BMW 3 Series

Sedan, Touring, Coupe, etc...
See the Best Cars in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for BMW? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Sam Lenny
Sam LennyMelbourne

Not comfortable as it seemed from first

Bought this from dealer looked amazing drives pretty smooth power was also good just that after few months of owning it things started get unclear been a daily driver I drive at least 3 hours on the road the car is very hard the seats no longer comfortable always have problem with the back window which they replaced awhile ago and its glass always makes squeeze noise also when traveling between 85-95km/h the side mirror makes unnecessary noise as well dealer had look shake heads dont know what to do the gas paddle starts become jamming some too. Not a good quality one from bmw.

Badge320d
LineHigh-Line Luxury
TransmissionAutomatic
Date PurchasedMay 2015

BMW 2005 320i E90

These cars are and absolute pleasure to drive, magnificent but don't purchase one, they are a nightmare mechanically. Just ask any mechanic: water pump, radiator, cat converter, sensors, the list goes on...
Their appearance is second to none but beauty with these machines is only skin deep: I loved looking at my BMW but I was afraid to drive it anywhere.

Badge320i
CraigB
CraigBMelbourne

320i 2007 - don't bother

I've had a 320i Executive sedan with innovations pack since new and have had nothing but trouble. Had to replace the thermo fan at 26,000km's and now the auto transmission has failed at 57,000km's and $10k to replace! BMW Australia want nothing to do with it - clearly a known fault with the car. A luxury sedan having this many major failures = no more BMW's for me!

Too many faults and expenses just out of warranty

TransmissionAutomatic
Badge320i
LineExecutive
sunvi.ahsan
sunvi.ahsan

I had exact same issue - failing at 110k. very expensive replacement. about 12k.

Cars

Badge325i
moussa_t
moussa_tAU

Bad

Bought a 1993 model 318i BMW earlier this year (2010). It seemed ok when I test-drove it. But I regret buying it after having to fix a few parts on in (from normal wear and tear). Parts cost 4 or 5 times (or more) than other cars types. All the electric gadgets are starting to fail and the airconditioner doesn't work any more. In its hey-day it would have been a nice car to drive for sure. But I think these are a bit too old now. Also if you're after fuel economy and a car that's economical to run in general... avoid buying this car.
Sturdy car. Handles well on turns/unsteady conditions. Electric options. Sunroof.
Parts are way too expensive. More likely to have maintenance problems with these older models. Too sluggish. Bad fuel economy.

Badge318i
fastred
fastred

93 model has older engine which is not as good as the updated engine in 95 model.

Bill Bangle

Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
GTO
GTOSydney, NSW

Expected a lot more from a prestige car

Edmunds S.
Edmunds S.asked
3 Series E90 (2005-2012)

Hello! Hope someone can help me
Why my idrive screen starts to function properly as it should work after i drive 15 minutes or so?? Example-i start the car and screen is on but when i press something its reacting after some time but later starts to work properly

Kris
Krisasked
Coupe

Hi guys.I m thinking to get a 330d E92.What are your thoughts about this vehicle?Thanks

Sean W
Sean W

I would choose any Petrol model any day over the desiel.
Nicer to drive in more than one way.
Less issues with filters too,

Janet K.
Janet K.asked
3 Series

Hi. I have bmw 320i series3 touring with 144000km. It's engine oil level drops after some millage,no evidence of leakage.I am using engine oil 5W-30 and serviced on time. When I add oil shows OK but after 500km to 800km show low level.What could be the problem?

Compare all 24 BMW 3 Series
CategoryCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and Sedans
Starting Price $73,953$73,953$77,105$77,105
TransmissionAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeRear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)
Fuel TypeDieselDieselPetrolPetrol
Wheels18" Alloy18" Alloy19" Alloy19" Alloy
ANCAP Safety Rating5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars
Fuel Consumption4.8 L/100km4.8 L/100km6.1 L/100km6.1 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 40 L40 L59 L59 L
Engine4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L
Max Power140kW @ 4000rpm140kW @ 4000rpm190kW @ 5000rpm190kW @ 5000rpm
Max Torque400Nm @ 1750-2500rpm400Nm @ 1750-2500rpm400Nm @ 1550-4400rpm400Nm @ 1550-4400rpm
Country of ManufactureGermanyGermanyGermanyGermany
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateMar 2019Mar 2019Mar 2019Mar 2019