BMW Roadside Assistance

BMW Roadside Assistance (page 2 of 2)

1.9

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction

Compare to NRMA

Friday 17th 10am. MacDonalds LanecoveRd. Baby5months;boy6years;grandmother70;and grandfather. Told the car needed to be tolled before seeing it. I rang back after one hour and they said the mechanic will be another 4,4,4!!! Hours because he was busy in Brighton Le sands. So we called the NRMA ( the best) .because we have 18 policies with them. We will not be renewing your policy(1) next time. Had my battery changed yesterday in 1 hour and they called me to let me know they were on their way. Does BMW only have ONE mechanic in all of Sydney ??

Sal Field

Sal FieldHunter Region, NSW

Absolutely hopeless. Prestige car with no assistance.

Roadside Assistance RequestedYes

Terrible experience, their technician has no ideas with BMW at all!

My car is a BMW X5 3.0 diesel 2015 model. I and the technician spent 2 hours try to lift up the bonnet, could not open it. After that I spoke to the dealer the battery is located in back boot! The technician has no knowledge with BMW!

Roadside Assistance Providers

Find out how BMW Roadside Assistance compares to other Roadside Assistance Providers

Worse service I’ve ever experienced in my life

Total incompetence from start to finish,spent all but five hours sat on the roadside then had to organise a tow truck myself.Nobody had any idea what was to be done.1st technician who came asked ME what to do and said he had no idea on what to do,then told me a tow truck was coming ??????tow truck never came and when I rang some 3 hours later was told I needed a technician?????? So incompetent you couldn’t make it up.
All they were interested in was getting your money.The ultimate driving machine ?????? seriously save your money I’ll never go near a bmw EVER again

Julie Kay

Julie KayMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Extremely disappointed in lack of service and totally untrained person (youth) sent to assist

My new 120i showed the message it needed oil. As it was Easter and BMW Adelaide were closed.
All I wished to know what oil to buy to top up and Luke who was sent out by Roadside Assistance had no idea, rang his 'boss' who could not disclose the grade of oil (one may imagine he didn't know either).
I'm a lady I my seventies, on my own, and expected simple assistance from what one would expect to be the best, being BMW associated .

Don't call us - call RACV or the council

Disappointed and amazed that you didn't recognise a car key - falling into a grate on a major road - as being part of your assistance package. RACV and Vic Roafs were more helpful and offered to assist. The car was immobilised because the key was in a 3 ft. drain. VicRoads offered to send someone to assist and suggested ways and means of retrieving it. Both of your service staff who I called cited technical blocks.
I've owned 4 BMWs in 15 years and used roadside assistance once before. I'm thinking g twice about the next brand of car.

ERIC36

ERIC36Sydney, NSW

BMW Australia, BMW roadside assistance

X5 2 years old 30K failed to start during school pickup. It took 2 days for a tow and the service took 2 days to figure out... they don't care.

See all BMW Roadside Assistance reviews

RobertBasked

Hi, we have just taken ownership of a 2017 X3 20D BMW, its only done 28,000 k’s in great condition with BMW service history, & it has run flat tyres, & no jack, the Roadside Assistance & Accident package runs out late March, after reading all the comments, naturally questions if it worth renewing, or should we just add it onto our existing RACV roadside assistance ? any comments re RACV & BMW assistance experience , comments would be most welcome & appreciated regards Robert

Hi Robert,
I've been with BMW Road Side assistance since I got my car on 2017. I purchased it brand new so it came with complimentary two years of RA. I have a X1 and it has run flat tyres as well. I experienced few flat tyres since then which was very easy to handle as I have an insurance for flat tyres and just drove to a BMW service department with no drama. However, a couple of them happened during weekend or long weekend and I was unsure if it will run flat for a few days (which it did, you might only need to top the pressure up) so I contacted BMW road side assistance and I received absolutely 0 support. They said they don't provide a spare tyre and cannot replace it so they will tow the car to their parking area (which I didn't know where it was!), will keep it there until the service centre is open! As far as I am aware of, in the same situation RACV comes with a spare tyre and changes it for you! So needless to say I didn't renew it. And my last experience with BWM RA was even worse as you read it in my review. I lodged a complaint but it didn't go anywhere. So I don't recommend it.

RobertB

Hi Tara, a big thank you for your feedback & reply, l have also been investigating a space saver spare tyre, jack & brace kit, from USA or UK, cost about $800 delivered to Aust, asked if they had a local agent, then also will also ask BMW clubs for there input / suggestions. I will certainly take your suggestion & advice and add the car to our RACV membership, it seems the best choice, thank you again for taking the time to reply to my query, regards Robert.

Hi Robert,
I highly recommend BMW car insurance to cover flat tyres, it is an Alianze insurance and I cannot recommend it enough. When I got my car, they had a different insurance for flat tyres which was $1000 for 3 years of cover (3 flat tyres per year and one serious damage per year) with no excess no hidden charges no nothing. just drive in, they replace the tyre and done (at any tyre centre too). That was the only insurance that I actually have got to use it since I got the car. I think now it has combined with their car insurance policy which covers two tyres per year. Considering the high price of each tyre I think it's totally worth it. Ask your BMW centre to get a quote for you. They have better deals with the insurance so they can get you a much better price.

Daniel

Danielasked

An absolute night mare. My car was not booked for a tire change for 24 hours although I was promised, then upon calling, it was done. However, my car was abondoned at the tire shop. I was offered a 200$ voucher. Now one after the other, they are making excuses. I will never recommend this nonsense. RAC is better and reliable.
Amir

Bev

Bevasked

How far do BMW Roadside Assist tow your car free of charge?For example,if we were at Lightning Ridge,NSW,the nearest BMW Service centre is probably Newcastle. Would they tow the car that far for free?

Charlie
Charlie

They tow your vehicle to the nearest authorised BMW dealer. This is included in your BMW roadside assist for free.

Nick R
Nick R

But they refuse to tow it home.

See all BMW Roadside Assistance questions