34BMW 3 Series

Boot Size
Comfort
Features
Best Cars
See the Best Cars in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

BMW 3 Series105 reviews
Xav
Xav6 posts

Great value car

Great smooth driving car! For it's price it is an affordable BMW. I would highly recommend purchasing the 330i over the 320i as it has much more power and a sport and sport + mode. 0-100 in 5.8 seconds and with a great interior and exterior with the m sport package.

Ostsee
OstseeNSWSydney, NSW27 posts
  3 Series E93

Always a Legend

Service price is very fair with independent BMW mechanic after warranty expired. Quality is excellent compare to 4 cylinders 3 series. Always sporty and eye catching. Only replaced the Adaptive Headlight in past five years. No oil leak, no roof leak. I have to say 335i is a good choice.

Thomas Samuel
Thomas SamuelVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts

This is great car

Great performance & very easy to handle. Petrol consumption is on average 7 to 8 per litre. Plenty of leg room in frond but back leg space is not much.

Disappointed with the rest in the wheels. It is a 2015 sedan,they said it is not the manufactures fault. Not satisfied with that.

Show details ·  1

Sarah
SarahAdelaide3 posts

Beautiful car to drive

I have recently purchased a 2007 325i BMW with the Msport pack and suspension. I find this car to be very sleek. The navigation, front and rear sensors and multimedia are all easy to use. The shape and size of the car is perfect for day to day driving. I find a slight lag if I need to take off quickly into traffic but besides that the performance is perfect. Very happy with this car. Car is quiet and has lots of room. Runs perfectly.

rohit10
rohit10VICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts
Ange
Ange3 posts
  Verified 3 Series E90

Lemon

I have wanted to drive a BMW my whole life and after just over a year of driving a 335i sedan on a novated lease I must say I am so disappointed and expected better for BMW. This car is a straight up lemon. 2 major problems which arose in the first year of using the car, first one a crack and subsequent leak in the coolant system. Second one a few months later the car just wouldn't start apparently due to "software problems" affecting the starter motor. We have had to pay around $4000 to date out of our pockets as the novated lease budget wasn't sufficient to cover the rip off prices that BMW service charge. Next car will not be a BMW thats for sure. Crap quality.

Adent
AdentPerth5 posts
Alyssa
AlyssaBrisbane9 posts
  3 Series E90

Perfect car and very comfortable

Our car drives like a dream. It is very smooth on the road and doesn't sway when you turn sharp corners (like previous cars I have owned). It is very comfortable and has enough room for the whole family. I wont be buying anything else but a BMW from now on.

AL1916
AL1916AU13 posts

Reliable car with quality

What I like about this BMW is build quality and just look elegance. Fuel consumption can be thirsty for the naturally aspirated 2.5 engine. On average it takes about 12 to 14L per 100kms.

you don't want things to go wrong with BMW because it can cost you, especially mechanically when its out of warranty.

Would probably recommend the newer generation for better fuel ecomomy

Sam Lenny
Sam LennyMelbourne5 posts
  3 Series F30

Not comfortable as it seemed from first

Bought this from dealer looked amazing drives pretty smooth power was also good just that after few months of owning it things started get unclear been a daily driver I drive at least 3 hours on the road the car is very hard the seats no longer comfortable always have problem with the back window which they replaced awhile ago and its glass always makes squeeze noise also when traveling between 85-95km/h the side mirror makes unnecessary noise as well dealer had look shake heads dont know what to do the gas paddle starts become jamming some too. Not a good quality one from bmw.

alex
alex5 posts

THIS IS GREAT

Driving experience is great. Noise is ok. since my one is diesel. so it's fair enough.

run flat is good since last time i got a puncture in the tyre.

Dashboard is ok but its easy to get boring. legroom is good for the driver but not good for passenger.

Dennis b
Dennis bVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC47 posts

BMW 323i faultless motoring

2010 323i solid great to drive. I change my oil every 10k and yes you can tell the difference if it's left any longer I tried Mobil 1 0/40 but found the Castrol 5w30 seems better nothing bad to say 8.3lts per 100ks serving is the secret to a great BMW yes i do my own oil changes it's easy cheers and happy motoring

Adam
Adam2 posts
Bruce
Bruce18 posts
  3 Series E93

Motor bike on wheels

Performance excellent. Handling ditto. Run flat tyres noisy and rough. Replaced them with Pirelli P Zeros. Sound system excellent. 21000k in 6 years. No problems. Dealers too dear for servicing. Oil etc $550??!!!

Midas $150. Condition based servicing schedule a good system. Paint outstanding. Soft alloys. Insurance $750/annum. Roof no leaks.

Heather
HeatherMount Waverley10 posts

lemon

driving experience great, handles good, no noises, stops well. nice leather seats, plenty of leg room. reliability none.always breaking down. running costs through the roof. the most unreliable, expensive car i have ever owned.stay away from this series 3 model. you have to take it to a specialist car mechanic,

Brianjames
BrianjamesMelbourne2 posts

330i great sporty drive

The new 330i sedan with the M Sport package is a great drivers car, can be eco for great fuel economy or click sport depending on your mood or the road.Heaps of power with the twin turbo and very good handling

Fabulous for long distance driving, no stress driving, good sound system and quietness

Quiet, luxury with all the safety features of active cruise control and more cameras than a Hollywood movie

Garry.AU8 posts
Curtis
CurtisAdelaide2 posts
  3 Series F30

Great performance, perfect as a family car

BMW series 3 is perfect for my family of four. It is spacious in the inside As well as the boot. The handling is very smooth at turns as well as the performance of the car is really good for the price. Overall it is also fuel efficient so the running cost is not as high as the other similar range.

Raz
RazVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts
  Verified 3 Series F30
Silverback
SilverbackQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD7 posts
  3 Series E90

A dream to drive. Sports and luxury combined

2010 BMW 320i 4 door sedan is an absolute pleasure to drive. Quick, efficient and very responsive I love driving this car. The steering is a little heavier than usual but this gives you great road feel, responsive driving experience. Love the leather interior but above just love the solid feeling and safety of this car. This is especially important when your family is on board. Great value for money secondhand. Quality product.

Marcia-Grace
David
DavidSydney4 posts
  3 Series E36

Love it, fun car

I bought it when the 318 was 9yrs old. It still runs good. I can feel I drive it by my thinking. But after 200000kms, sometime light has little problem, the roof was down. I sold it at 230000kms. miss my bmw 318 so much. Will buy an new one when I afford it

Brad
BradBrisbane
  3 Series F30

GREAT WHILE YOUR BUYING THE CAR, BUT ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE SERVICE AND BACK UP WARRANTY

They are great with the sales process and quick to sell you a car, but seriously absolutely disgusting on their back up warranty and service, especially Motorline BMW Logan, the service manager has the worst attitude and they definitely don't stand by their brand and product which is a real shame and what makes things worse, the attitude of the service manager is 'i don't care that you have had 12 Bmw's if you don't come back and buy a car again i don't care'.

Rhys C
Rhys C
Sparrow
Sparrowsydney5 posts
Ahmet S
Ahmet SNSWSydney Surrounds, NSW35 posts

Great Car

Great car to own pleasure to drive. Parts are easy to obtain I deal with Clickable Auto in Melbourne for my parts. Just the common issues and are easy to fix once you understand the design. Running costs are normal parts and repair are easy to obtain, but always check with guys at ClickableAuto.

July 24th 2017 Update: Great after care

Great customer care , I believe I am the 3 rd owner and I was impressed they found me through the car registration to replace airbags after TANAKA recall. Its great to see they care about a driver who is in one of their cars even after 13 years of purchase.

Jason P
Jason P

Beautiful Car

I recently purchase a 320i F30 Msport.

Amazing to drive. The gear change is so smooth.

The exterior is sleek and eye catching.

The interior gives you a sophisticated feel.

Running costs are a bit higher due to the type of vehicle however if you're worried about this then you probably shouldn't own a BMW.

natural
naturalAU50 posts
nregu57
nregu57VICNortheast, VIC12 posts
  3 Series E46

Don't want to let this car go

Bought this car brand new; drives beautifully; great road holding and handling. About to update to a newer model, but hesitant at letting this one go (I'm very attached to it). Never had a breakdown or needed major repairs, so repair and running costs have been minimal. Found a local BMW specialist mechanic who keeps my car in tip-top condition (anything that he doesn't know about BMW's isn't worth knowing) and charges a fraction of what the local dealership does to service the car.

por012
por012AU47 posts

Bmw Navigation - Expensive Annual Cash Drain Or Not Up To Date

Yes I have navigation in my BMW 3 series. It does not update unless you visit a BMW dealer and pay them $500. Fortunately the Navigation panel is the exact size of the iPhone and that can be held with a rubber band around the screen. Updated by Apple constantly for free and is much more user friendly than the clunky BMW one and saves $500 a year.

Show details ·  1

phil67b
phil67bParis2 posts

Excellent car but expensive

I have this car since 2 years. Excellent car, nice interior.

Driving with this car is very pleasant. Nice options are included. Example : automatic car boot opening when passing the foot under the car.

But the price is very expensive !

I have news & internet in the car but you can only see a few titles when running. It's better for security but it's complicate to use it.

Kel M.
Kel M.Melbourne11 posts

Love my amazing 320d

For long time, when talking about a diesel car, I would think of van or truck. But when I test drove my 320d, it's just amazing, smooth, really give you some more kick compare to normal 320i, and fuel economy is much better. The sports line I got which add some more stylish trimming and better leather. Front and back leg room is enough for 4~5 ~180cm guys to sit reasonably comfortable, but don't expect as generous as 5 series. The down side would be the stop-start on the 320d give quite noticeable noise and kick when restarting, another one is the suspension is pretty firm given that it's a sport line, not comfortable enough if doing a long drive.

hhorvat
hhorvatperth

Robert M
Robert M2 posts

Unsafe vehicles

Bought new 2010 320i Executive. Had bad car accident, not 1 airbag deployed after 2 collisions: bounced off a car and then a pole.

Can I sue BMW?

Kimir
Kimir2 posts

2010 BMW 320i Rubbish

Purchased brand new, has been to the dealership on no less than 10 occasions. Added recent invoices up and it has had 14k worth of repairs luckily under warranty. Problem items, 6 months into ownership:

- mechatronics gearbox replacement 11k to fix (6000 km's)

- cylinder head cover replacement and vacuum pump replaced twice (36000 km's and 66000 km's)

- faulty ignition key

Every service was done by a BMW dealership in accordance with the service intervals specified. Car looks great as it is fully optioned. Never done a review before but would like to let people know my experience. It is getting traded asap. The last fault vacuum pump and head cover replacement was covered under Allianz Extended Warranty. No problems with the claim.

Andrew t
Andrew t2 posts

BMW 2005 320i E90

These cars are and absolute pleasure to drive, magnificent but don't purchase one, they are a nightmare mechanically. Just ask any mechanic: water pump, radiator, cat converter, sensors, the list goes on...

Their appearance is second to none but beauty with these machines is only skin deep: I loved looking at my BMW but I was afraid to drive it anywhere.

Bernard_772000
Bernard_772000

BMW 3 Series E90

I bought my wife a brand new 3 series Executive, paid $65k in 2005, within 10 months the auto blew up, great under warranty, what a Nightmare of a car. Every time we took this car to BMW the minimum cost was $1000. We still have the car, the engine light comes on often, we have replaced that many Valvetronic motors, we continue to get different lights all the time. 2 weeks ago I was offered $4000 as a trade in on a Merc, the dealer apologised to me for the insult, but as he said, the 3 series was the worst car BMW have ever sold. I would agree with him 100%.

NEVER buy a BMW, this piece of ......... cost us a fortune! Not Happy :(