BMW 3 Series

BMW 3 Series (page 2 of 3)

Sedan, Touring, Coupe, etc...
See the Best Cars in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for BMW? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Comfort
  • Features

rohit10
rohit10Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Shocking quality and BMW not willing to cover faults under manufacturer warranty. Really bad custome

LineHigh-Line Sport
Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Ange
Ange

Lemon

I have wanted to drive a BMW my whole life and after just over a year of driving a 335i sedan on a novated lease I must say I am so disappointed and expected better for BMW. This car is a straight up lemon. 2 major problems which arose in the first year of using the car, first one a crack and subsequent leak in the coolant system. Second one a few months later the car just wouldn't start apparently due to "software problems" affecting the starter motor. We have had to pay around $4000 to date out of our pockets as the novated lease budget wasn't sufficient to cover the rip off prices that BMW service charge. Next car will not be a BMW thats for sure. Crap quality.

Badge335i
Alyssa
AlyssaBrisbane

Perfect car and very comfortable

Our car drives like a dream. It is very smooth on the road and doesn't sway when you turn sharp corners (like previous cars I have owned). It is very comfortable and has enough room for the whole family. I wont be buying anything else but a BMW from now on.

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Dennis b
Dennis bGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

BMW 323i faultless motoring

2010 323i solid great to drive. I change my oil every 10k and yes you can tell the difference if it's left any longer I tried Mobil 1 0/40 but found the Castrol 5w30 seems better nothing bad to say 8.3lts per 100ks serving is the secret to a great BMW yes i do my own oil changes it's easy cheers and happy motoring

Badge323i

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Bruce
Bruce

Motor bike on wheels

Performance excellent. Handling ditto. Run flat tyres noisy and rough. Replaced them with Pirelli P Zeros. Sound system excellent. 21000k in 6 years. No problems. Dealers too dear for servicing. Oil etc $550??!!!
Midas $150. Condition based servicing schedule a good system. Paint outstanding. Soft alloys. Insurance $750/annum. Roof no leaks.

BodyConvertible
Badge335i
Date PurchasedJune 2011
Heather
HeatherMount Waverley

lemon

driving experience great, handles good, no noises, stops well. nice leather seats, plenty of leg room. reliability none.always breaking down. running costs through the roof. the most unreliable, expensive car i have ever owned.stay away from this series 3 model. you have to take it to a specialist car mechanic,

Date PurchasedJuly 2014

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Brianjames
BrianjamesMelbourne

330i great sporty drive

The new 330i sedan with the M Sport package is a great drivers car, can be eco for great fuel economy or click sport depending on your mood or the road.Heaps of power with the twin turbo and very good handling
Fabulous for long distance driving, no stress driving, good sound system and quietness
Quiet, luxury with all the safety features of active cruise control and more cameras than a Hollywood movie

Garry.AU

Dissapointment.

LineLifestyle
Date PurchasedMar 2016

Update.
I have now been driving my Brand New (well it was last Year) Mercedes that I Bought after Dumping the Crappy BMW and have not had any Problems. Just Love the Merc.
Hope my Report on the BMW Helped at least One person.

Silverback
SilverbackSouth East Queensland, QLD

A dream to drive. Sports and luxury combined.

2010 BMW 320i 4 door sedan is an absolute pleasure to drive. Quick, efficient and very responsive I love driving this car. The steering is a little heavier than usual but this gives you great road feel, responsive driving experience. Love the leather interior but above just love the solid feeling and safety of this car. This is especially important when your family is on board. Great value for money secondhand. Quality product.

Date PurchasedSept 2015

Badge328i
Date PurchasedFeb 2013
Brad
BradBrisbane

GREAT WHILE YOUR BUYING THE CAR, BUT ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE SERVICE AND BACK UP WARRANTY

They are great with the sales process and quick to sell you a car, but seriously absolutely disgusting on their back up warranty and service, especially Motorline BMW Logan, the service manager has the worst attitude and they definitely don't stand by their brand and product which is a real shame and what makes things worse, the attitude of the service manager is 'i don't care that you have had 12 Bmw's if you don't come back and buy a car again i don't care'.

Date PurchasedJune 2013

Badge323i
Ahmet S
Ahmet SSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great Car

Great car to own pleasure to drive. Parts are easy to obtain I deal with Clickable Auto in Melbourne for my parts. Just the common issues and are easy to fix once you understand the design. Running costs are normal parts and repair are easy to obtain, but always check with guys at ClickableAuto.

July 24th 2017 Update: Great after care

Great customer care , I believe I am the 3 rd owner and I was impressed they found me through the car registration to replace airbags after TANAKA recall. Its great to see they care about a driver who is in one of their cars even after 13 years of purchase.

BodyCoupe
Badge320Ci
TransmissionManual

Beautiful Car

I recently purchase a 320i F30 Msport.
Amazing to drive. The gear change is so smooth.
The exterior is sleek and eye catching.
The interior gives you a sophisticated feel.
Running costs are a bit higher due to the type of vehicle however if you're worried about this then you probably shouldn't own a BMW.

naturalAU

Probably the best car I've ever owned

BodyCoupe
Badge330Ci
nregu57
nregu57Northeast, VIC

Don't want to let this car go

Bought this car brand new; drives beautifully; great road holding and handling. About to update to a newer model, but hesitant at letting this one go (I'm very attached to it). Never had a breakdown or needed major repairs, so repair and running costs have been minimal. Found a local BMW specialist mechanic who keeps my car in tip-top condition (anything that he doesn't know about BMW's isn't worth knowing) and charges a fraction of what the local dealership does to service the car.

Badge318is
Kel M.
Kel M.Melbourne

Love my amazing 320d

For long time, when talking about a diesel car, I would think of van or truck. But when I test drove my 320d, it's just amazing, smooth, really give you some more kick compare to normal 320i, and fuel economy is much better. The sports line I got which add some more stylish trimming and better leather. Front and back leg room is enough for 4~5 ~180cm guys to sit reasonably comfortable, but don't expect as generous as 5 series. The down side would be the stop-start on the 320d give quite noticeable noise and kick when restarting, another one is the suspension is pretty firm given that it's a sport line, not comfortable enough if doing a long drive.

hhorvat
hhorvatperth

DON'T BUY .... ABSOLUTE LEMONS

LineLuxury

Unsafe vehicles

Bought new 2010 320i Executive. Had bad car accident, not 1 airbag deployed after 2 collisions: bounced off a car and then a pole.
Can I sue BMW?

Kimir
Kimir

2010 BMW 320i Rubbish

Purchased brand new, has been to the dealership on no less than 10 occasions. Added recent invoices up and it has had 14k worth of repairs luckily under warranty. Problem items, 6 months into ownership:
- mechatronics gearbox replacement 11k to fix (6000 km's)
- cylinder head cover replacement and vacuum pump replaced twice (36000 km's and 66000 km's)
- faulty ignition key
Every service was done by a BMW dealership in accordance with the service intervals specified. Car looks great as it is fully optioned. Never done a review before but would like to let people know my experience. It is getting traded asap. The last fault vacuum pump and head cover replacement was covered under Allianz Extended Warranty. No problems with the claim.

BMW 3 Series E90

I bought my wife a brand new 3 series Executive, paid $65k in 2005, within 10 months the auto blew up, great under warranty, what a Nightmare of a car. Every time we took this car to BMW the minimum cost was $1000. We still have the car, the engine light comes on often, we have replaced that many Valvetronic motors, we continue to get different lights all the time. 2 weeks ago I was offered $4000 as a trade in on a Merc, the dealer apologised to me for the insult, but as he said, the 3 series was the worst car BMW have ever sold. I would agree with him 100%.
NEVER buy a BMW, this piece of ......... cost us a fortune! Not Happy :(