BMW 3 Series E90

BMW 3 Series E90 (2005-2012)

See the Best Sedans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for BMW? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Comfort
  • Features

Katherine
KatherineAU

Most reliable car I've ever driven

Purchased in May 2003 for $37,000.00.

DrBob737
DrBob737AU

BMW 320D 2008 - The panzer still going strong after ten years!

After driving several European cars, my 320D is still going strong at 138K on the clock. In ten years of ownership this car has been extremely economical in all facets. 5.2 litres/100km avg serviced once a year at around $375 per service that’s it. Apart from a petrol station water ingestion in my diesel tank which was an insurance $8k fix the car has been running perfectly all this time. No parts falling off, just specified tyres, filters and battery replacements. No timing belt issues, no turbo issue, it’s called driving the vehicle the way it should.

Michael
MichaelHunter Region, NSW

BMW 2009 320d E90 turbo diesel automatic sedan

Purchased in April 2017.

Sylvia
SylviaBrisbane

My very first car

Bought it second hand, but love the car as it’s classy and as diesel car, it saves a lot of money. People might feel it’s a little bit noisy but it is perfectly fine with me. Dashboard is clear, and you can pretty much know all the functions without reading the manual.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Sarah
SarahAdelaide

Beautiful car to drive

I have recently purchased a 2007 325i BMW with the Msport pack and suspension. I find this car to be very sleek. The navigation, front and rear sensors and multimedia are all easy to use. The shape and size of the car is perfect for day to day driving. I find a slight lag if I need to take off quickly into traffic but besides that the performance is perfect. Very happy with this car. Car is quiet and has lots of room. Runs perfectly.

BodyCoupe
Badge325i
Date PurchasedOct 2017
Alyssa
AlyssaBrisbane

Perfect car and very comfortable

Our car drives like a dream. It is very smooth on the road and doesn't sway when you turn sharp corners (like previous cars I have owned). It is very comfortable and has enough room for the whole family. I wont be buying anything else but a BMW from now on.

Date PurchasedSept 2016
AL1916
AL1916AU

Reliable car with quality

What I like about this BMW is build quality and just look elegance. Fuel consumption can be thirsty for the naturally aspirated 2.5 engine. On average it takes about 12 to 14L per 100kms.
you don't want things to go wrong with BMW because it can cost you, especially mechanically when its out of warranty.
Would probably recommend the newer generation for better fuel ecomomy

Badge325i
LineHigh-Line M Sport
Date PurchasedFeb 2012

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Dennis b
Dennis bGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

BMW 323i faultless motoring

2010 323i solid great to drive. I change my oil every 10k and yes you can tell the difference if it's left any longer I tried Mobil 1 0/40 but found the Castrol 5w30 seems better nothing bad to say 8.3lts per 100ks serving is the secret to a great BMW yes i do my own oil changes it's easy cheers and happy motoring

LineEditions package
Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Silverback
SilverbackSouth East Queensland, QLD

A dream to drive. Sports and luxury combined.

2010 BMW 320i 4 door sedan is an absolute pleasure to drive. Quick, efficient and very responsive I love driving this car. The steering is a little heavier than usual but this gives you great road feel, responsive driving experience. Love the leather interior but above just love the solid feeling and safety of this car. This is especially important when your family is on board. Great value for money secondhand. Quality product.

Date PurchasedSept 2015

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Stussis Dad
Stussis DadAlice Springs

Perfect product

I bought the 320i executive new in 2008. It's just gone 4 years old and 70K and has not missed a beat, everything works as intended and still on the original battery. Great handling and nice and easy to maneuver and park around town and holds the road beautifully at high speed.

The only downside is there is no wheel well in the boot should (and I would!) you wish to change from runflat tyres to standard type tyres. The runflats are a piece of mind safety feature but wear out way to quickly (on my third set). I've had a few nice cars including Mercs, VW, BMW's, Audi but my next purchase will be another Beamer.
Equipment level, build quality, handling, fuel consumption.
I would prefer not to have runflat tyres.

Cleanskin
Cleanskin

infinity
infinityGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Low fuel consumption, good peformance for a 1500 kg vehicle

NotAHappyCustomer
NotAHappyCustomerSouth Australia

Best car I've ever owned

I've owned a Mazda, four Audis and an HSV, and this 3 series is my favorite car of all. I was lucky enough to get a German-built version when the 2009 model first came out. No problems at all with build quality, not a single thing has gone wrong in 2 years.

I don't find the run flats to be too hard, but I came from an HSV with 19" rims, so anything was going to be softer.

320d engine has ample power and great delivery. Economy isn't flash - around town 7.5l/100km and low 6s on freeway trips, versus official combined figure of 5.4L. That's the only downside (other than purchase cost, of course).
Reliable, smooth, great build quality, good styling (with sport pack)
18" rims make for expensive tyres

wisebuyer
wisebuyerAU

Good

My 323i M Sport is now 18 months old. Had minimal issues with it, all fixed at BMW Melbourne with no fuss at all. Have just replaced tyres with non run flats, and it makes a world of difference to noise, ride and handling. Just needed to buy the "Mobility" pump/puncture repair kit from dealer.
Great car, a pleasure to drive.
Run flat tyres, limited rear legroom

rogers