21BMW X1

BMW X1 Questions & Answers

Enrico
Enrico · X1 F48 (2015-2024)

Someone had a problem with EVAP system ? ( I got this problem with a BMW X1 25E, where I couldn't fill fuel because the pressure of tank didn't allow to the gasoline to enter in the tank. Service had to change the Control Unit after 4 days of research )

Joey
Joey · X1

Have a X1 2017 F48 - has anyone had PCV failures that have lead to turbo replacement. Was there any recall international

jye
jye · X1

Noticed many commenting have almost brand new cars, does anyone have one passed say 150,000k's as our last BMW X3 like VW died at 76,000k's so was appalling, all our other Japenese cars lasted beyond 300,00k's with just battry replacement & cheap servicing. Most reviews are based on a brand new vehicle which of course shouldn't have any issues lol. Would be good to know if Euro's have improved regarding reliability.

Mark C
Mark C

Hi hard to answer this one, but we did have a 2006 bmw 323i E90 which we traded for the X1, and that had done 198500kms and gave us very few problems, average service cost was around $500-$600 every 18 months. All late model cars are loaded with tech for fuel efficiency and numerous safety tech, and I think you would be really unlucky to buy a vehicle that gives you problems. If you are considering a used European car, I would definitely suggest a extended warranty program. Cheers

Marty
Marty

I have an MY2013 BMW X1 sDrive18d. Bought it with 38,000 kms on the clock. Serviced every 10,000 to 15,000 kms. I use the oil sensor thingy on the computer to keep an eye on the oil quality. I service the vehicle myself. To date it has been wonderful. Great on fuel, drives nice, plenty of power. I always put premium diesel in the vehicle. Just hit 150,000 kms. Only minor services to date including upgrading the air filter to a performance filter. Changed cabin filter a few times. I always use an engine flush when changing the oil. I run an engine cleaner through the fuel tank once every 10,000 kms and will be adding an engine oil additive shortly when I change the oil to help maintain the engine components. Brakes and rotors were changed around 100,000 kms and I bought the parts myself and had a local mechanic do the job. My aim is to keep this and see how many kms I can get out of the vehicle. I will change the gearbox oil around 200,000 kms, this will cost about $1100. Get rid of the run flat tyres and put something else on as this will save money and will handle better.

Melissa L.
Melissa L. · X1

Looking to buy a X1 SDrive 18d, 2010 model. It’s coming up for its 120k service. Can anyone tell me what that involves and how much it’s might be? I’m in Sydney.

ex-BMW-owner · X1

Did anyone experience problem with right engine mount (defect code 2211010100 ) at an early age of the car (below 25k)? Also, clunking noise in front suspension cause by rubber bushings (defect code 3112013900)? These 2 issues are known defect related to manufacturer but it is not honoured by BMW Australia. Google search these Technical Service Bulletins and insist on warranty cover. Google these 3 TSB’s SI B22 02 17, SI B31 05 16, SI B22 02 17 and give a copy to BMW Australia.

TTaT

You got a bad car. Bushings can worn out on any car, with engine mount cracked and bushing worn at 25k? That car has been driven very roughly and recklessly and obviously off road.

ex-BMW-owner

Car is driven only in the city and coastal drive on weekends.

BenE
BenE

I still love my X1 25i, although at 5 yrs and less than 45k kms - I experienced the engine mount issue and had to make urgent repairs in Sydney Just this week. Similar to you I do city driving too. My awesome mechanic agrees that this should be a known issue and typically affects the X1 and Minis given they share the same platform. The specific Component car part is question has been changed and modified since inception which suggest bmw had tried to resolve and make this part better. I put it down to being unlucky and just keep driving cos it’s still great!

ex-BMW-owner

BMW should own these issues. The suspension issue is also known and will cost more to fix than the engine mount.

Nicola
Nicola · X1 F48 sDrive18d (2015-2024)

Does this car fit three car seats in the back?

TTaT

I doubt it. It will definitely fit 2, but the middle section would be a bit small for a 3rd. All the back seats can fold down.

Ant
Ant · X1

Hi, can anyone tell me what the normal service cost is? I am looking at getting a 2020 BMW X1 sDrive18d. Thanks.

TTaT

expensive. But if you buy new you should have cap servicing included with warranty. so nothing to worry about really.

s f.
s f. · X1

What fuel type 18i uses? does it need premium petrol?

Paul F.
Paul F. · X1 F48 (2015-2024)

I have the F48 X1 / the purchase detail suggest 2015 but did not receive until Apr 2016 - I would like to change the kidney grills but unsure whether the grill was changed in 2016 model - any thoughts on whether the 2016 advertised grill will fit a 2015 model

dna4
dna4 · X1 F48 (2015-2024)

Had anyone bought the x1 recently in sydney ? I'm wondering if you can share what the price you got?

Get an answer from our members and BMW representatives

Select a listing for your question
BMW X1