the car and screen is on but when i press something its reacting after some time but later starts to work properly

Muhmmd Z.
Muhmmd Z.asked

Hi,

I’ve bmw 320i e90 2007, the engine oil level light (yellow) went off that engine oil level is below minimum. I topped up with 1L then I checked oil level and the indicator showed that oil level is OK. One week later, engine oil light went off again, i checked oil level and indicator showed that +1L of engine oil is needed to be topped up, I did add 1L. Two weeks later, engine oil light went off again, I checked the level, it was below minimum, then I checked the oil level again just 2hours later and oil level was OK (above minimum) !!!! [There’s no any oil leak at all]. Can I please know what’s going on with engine oil in my car???!!!

Thanks!

Jez P.
Jez P.asked
3 Series E90 (2005-2012)

Been thinking about getting a 2005 E90 330i, are there any particularly bad known issues with this model, engine wise (N52 engine I think) or with anything else to do with the car? Don't really want to be continually spending money on fixing it.

RW1891
RW1891

Hi Jez P, these are wonderful cars to drive. The steering feedback and the road grip of these are awesome. Some of those do suffer from coil pack issues, and injector issues. But my understanding is those are not common and rather common problem is their plastic water pumps rear with time. Check the car with a good independent bmw mechanic. That is worthy. Not buying the car because of fear of these issues at least in my view is like dumping a Victoria’s Secret model because she caught a common cold - happens sometimes, but nothing to split hair upon.

See all BMW 3 Series E90 (2005-2012) questions

BMW 3 Series E90 (2005-2012)

Compare all 24 BMW 3 Series
CategoryCars and Sedans
Starting Price $56,100
TransmissionAutomatic
Drive TypeRear Wheel Drive (RWD)
Fuel TypeDiesel