BMW Roadside Assistance

1.9

Gordon Bouris

Gordon BourisGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Saved me

I had an accident yesterday where I required the assistance of bmw road side assistance and they really come through with the goods. Quick response and got me out of trouble.

petro

petroNorthern Region, NSW

An essential product for any modern BMW owner

Bruce

Bruce

Excellent service

Called at 11.30am. Out of town on farm. Call center courteous and easy to understand. Professional and repeated the procedure to me twice to establish the outstanding issue. A flat rear left tyre on a 335i not driven very often. Technician arrived on farm at 12.20pm. Matter discussed cordially. Resolved as a slow leak. Put 50psi in it. Done deal. Taken to Bob Jane. Large screw in the tyre. Bridgestone Potenza. Fixed up. No hassle. Screw courtesy of Park Valet at BAC carpark. Very good service from the technician from Allianz AGA.

Roadside Assistance Providers

Find out how BMW Roadside Assistance compares to other Roadside Assistance Providers

CharlieEagle Point

Excellent service

I have owned a BMW 1200 GS motorcycle for 12 months and it came with 2 years BMW roadside assist.
    I had a breakdown some 650 km's from home on a Friday evening. I rang BMW and explained my issue. After a number of calls, my bike was placed on a flatbed and taken to the nearest BMW motorcycle dealer some 300 km's away. They organised acommodation for me that evening and a $200 taxi fare to the nearest hire car business the next day. All paid for by them at considerable expense. All along the way they rang me with updates on progress and resolved any issues promptly. Can't speak highly enough of the service and professionalism shown.

Roadside Assistance RequestedYes

BMW Roadside Assistance is fantastic

After calling NRMA to assist with a Run Flat failure and being told that they would have a tow truck there in 4-5 hours at a cost of over $500, BMW Roadside assist had the tow there in 30 minutes and arranged transportation and a rental car for me until my car was back on the road. In short, they were fantastic.

George Bey

George Beynsw

Best and rare service

See all BMW Roadside Assistance reviews

RobertBasked

Hi, we have just taken ownership of a 2017 X3 20D BMW, its only done 28,000 k’s in great condition with BMW service history, & it has run flat tyres, & no jack, the Roadside Assistance & Accident package runs out late March, after reading all the comments, naturally questions if it worth renewing, or should we just add it onto our existing RACV roadside assistance ? any comments re RACV & BMW assistance experience , comments would be most welcome & appreciated regards Robert

Hi Robert,
    I've been with BMW Road Side assistance since I got my car on 2017. I purchased it brand new so it came with complimentary two years of RA. I have a X1 and it has run flat tyres as well. I experienced few flat tyres since then which was very easy to handle as I have an insurance for flat tyres and just drove to a BMW service department with no drama. However, a couple of them happened during weekend or long weekend and I was unsure if it will run flat for a few days (which it did, you might only need to top the pressure up) so I contacted BMW road side assistance and I received absolutely 0 support. They said they don't provide a spare tyre and cannot replace it so they will tow the car to their parking area (which I didn't know where it was!), will keep it there until the service centre is open! As far as I am aware of, in the same situation RACV comes with a spare tyre and changes it for you! So needless to say I didn't renew it. And my last experience with BWM RA was even worse as you read it in my review. I lodged a complaint but it didn't go anywhere. So I don't recommend it.

RobertB

Hi Tara, a big thank you for your feedback & reply, l have also been investigating a space saver spare tyre, jack & brace kit, from USA or UK, cost about $800 delivered to Aust, asked if they had a local agent, then also will also ask BMW clubs for there input / suggestions. I will certainly take your suggestion & advice and add the car to our RACV membership, it seems the best choice, thank you again for taking the time to reply to my query, regards Robert.

Hi Robert,
    I highly recommend BMW car insurance to cover flat tyres, it is an Alianze insurance and I cannot recommend it enough. When I got my car, they had a different insurance for flat tyres which was $1000 for 3 years of cover (3 flat tyres per year and one serious damage per year) with no excess no hidden charges no nothing. just drive in, they replace the tyre and done (at any tyre centre too). That was the only insurance that I actually have got to use it since I got the car. I think now it has combined with their car insurance policy which covers two tyres per year. Considering the high price of each tyre I think it's totally worth it. Ask your BMW centre to get a quote for you. They have better deals with the insurance so they can get you a much better price.

Daniel

Danielasked

An absolute night mare. My car was not booked for a tire change for 24 hours although I was promised, then upon calling, it was done. However, my car was abondoned at the tire shop. I was offered a 200$ voucher. Now one after the other, they are making excuses. I will never recommend this nonsense. RAC is better and reliable.
    Amir

Bev

Bevasked

How far do BMW Roadside Assist tow your car free of charge?For example,if we were at Lightning Ridge,NSW,the nearest BMW Service centre is probably Newcastle. Would they tow the car that far for free?

Charlie

They tow your vehicle to the nearest authorised BMW dealer. This is included in your BMW roadside assist for free.

Nick R
    Nick R

But they refuse to tow it home.

See all BMW Roadside Assistance questions