BMW 3 Series E90

what needs doing for a 130k service

Edmunds S.
Edmunds S.asked
3 Series E90 (2005-2012)

Hello! Hope someone can help me
Why my idrive screen starts to function properly as it should work after i drive 15 minutes or so?? Example-i start the car and screen is on but when i press something its reacting after some time but later starts to work properly

Muhmmd Z.
Muhmmd Z.asked

Hi,

I’ve bmw 320i e90 2007, the engine oil level light (yellow) went off that engine oil level is below minimum. I topped up with 1L then I checked oil level and the indicator showed that oil level is OK. One week later, engine oil light went off again, i checked oil level and indicator showed that +1L of engine oil is needed to be topped up, I did add 1L. Two weeks later, engine oil light went off again, I checked the level, it was below minimum, then I checked the oil level again just 2hours later and oil level was OK (above minimum) !!!! [There’s no any oil leak at all]. Can I please know what’s going on with engine oil in my car???!!!

Thanks!

Jez P.
Jez P.asked
3 Series E90 (2005-2012)

Been thinking about getting a 2005 E90 330i, are there any particularly bad known issues with this model, engine wise (N52 engine I think) or with anything else to do with the car? Don't really want to be continually spending money on fixing it.

RW1891
RW1891
Kaylee F
Kaylee Fasked
3 Series E90 (2005-2012)

I was looking at buying my sister a 2005 320i E90. It has 300,000kms (yes I know thats a lot) but the engine seems great in it. It has had the whole top end replaced recently. It has a new cooling system plus new gaskets throughout. It's a manual too if that changes anything. And the high kms are because they live out of town and were driving into town almost everyday putting at least 1,000kms on it a week.

So my question is, is it worth taking a look at? She will only have it for a year until she gets off her P plates and can afford the car she wants.

Larry
Larry
Snehal
Snehalasked
3 Series E90 (2005-2012)

i am planning to buy a 320 E90 2006 model which has done 17000kms. not sure wether its the best decision but i have always been a great fan of BMWs. Wanted to find out if it will be an economical car or will it drill a hole in the pocket? Also wanted to know that is it ok to buy it on such high kms done?

Gt Patrol
Gt Patrol

Pay and Get it checked thoroughly over by a BMW specialist before you buy. I didn't and a $8000 car cost me another $8000 to make it reliable. ( It costs to look good ) ha ha.

KBug
KBugasked
3 Series E90 (2005-2012)

Looking at purchasing a 2007 BMW 320i executive just reading air bags not deploying? Are these cars safe? One reason was going buy one.

Ahmet S
Ahmet S

I am sorry I cant help you with this model mine is a older model.

natural
natural
nregu57
nregu57

I now have a 2007 320i and have not heard anything about faulty airbags. There was a safety recall last year on a huge variety of different vehicle makes and models, but this one was not on the list.

Vince Magliozzi
Vince Magliozziasked
3 Series E90 (2005-2012)

Looking at buying a2007 320i m can anyone tell me if they have problems?

acerace
acerace

Sorry ,I cant help with that model.I have a M3 1994
My only comments would be ,BMW parts and (probably) labour charges are horrible.Buy low klm cars only and get it checked by an independent.

Keep Googling for reviews on your model .Good Luck

DrBob737
DrBob737
hope
hopeasked
3 Series E90 (2005-2012)

Im interested in buying d bmw 320i 2010 model. At 118000 km it still looks very new inside & d engine & was looking at a merc 180 c class. Reading all d comments send a chill down my spine cos i wanna upgrade
From my corsa GSI to something big must i look 4 something else??

Robert M
Robert M
Pusker Beral
Pusker Beral

Wow., I was going to buy it for the safety too. Now you leave me stranded, for the right reason.

kobrini1
kobrini1asked

I have a BMW 2008 320i.
How can I expand the luggage area?
I tried and tried, I looked at the manual book, no success.
Can someone help?
Thanks, Isaac

AndyM156
AndyM156
Ben McLean
Ben McLean

If installed the release levers are accessed via the boot under the parcel shelf, hard to believe that would be an option.

Dillon
Dillonasked
3 Series E90 (2005-2012)

Can anyone give advice please. I want to buy myself a BMW E90 2007 model 99000 km out of motorplan or Mercedes cdi c220 2005 model 114000 km. Which one is the best to go for??? So confused...petrol consumption and running costs?

Andrew t
Andrew t

None , be smart get a toyota or commodore , unless you have plenty of money to repair the German cars

sofia
sofiaasked
3 Series E90 (2005-2012)

Hi, I am considering purchasing a 2010 BMW 320d Executive (E90 MY09) through a dealer. After having done an awful lot of reading, I am wary about this purchase. I am trying to find the exact specs on it. The N47 engine was built either late 2009 or early 2010 which has me worried. I really just want to ascertain if I am buying a heap of problems for what would be my first BMW. Buy or run away?

CraigB
CraigB

I'd just make sure you get an independent mechanical check before purchasing. See if they've got full service history and have the transmission checked out.

Never
Never

I would not buy another BMW , not to scare u I had my 2013 328i within 9 months I had battery replace, modling came off , windows. Instrument and steering wheel rattles like hell.

brixous
brixous

Get an answer from our members and BMW representatives

BMW 3 Series E90 (2005-2012)

Other Sedans