BMW 3 Series

BMW 3 Series (page 3 of 4)

Sedan, Touring, Coupe, etc...
See the Best Cars in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for BMW? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking

Badge323i
Ahmet S
Ahmet SSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great Car

Great car to own pleasure to drive. Parts are easy to obtain I deal with Clickable Auto in Melbourne for my parts. Just the common issues and are easy to fix once you understand the design. Running costs are normal parts and repair are easy to obtain, but always check with guys at ClickableAuto.

July 24th 2017 Update: Great after care

Great customer care , I believe I am the 3 rd owner and I was impressed they found me through the car registration to replace airbags after TANAKA recall. Its great to see they care about a driver who is in one of their cars even after 13 years of purchase.

Badge320Ci
LineM Sport
TransmissionManual

Beautiful Car

I recently purchase a 320i F30 Msport.
Amazing to drive. The gear change is so smooth.
The exterior is sleek and eye catching.
The interior gives you a sophisticated feel.
Running costs are a bit higher due to the type of vehicle however if you're worried about this then you probably shouldn't own a BMW.

LineM Sport
naturalAU

Probably the best car I've ever owned

Badge330Ci

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
nregu57
nregu57Northeast, VIC

Don't want to let this car go

Bought this car brand new; drives beautifully; great road holding and handling. About to update to a newer model, but hesitant at letting this one go (I'm very attached to it). Never had a breakdown or needed major repairs, so repair and running costs have been minimal. Found a local BMW specialist mechanic who keeps my car in tip-top condition (anything that he doesn't know about BMW's isn't worth knowing) and charges a fraction of what the local dealership does to service the car.

Badge318is
LineSport
por012AU

Bmw Navigation - Expensive Annual Cash Drain Or Not Up To Date

Yes I have navigation in my BMW 3 series. It does not update unless you visit a BMW dealer and pay them $500. Fortunately the Navigation panel is the exact size of the iPhone and that can be held with a rubber band around the screen. Updated by Apple constantly for free and is much more user friendly than the clunky BMW one and saves $500 a year.

Badge328i
phil67b
phil67bParis

Excellent car but expensive

I have this car since 2 years. Excellent car, nice interior.
Driving with this car is very pleasant. Nice options are included. Example : automatic car boot opening when passing the foot under the car.

But the price is very expensive !
I have news & internet in the car but you can only see a few titles when running. It's better for security but it's complicate to use it.

Badge318d
Kel M.
Kel M.Melbourne

Love my amazing 320d

For long time, when talking about a diesel car, I would think of van or truck. But when I test drove my 320d, it's just amazing, smooth, really give you some more kick compare to normal 320i, and fuel economy is much better. The sports line I got which add some more stylish trimming and better leather. Front and back leg room is enough for 4~5 ~180cm guys to sit reasonably comfortable, but don't expect as generous as 5 series. The down side would be the stop-start on the 320d give quite noticeable noise and kick when restarting, another one is the suspension is pretty firm given that it's a sport line, not comfortable enough if doing a long drive.

LineSport

hhorvat
hhorvatperth

DON'T BUY .... ABSOLUTE LEMONS

DrBob737AU

Bring on the Road Pantzer

The BMW 320d E90 2008 model signifies sedan 2 litre diesel auto and this is a brilliant car. Solidly built, excellent road handling and brilliant at 5.6ltr/100km fuel economy. Just be careful with whomever you choose to service the car. Forget buying BMW parts from BMW in Australia they are the same as Citroen and Volvo. Whatever the price is in USA or UK triple it for Australia so just buy through eBay. Servicing in minimal once a year. This car is rock solid on the road with my heaps of torque at and above 1500 rpm. Forget the run flat tyres at $350 plus a pop get solid radials and look forward to smooth comfortable quiet driving experience.

Unsafe vehicles

Bought new 2010 320i Executive. Had bad car accident, not 1 airbag deployed after 2 collisions: bounced off a car and then a pole.
Can I sue BMW?

Kimir
Kimir

2010 BMW 320i Rubbish

Purchased brand new, has been to the dealership on no less than 10 occasions. Added recent invoices up and it has had 14k worth of repairs luckily under warranty. Problem items, 6 months into ownership:
- mechatronics gearbox replacement 11k to fix (6000 km's)
- cylinder head cover replacement and vacuum pump replaced twice (36000 km's and 66000 km's)
- faulty ignition key
Every service was done by a BMW dealership in accordance with the service intervals specified. Car looks great as it is fully optioned. Never done a review before but would like to let people know my experience. It is getting traded asap. The last fault vacuum pump and head cover replacement was covered under Allianz Extended Warranty. No problems with the claim.

BMW 2005 320i E90

These cars are and absolute pleasure to drive, magnificent but don't purchase one, they are a nightmare mechanically. Just ask any mechanic: water pump, radiator, cat converter, sensors, the list goes on...
Their appearance is second to none but beauty with these machines is only skin deep: I loved looking at my BMW but I was afraid to drive it anywhere.

BodySedan

You gotta do your homework

BodyWagon

BMW 3 Series E90

I bought my wife a brand new 3 series Executive, paid $65k in 2005, within 10 months the auto blew up, great under warranty, what a Nightmare of a car. Every time we took this car to BMW the minimum cost was $1000. We still have the car, the engine light comes on often, we have replaced that many Valvetronic motors, we continue to get different lights all the time. 2 weeks ago I was offered $4000 as a trade in on a Merc, the dealer apologised to me for the insult, but as he said, the 3 series was the worst car BMW have ever sold. I would agree with him 100%.
NEVER buy a BMW, this piece of ......... cost us a fortune! Not Happy :(

StickShiftNZAuckland, NZ

Of all the used cars I've owned, the one I like the most

TransmissionManual
Badge316ti
BodyCompact
Richie
RichieETTALONG BEACH

316i

Just picked up a 2013 316i very nice ex demo, I had a 320i which was traded in. The new car is a step up from my old car. Very good ride: comfort, good steering, very supportive seats, a well laid out dash and easy to read. Plenty of bells and whistles make this a good buy. Having looked at the competition I must admit I do like BMW.
Solid car great to drive
nothing yet

Never
Never
John
Johnmelbourne

Best car I had ever owned

My mother bought this car brand new, a 1993 model, I purchased it from her when I turned 18 and it proved completely reliable for 21 years. All parts and repairs are completely affordable and realistic if you can do things yourself, but we never had a single problem at 320,000 ks, no engine issues, no transmission issues.
With cars like this, they must be maintained well, an oil change is the most important thing you can do for a car, and if you buy second hand, try buying from a reputable owner. These cars were designed great, care for it and it will care for you.

A little underpowered

Badge318i
AndyM156
AndyM156Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Never buy out of warranty

I purchased a 2006 320i with 100,000km and full service history. In 14 months ownership I had multiple problems and estimate I would have spent $8,000 on services and maintenance issues including multiple oil leaks. I understand and accept that a second hand car will have faults but I have driven cars with over twice that mileage before that were a lot more reliable - I think it says a lot about BMWs build quality - the BMW specialist mechanics I took it to said this model was notorious for oil leaks. The driving experience was nothing special either. Much happier now I have got rid of it and purchased a Lexus.

Unreliable

Cleanskin
Cleanskin
robinit
robinitdee why

The love of my life sent me broke!

Badge325Ci
CraigB
CraigBMelbourne

320i 2007 - don't bother

I've had a 320i Executive sedan with innovations pack since new and have had nothing but trouble. Had to replace the thermo fan at 26,000km's and now the auto transmission has failed at 57,000km's and $10k to replace! BMW Australia want nothing to do with it - clearly a known fault with the car. A luxury sedan having this many major failures = no more BMW's for me!

Too many faults and expenses just out of warranty

sunvi.ahsan
sunvi.ahsan

I had exact same issue - failing at 110k. very expensive replacement. about 12k.

Oldnotdead
OldnotdeadBuderim

The perfect upmarket executive vehicle

I don't about you but when I buy a new car, I want it to work in every way but also to have style and to make me feel good and everyone I get in it, and the 320d does that for me. Plenty of power with frugality thrown in, size is ideal for 2-4 people and the fact that nothing goes wrong is a real bonus for me.
Not hassles, frugal on fuel, stylish.
Initial costs maybe?