BMW Roadside Assistance

1.9

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction

Absolutely terrible service!

Call number get diverted to mail boxes taking very long to be able to talk to anyone. Staff cant take decisions and put you on hold for long time. My car is repaired by BMW dealer and I am without a car for two weeks. BMW refuse to extend the car lease and I am without a car for weeks. I had RACQ full cover, but decided to go with BMW thinking they would do a better job. Absolute disgrace.

Absolutely terrible!

Roadside assistance came out & replaced my battery, which caused a malfunction in another area of the car. “Technician” didn’t know what could have caused this (even though he’s supposed to know how cars work?) Took it to my mechanic & now I’m left with an additional $1,100 bill.

TaraGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Could not get any worse

Roadside Assistance Providers

Find out how BMW Roadside Assistance compares to other Roadside Assistance Providers

Daniel
DanielSouth West, WA

Absolute nonsense.....

An absolute night mare. My car was not booked for a tire change for 24 hours although I was promised, then upon calling, it was done. However, my car was abondoned at the tire shop. I was offered a 200$ voucher. Now one after the other, they are making excuses. I will never recommend this nonsense. RAC is better and reliable.
Amir

Tild
TildSydney, NSW

Don't go with these people

My car needed towing back to BMW in Canterbury NSW which is not far from my place. I'm still waiting 24 hours later . Always a different excuse .......I'm on the phone this morning and they still can't work it out. Really bad company . I'm happy to pay for the NRMA membership now and never use them again

Chana
ChanaHunter Region, NSW

Disgusting rip off by Paul Webber

Shut up. You miss sell me a policy. Then you have Paul Webber tell me prior to selling my bmw that I can transfer the membership yo mercedes ( which I can't) then refuse to do anything about it. Illegal double detailing charlatans. Don't say yoir focussed on mental health when you treat people like this.

Partho
ParthoSydney, NSW

Disgraceful BMW road assist

BMW road assist is awfully disgraceful and the Govt should jump in to close such services that not just rip off customers for money, but keep them stranded in unsafe locations.
My wife was waiting for help for a flat battery for 5 hrs from 7 pm to 11.30 pm. Fake reasons given each time that the personal is stuck in rains when there were no rains anywhere across Sydney. Warning sign for customers who are being lured into this when they buy their cars.
Absolutely disgusting indeed !!!

As bas as it gets

Rita D
Rita DSydney, NSW

BMW Run flat tyres don't run flat

BMW cars have run flat tyres that don't actually run flat. On our way home in regional NSW, my tyre had a puncture and I followed the rules on run flats only to have it explode 45 mins out of Mudgee. BMW roadside assist did not understand the description of my location and whilst knowing I was near Mudgee, an hour later I receive a call from their appointed technician who was actually Brisbane based. I then called back and another hour later, still no help, care or resolution. I was left stranded for 3.5 hours with two children. Thank goodness my insurer was able to assist. BMW may deliver in metropolitan locations but if you do regional travel or travel with children like I do, I don't recommend them at all.

Gordon Bouris
Gordon BourisGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Saved me

I had an accident yesterday where I required the assistance of bmw road side assistance and they really come through with the goods. Quick response and got me out of trouble.

Kavitha
Kavitha

Horrible Experience.....Don't ever go with these guys!!!

Most horrible experience, had a breakdown today in Parramatta CBD and it took them 5hrs to Tow my car. Initially they said there ETA was 1hr and obviously no one turned up and when I call them they said they don't have an ETA and unable to find a Tow Truck. And after 3 hrs same answer and when i said that i had been waiting in the middle of the road managing the traffic and phone battery was going low and how much longer it would take the reply was "we do not know" and the only suggestion they could give was "wait there until we are still trying to find the tow truck". I lodged an officially complaint and I am sure its not getting anywhere....Please don't sign up with these guys!!!

RobE
RobEGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Extremely poor service!

petro
petroNorthern Region, NSW

An essential product for any modern BMW owner

Bruce
Bruce

Excellent service

Called at 11.30am. Out of town on farm. Call center courteous and easy to understand. Professional and repeated the procedure to me twice to establish the outstanding issue. A flat rear left tyre on a 335i not driven very often. Technician arrived on farm at 12.20pm. Matter discussed cordially. Resolved as a slow leak. Put 50psi in it. Done deal. Taken to Bob Jane. Large screw in the tyre. Bridgestone Potenza. Fixed up. No hassle. Screw courtesy of Park Valet at BAC carpark. Very good service from the technician from Allianz AGA.

Worst customer service ever

Worst customer service ever! Never reply my emails, was promised that my claim will be resolved in 3 weeks, it’s been 4 weeks now, no resolution, called them, always been told that they will escalate it, however nothing has been done.

Roadside Assistance RequestedYes

See all BMW Roadside Assistance reviews

RobertBasked

Hi, we have just taken ownership of a 2017 X3 20D BMW, its only done 28,000 k’s in great condition with BMW service history, & it has run flat tyres, & no jack, the Roadside Assistance & Accident package runs out late March, after reading all the comments, naturally questions if it worth renewing, or should we just add it onto our existing RACV roadside assistance ? any comments re RACV & BMW assistance experience , comments would be most welcome & appreciated regards Robert

Hi Robert,
I've been with BMW Road Side assistance since I got my car on 2017. I purchased it brand new so it came with complimentary two years of RA. I have a X1 and it has run flat tyres as well. I experienced few flat tyres since then which was very easy to handle as I have an insurance for flat tyres and just drove to a BMW service department with no drama. However, a couple of them happened during weekend or long weekend and I was unsure if it will run flat for a few days (which it did, you might only need to top the pressure up) so I contacted BMW road side assistance and I received absolutely 0 support. They said they don't provide a spare tyre and cannot replace it so they will tow the car to their parking area (which I didn't know where it was!), will keep it there until the service centre is open! As far as I am aware of, in the same situation RACV comes with a spare tyre and changes it for you! So needless to say I didn't renew it. And my last experience with BWM RA was even worse as you read it in my review. I lodged a complaint but it didn't go anywhere. So I don't recommend it.

RobertB

Hi Tara, a big thank you for your feedback & reply, l have also been investigating a space saver spare tyre, jack & brace kit, from USA or UK, cost about $800 delivered to Aust, asked if they had a local agent, then also will also ask BMW clubs for there input / suggestions. I will certainly take your suggestion & advice and add the car to our RACV membership, it seems the best choice, thank you again for taking the time to reply to my query, regards Robert.

Hi Robert,
I highly recommend BMW car insurance to cover flat tyres, it is an Alianze insurance and I cannot recommend it enough. When I got my car, they had a different insurance for flat tyres which was $1000 for 3 years of cover (3 flat tyres per year and one serious damage per year) with no excess no hidden charges no nothing. just drive in, they replace the tyre and done (at any tyre centre too). That was the only insurance that I actually have got to use it since I got the car. I think now it has combined with their car insurance policy which covers two tyres per year. Considering the high price of each tyre I think it's totally worth it. Ask your BMW centre to get a quote for you. They have better deals with the insurance so they can get you a much better price.

Daniel
Danielasked

Amir

Bev
Bevasked

How far do BMW Roadside Assist tow your car free of charge?For example,if we were at Lightning Ridge,NSW,the nearest BMW Service centre is probably Newcastle. Would they tow the car that far for free?

Charlie
Charlie

They tow your vehicle to the nearest authorised BMW dealer. This is included in your BMW roadside assist for free.

Nick R
Nick R

But they refuse to tow it home.

See all BMW Roadside Assistance questions