BMW 650 GS Dakar

BMW 650 GS Dakar

See the Best Enduro Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Halsey

Halseyperth

BRILLIANT BIKE

Date PurchasedJun 2010

Best Al lRounder ever.

I have a Harley Davidson Electra Glide, a yamaha 250 open enduro, just brought a 650gs dakar, rode from TweedHeads to Nevertire and back, dodged roos through the Outback, pushed hard from Waughope to Walcha, 45,35,25ks corners, the handling was faultless, power for every condition, perfect gear ratios, braking ability only to be dreampt about. I'm 71 years young, had over 100 bikes in 54 years of riding, I'm selling the Harley, the open enduro, a ONE BIKE MAN from now on, Yep the INCREDIBLE BMW650GS DAKAR, for Me for EVER, THANK YOU BMW.. LENNY KLEEM. . TWEED HEADS. ..

Garry

Best value for money bike I have ever owned

OK

Tonyasked

Hi, I have just purchased a 2007 650 DAKAR - 42,000K's in showroom condition never seen a dirt track........yet !!
Grear bike and extreemy pleased with my, sight unseen, purchase.
One small problem is the break light as it ON at all times........any suggestions would be most appreciated?
Cheers Tony ( tony@cott.biz )

Garry

Hello I would be thinking it is a faulty switch on front brake or rear , disconect one or the other switches where they are pluged in and see if it goes out cheers Garry

Tony

Thanks Garry, You are correct it was the small micro switch activated by the front break leaver, a litte adjusting + a little CRC and I'm in business.
Thanks for you assistance, Cheers, Tony

Tony.

Sounds like your problem has been fixed. I think I recall something similar maybe not with the Dakar but another earlier bike.

I was going to suggest something similar, maybe a bad connection , dirt, grim.....

I sold mine(2000 model) about 6 years ago after 12 years/100k(.....some niggly early problems(with early models), replaced radiator, impeller pump, clutch cable but after that nothing major. Still going great when I sold it.

Roger

Get an answer from our members and BMW representatives