BMW 3 Series F30 (Sedan, 2012-Present)

BMW 3 Series F30 (Sedan, 2012-Present)

See the Best Convertible in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

320d Luxury Line - Excellent Drive!

I was in the market for a luxury sedan in early 2018. For me it had to drive descently with raw driving experience, have reasonable grunt, not too thirsty (not above 7 L/100km on average), comfortable, and good looking (in my eye) with a descent interior. After some background work I narrowed it to, BMW 320d, Mercedes Benz C 250d, Audi A4 Tdi/ TSI, Volvo S60 D4 Luxury, VW Passat ( sorry Lexus was not for me, and I am not a huge fan of Porsche). Others such as Maserati were tad more than what I wanted and perhaps bit of an over statement in my view.

BMW 320d gave me everything I wanted. Looks aggressive enough and pleasurable. Not too conspicuous. Interior trim seemed minimalistic, but very driver oriented and good quality.

The drive was so smooth, engaging, and raw. The most impressive was the cornering. All others accelerated well, and hit 100 the acceleration seems slightly less linear. But BMW 320d, accelerated from 100 on freeway it is as if the car is saying “I just only got started”.... smooth linear acceleration. Cornering is just perfect.

I bought it. So happy after 1 year. No issues so far. Fuel economy is 5.1 L/ 100 km on average.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

car Does 5.2 litres for 100kilometres. Car is smoothe and is an excellent vehicle on both highway an

Commuting and long distance. Used every day. Service is done as per recommendation. No issues with car. Comfortably seats 4 people. Large boot. Good vision and has parking assist. Paintwork seems far superior to other luxury cars the same age. Very good car for a female also. 5out of 5.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

The best car you can have

I had just recently sold my 2012 BMW 328i and I can’t stress how much I miss it. The infotainment system of it is so intuitive and the driving experience is just a notch better than all other cars that are in the class with it, I know it is not as good as the good old E46 or E90, but it is still considerably better than other cars by miles. Writing this review makes me miss it more. Wish to see it around the city one more time. And the maintenance for the car is about right if you do not go to a dealership, BMR is where I would recommend. Best car you can ever get.

Badge328i
LineHigh-Line Luxury
Date PurchasedJul 2016

Excellent Car As good as new even after 2 nearly two years

It does not take a genius to realise that motto of BMW is exactly what it feels like while driving. Its 'Sheer Driving Pleasure'
Luxury is what you look forward to when you have BMW and it gives a perfect blend of sporty feel as well as conform while driving the car, You are sure not to get fatigue even if you drive around 300 KM.
Running cost can be high but if you have package with BMW service it won't cost you much.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Perfect, 340i sedan

I bought my 340i sedan as an ex demo car. It is an M Sport in black metallic and was built May 2017 and I bought it in November 2017 with 2500km. Saved just over $20000 on new price.
This car is by the far the best BMW I've owned; all the technology works perfectly. It has connected drive with internet access and the driver assist package that includes auto braking, lane deviation etc. LED headlights give excellent night vision. The updated I-Drive has been modified for easier access to all functions. The Voice recognition works perfectly; you can call numbers with your phone connected to bluetooth, change radio stations, call up music from the USB drive or inbuilt hard disc. The Head UP display is amazing; this should be compulsory on all new cars. A camera detects the speed limit information on road signs which is then displayed on the windscreen beside your current speed. Plus navigation directions are also displayed on the HUD. You never need to take your eyes off the road to check your speed or the limit; its always right in front of you projected onto the windscreen
The car is quiet, comfortable, extremely fast and surprisingly economical. Its just turned over 6000km and fuel consumption is showing at 7.8l/100km for a mix of driving. Very good for a 3.0 litre turbo with 245kw of power.
All round excellent and a superb car

Badge340i
Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great driving experience except for the tyres

I bought this car in 2016 when it was two and half years old with only 13,000 kms on the clock. I bought it via a dealer, but it was a deceased estate - hence the low kms. I have been very happy with it. I love the way it drives - the dynamics are sharp and the 2 litre turbo is very responsive. After all, you buy a Beemer for the driving experience and I'm very pleased with it in that regard after years of driving company cars - Falcons, Commodores, Aurions. It looks great and the the finish is very good. The modern line with oyster upholstery is very attractive and cool for Qld's warmer climate. I drive it in the normal setting most of the time and get 10L/100kms around town and about the same on the open road. I find the stop-start quite rumbly on restart, so generally turn it off. My main grumble is runflat tyres. They make for a bumpier ride on anything other than smooth highways and they are completely unsuited to long distance driving in Australia. No doubt they are fine on the German autobahns. So I don't take it much out of the SE of Qld where I can be sure of getting a replacement tyre. That means the old Toyota Aurion gets to do all our long distance travelling - it's a great car to drive in a straight line and more economical on the highway than the Beemer. My local mechanic services the BMW now it's out of warranty and he is far more reasonable than the BMW dealers.

Badge320i
LineModern
Date PurchasedJul 2013

Best car I have ever owned

Perfect!! This Car has everything that I ever wanted in car ... luxury to comfort. Leather seats, sunroof, AI feels like one of Mr.Bond car. Car runs on diesel and powerful engine. Although these A listers are bit high on maintenance, fact is if they are regularly taken care then they remain loyal. Safety for all seats which is best and it’s rated 5 star for crash testing

LineSport
Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Great value car

Great smooth driving car! For it's price it is an affordable BMW. I would highly recommend purchasing the 330i over the 320i as it has much more power and a sport and sport + mode. 0-100 in 5.8 seconds and with a great interior and exterior with the m sport package.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

This is great car.

Great performance & very easy to handle. Petrol consumption is on average 7 to 8 per litre. Plenty of leg room in frond but back leg space is not much.
Disappointed with the rest in the wheels. It is a 2015 sedan,they said it is not the manufactures fault. Not satisfied with that.

BodyCoupe
Badge328i
Date PurchasedDec 2015
It was rust on the wheels

Shocking quality and BMW not willing to cover faults under manufacturer warranty. Really bad custome

Quality of wheels is really bad. Just within a year clear coating is peeling off the wheels.
BMW is bouncing me between different dealerships, as no one wants to fix the wheels under warranty as it will cost them $. BMW is showing no ownership of their warranty coverage.
Even after raising the issue with the head office twice (over the phone and in written email), there is no response or even acknowledgement that someone is looking in the customer complaint.
I am just about to take this matter to consumer court next week.
BMW just come with a big price tag and poor build quality and worst customer experience. Other brands like Toyota or Holden at least own their products and deliver better service to their customers in less than half of the price.

LineHigh-Line Sport
Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Great Drive but iDrive is Crap

Love the drive. There's some turbo lag as expected for a turbo charged 2L but it's not as noticeable as compared to other cars I've tested (VW GTI, Audi A3). That's an easy fix by using sport mode where it's almost non-existent but you'll pay through the roof for fuel.

Had a lot of issues with the iDrive system though. Kept crashing when I was using the GPS and reset all my saved maps and Connected Drive from my phone. Had to bring it back to the dealer 4 times (if not more) to sort that out. They replaced the system and reinstalled the software before it finally started working properly.

Had a squeaking sound after the first month of purchase and they kept blaming the seals. Eventually sorted out and it was the front seats which required some tightening if you do experience that issue.

Another issue I'd was the "sound exhaust" below the driver's seat. The gap is quite big to allow the engine vocals into the cabin but coins and small items can drop in pretty easily if you aren't careful. Once there it's hell irritating as you can hear rattling sounds and it's a pain to take out.

Overall I'd rate it 8/10. It's the "ultimate driving machine" after all and the drive sure didn't disappoint.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Not comfortable as it seemed from first

Bought this from dealer looked amazing drives pretty smooth power was also good just that after few months of owning it things started get unclear been a daily driver I drive at least 3 hours on the road the car is very hard the seats no longer comfortable always have problem with the back window which they replaced awhile ago and its glass always makes squeeze noise also when traveling between 85-95km/h the side mirror makes unnecessary noise as well dealer had look shake heads dont know what to do the gas paddle starts become jamming some too. Not a good quality one from bmw.

LineHigh-Line Luxury
Date PurchasedMay 2015

THIS IS GREAT

Driving experience is great. Noise is ok. since my one is diesel. so it's fair enough.

run flat is good since last time i got a puncture in the tyre.

Dashboard is ok but its easy to get boring. legroom is good for the driver but not good for passenger.

Badge318d
LineClubsport
Date PurchasedMay 2012

Love this car!

Bought this car new in March 2017 and absolutely love it! The engine is powerful and the transmission is very smooth. Day to day driving is comfortable and fuel efficient (6l/100km), but when you switch to sport mode it becomes a real drivers car. Power and road holding is typically BMW and best in class. Very spacious cabin, front and rear seats are comfy and supportive for my family of four and a large boot as well. Interior is minimalist, well laid out and the idrive system is functional and easy to use. If there was anything I would change it would be the exterior colour which is black, although it looks great when it has just been waxed, it tends to show dust and dirt very quickly. Overall I am stoked with this car as it suits my needs perfectly. It is a car that I feel excited to drive each day and one that I have to keep making excuses to take out for a drive!!

330i great sporty drive

The new 330i sedan with the M Sport package is a great drivers car, can be eco for great fuel economy or click sport depending on your mood or the road.Heaps of power with the twin turbo and very good handling
Fabulous for long distance driving, no stress driving, good sound system and quietness
Quiet, luxury with all the safety features of active cruise control and more cameras than a Hollywood movie

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Dissapointment.

I bought the Vehicle New and at first I loved it although it didn't take long for that to change. The Car itself is extremely lovely in Looks, Paintwork, Wheels, Sunroof and Tint and Wheels all look nice. It is a Sport Line Model and has Low Profile Tyres which I do not like as they give a Hard Ride and are also very noisy. Just a few Weeks after purchasing the Car I was Driving through a Country Area (Luckily) and as I Turned Left the Horn sounded and did not stop. I pulled to the Side of the Road and tried everything I could to get it to stop without much success although after about 5 or so Minutes it just stopped. When I tried to Restart the Car it went crazy again so I just left it were it was and Rang for Assistance. When the Mechanic arrived he had no answer for the Problem and just Disconnected the Horn altogether. Drove it for several Weeks before I was able to Attend a BMW Service Centre where they could find no Fault with the Horn. Long Story Short, I still have the Problem with the Horn Sounding on it's own intermittently which makes it very Stressful when I have to Drive it anywhere.

Had a 4 Hour Drive on Tuesday to the Nearest Service Centre as the First Service was Due although I only had 6,800 Kms on the Clock that was just over 7,000 Kms when I arrived at the Centre. During the Drive down I heard a strange Whirring noise coming from the Back of the Car and knew what it was straight away. The Service Centre verified my worst thoughts and informed me that it needed a New Differential although I would have to Drive the Car the Four Hours North and bring it back another Day. They informed me that they would need the Vehicle for at least two Day's which means at least two more Nights Accommodation in a Hotel. The Vehicle is also Fitted with Automatic Door Locking and Seat Belt Tensioners as you Drive off and these only work around 2 out od 10 Times and BMW said that they cannot find any Fault. With the Horn Problem and now needing a New Diff and currently Driving it around with these Three MAJOR Problems and a great Lack of real interest from BMW, you could certainly Guess that I am a little more than just Disappointed.

Of course an Offer of a New Vehicle is totally out of the Question as We, The People, are nothing more then Dollar Signs to any Company, no matter who they are. NEVER would I EVER suggest to anyone again to Buy a BMW as they are nothing more than Glorified LEMONS. It's certainly nothing more than a total Disgrace to have to Drive such a Faulty Vehicle around that dam well Costs a Small Fortune and never knowing when the rotten Horn will sound again and BMW can't even work out what the Problems are. I could go on for another Hour at least about how Disgusted and Angry I am but what's the use as no one really cares. Just give them the Money and disappear.

So, if anyone is Interested in a Beautiful looking BMW, 2016, 330I Sports Line with only just over 7,000Kms, please let me know. Thank you all for your Precious Time, I really do Appreciate it.

LineLifestyle
Date PurchasedMar 2016
Update. I have now been driving my Brand New (well it was last Year) Mercedes that I Bought after Dumping the Crappy BMW and have not had any Problems. Just Love the Merc. Hope my Report on the BMW Helped at least One person.

Great performance, perfect as a family car

BMW series 3 is perfect for my family of four. It is spacious in the inside As well as the boot. The handling is very smooth at turns as well as the performance of the car is really good for the price. Overall it is also fuel efficient so the running cost is not as high as the other similar range.

Badge316i
LineExecutive

So Damned Fine, But Here Are the Minor Gripes Most Won't Talk About

Just purchased a second-hand (2013) 320d. I absolutely love it, and not just because I'm desperate to tell myself that I made the right decision in spending that much money on a car. I can rave about how great it is, but many other people will have done that already. So I'm going to talk about the fuel efficiency in real terms and the things that aren't quite as great as they could be in again, very realistic terms.

This is, in simple terms, a fantastic car. But if you've read rave reviews and you're wondering, "what aren't you telling me?", then read on...

The fuel cost is *incredible*, and it is for this reason alone that I can't help but feel that all my family and friends need to have one of these cars.

So, diesel is more efficient than standard fuel and thus (I'm lead to believe) you will use 30% less. Then, on top of that, the price per Litre is even cheaper again. So, cheaper fuel, AND I use less of it. Brilliant! I've found that I can do 5-6 hours of driving around Melbourne and it will cost me $15 in fuel.

The car switches itself off at traffic lights when I come to a stop (it felt like it stalled on me the first time it happened). I've been told this is to reduce exhaust emissions rather than to conserve fuel usage, but given the amount of time I spend at traffic lights or coming to a stand-still in inner-city traffic, I can't help but wonder if it helps with fuel efficiency too. This means that there is a delay of waiting for the car to start again once the lights change if you haven't taken your foot off the break to re-engage the engine beforehand.

The car does have some "get up and go", but there is a delay before things "kick into gear". So while you can pull away from others and slip in before them, if there's something that you need to get out of the way of *right now*, you have to wait for that delay before the extra power kicks in. This can take some getting used to. If you want a car that responds to you putting your foot down immediately, this is not the car for you. Take one for a test drive in an area where you're to really test out the acceleration and such to get a feel for things.

Downsides.... The seats are not super cushy (which is surprising for a "Luxury" line) and the suspension is a little on the hard side. If you have a bad back, this is not the car for you.

The two front seats are a little on the narrow side, so if you or a friend are obese than the seats may feel tight and uncomfortable for you/them. But for those that don't have an American-sized body, the seats have electronic controls so that you can easily change the position of the seat *exactly* to suit you.

I used to drive a hatchback before I got this sedan, so the windscreen felt *really* narrow to me when I first sat in the car. Now that I've been driving it for a while, I don't notice it.

The car has a knob between the two front seats that is used to enter addresses for the GPS. It is clunky and unwieldy and it makes me wonder, which BMW execs went, "yes, this is how we want our car's system to work". I hope future models have a touchscreen because it's a little ridiculous. If the system syncs with your mobile you can thankfully ignore it, but still...

The sunroof is a "normal sunroof size" and the only reason that factors as a negative is because there are other BMWs where the sunroof is almost the entire roof of the car.

There is no spare wheel in the boot. However, this also means that there is a "smugglers compartment" where the spare would normally go. This is brilliant for putting things in there that you want kept with your car 24/7 (log book, first aid kit, spare water/oil, tools, etc) but you don't want these items cluttering up your glove box/boot. Brilliant! All cars should have one of these.

One of the things that I adore about this car that others seem to not mention is that the cruise controls are on the steering wheel (where most manufacturers put the controls for the radio - this car they're on the wheel, but they're on the other side of the wheel). This means that I can set, increase, decrease and have the car return to, a specific speed with the flick of a thumb. This makes driving in Victoria (where you can get done for speeding if you're 2km over the limit) a stress-free experience, because I *know* I'm not speeding no matter what the limit is.

So year. Not a perfect car (I'm not sure there is any car that is perfect), but there are so many things that are so damn fine that these minor niggles are well and truly livable/bearable/reasonable for me.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
I've now been driving my baby for a year and I love her even more than I did when I first purchased her. I drove from Melbourne to Canberra on half a tank ($40). I have (as I suspected would be the case) gotten used to the delay before the car's grunt kicks in. There is a trick to when and how you use the accelerator that is hard to explain in words but you instinctively figure how how to do after you've been driving the car for a time (it has to do with the pressure you use and when). I should mention (because someone messaged me about this) that you can turn off the "pause" at traffic lights function. I actually like this function. It took me a while to get used to it but like the quietness at the traffic lights when the engine isn't on. The "get up and go" this car has is excellent. The ability to pull ahead of traffic is brilliant for dealing with peak/congested traffic. Something I didn't mention in my original review is the different modes you can drive in. Comfort (standard) Eco is more fuel efficient and the "pause" at lights will turn off when you're in this mode. Sport (fun mode) has noticeably better traction and handling when going around roundabouts. Really good when driving in peak traffic when you need to be able to change lands or to dart ahead of someone. She's great at pulling ahead of others at traffic lights, but this makes her even better. Servicing has cost me around $400 each time. I have since since purchasing her, changed all my tires to Pirellis. The suspension and handling has had a noticeable increase. The hard suspension I mentioned earlier is gone and I have a much smoother ride now. I had a truck take out a side mirror and I was so glad that my car was insured because a single side mirror almost cost as much as a year's worth of insurance. Genuine BMW windscreen wipers are $85 and are excellent quality, but are they really worth the extra money that normal blades cost? I dunno. They are *excellent*, and give a clean, clear wipe and are silent in ways standard blades aren't, but I'm not sure if I'll bother getting them again when these ones run out. The leather seats are easy to clean and maintain. I use a cloth and a leather cleaner that is specially designed to protect against the Australian sun. I also take my car to a hand wash detailer every 3 months for them to give her a deep clean and she comes out sparkling like the day I purchased her. The cruise control is still one of the highlights of this car for me. It is effortless to use. I was given a hire car to drive while my car was having it's mirror replaced, and the cruise control was so awful that I couldn't wait to get back into my car. Four buttons... • On/Off • Resume • Set (immediately. Other cars have the speed drift around until it kicks in. Gah!) • Go Up to next increment of 10km or Increase by 1km. Just brilliant!

LOVE MY BMW320D M SPORT "STORM TROOPER" HIGH GLOSS WHITE SEDAN and BRISBANE BMW

SIX MONTHS UPDATE - MAY 2017 - STILL LOVING THE BMW320D SPORT :) STILL DRIVES, FEELS AND SMELLS LIKE IT DID THE DAY I DROVE IT OUT OF BRISBANE BMW SALES YARD. GREAT FOR SHORTER PEAK HOUR CITY TRAFFIC AND TOTALLY JOYFUL ON THE WIDE OPEN HIGHWAYS. UP TO 1000 KILOMETRES PER $80 DIESEL TANKFUL MAKES THE WALLET JOYFUL AS WELL.

I bought my BMW320D M Sport in October from Brisbane BMW and both the buying experience and the BMW car have made my 2016.
The buying experience ...Love the car 100 per cent and Sales Manager Ed Mabrouk and the darling of all sales people, Fllippo Toralbo, are your go to people for BMW shopping. Buying a car should be an enjoyable experience and Brisbane BMW make that happen regardless of gender, age, etc. (Having helped my teenage daughter buy her first car last year I feel we met every big bellied, gender discriminating car salesman in the Greater Brisbane Area - so Brisbane BMW is a breath of fresh air.) Brisbane BMW's Filippo is your modest, gentleman - no pressure, take your time, really seems to connect with explaining the technology to non-mechanical types :)

The car ...my BMW is high gloss white, black leather throughout with high gloss timber trim, gorgeous smooth driving sports steering wheel, loads of head and leg room, fabulous boot space and it drives like a dream. (Yes, this is a woman's review!) This is my second 3 series BMW diesel and again one petrol tank stretches up to 1000 kilometres. The car drives smoothly, quietly and has serious power thrust. It has a speed limiter (use or not) which I am loving especially in school zones when a sporty car can creep up in speed so easily and it has a hijacker alert button - yes, hidden above the rear view mirror is a button which the driver can push which sends a message to the nearest police station (based on satellite nav) and to BMW Australia advising the driver of the vehicle is in trouble. How cool is that. The double drink container is perfectly sized and positioned, the padded leather elbow rest is actually my large make up drawer and the high quality lit mirror on the visors are large enough for doing hair and makeup. I hate tight parking and this Beamer does it for me with that great live A-V footage happening on the dash, I no longer have to estimate or guess how close I am parking to other cars - my BMW tells me. My car is the luxury line and every time i get into the car is a good moment. The large leather seats with loads of adjustments mean I am always sitting comfortably with best road view. The glove box is gorgeous and generously sized and easy for the driver to reach. The engine, well it is a new BMW, so it purrs and is magnificent. Brisbane BMW's Filippo also spent over an hour after the sale just showing me all the wonders of this car, linking in my mobile phone, personalising all the settings for door locks, etc. to suit me. He phoned and text for the two weeks post sale checking in to see if I needed to know anything more. (My insurance company was very impressed with the price I paid commenting on how below list price it was!)
You can go to the BMW website to find out all the technical specs of this car, however, as a new car owner and primary driver of a BMW320D M Sport I not only recommend this awesome machine but if you want to feel great buying your car - go to Brisbane BMW.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Think twice before buying another F30

I own a 330i and 220i 2015. I love my 220i as it is stylish, reliable and fuel efficient. In fact I think paying $54,000"for the MSport is not expensive when you compare it to its rivals.
I can't say that I am very happy with my 330i. There are rattling noises inside the cabin and you feel every bump. I have ben to the dealership to fix the connect drive, sos failure. Sure it is a car but you don't expect to deal with such issues if you are paying a lot of money for it.
I,could have been better off purchasing a C class.
I went for F30 as I prefers the more sporty style. Previous to these cars I used to own 2 Hyundai. I can confidently say the quality of workmanship in the Hyundai was superior.

Happy with 220i. I also think having built in Germany has something to do with it as well. The 330i is built in South Africa. Won't rush back to the dealership to purchase another one in a hurry. I think BMW should make more effort into quality control.
Pat