BMW X3 F25

xDrive20d, xDrive30d, xDrive20i, xDrive28i

4 questions from our users

Sandy

Sandyasked

Hi I want to purchase bmw but what x1 or x3. Also which engine to pick as petrol ones are cheaper but economy is not great. How do cost to do Service

Katherine

Katherineasked

How do you take the brakefilter from a bmwx3 30d?

terrywang
terrywang

What is a break filter? Brake system includes brake pad, rotor, wear indicator and brake fluid, etc.

NorwestErgoasked

Hi, anyone else had a problem with the carpet wearing adjacent to the left heel/foot rest, driver's side. My car is only a year old X3 Sports. I am female and wear flat shoes or soft wedged heels for driving.

Rich
Rich

I can’t comment on my X3 as it is too new. With my 1 series BMW there was certainly wear on the carpet mat after 2 years in the location you describe on the drivers side. This also occurred in my Mazda. I think it is just a common wear issue. If it gets unsightly you could replace the mat. Or if you don’t have mats you could grab them from your BMW dealer.

Tim Johns
Tim Johns

I had exactly the same wear at the same location, which is replaced later under warranty. The wear has occurred less than a year after I bought the car brand new. I did not drive the car hard either, nor wearing shoes with spiky sole.

NorwestErgo

Thanks Tim. I notice you are based in Sydney - any chance you used BMW Sydney at Alexandria. They are saying they have never seen this fault before and it is not a warranty issue. very interested that you had it replaced under warranty.

Steve7

Steve7asked

Hi. I have a 2012 X3 3.0d which has travelled 119,000 kms. Just recently I experienced a vibration in the steering wheel and drivers footwell. I had all wheels balanced and aligned but this made no difference. Now the vibration has got worse and can be felt through the drivers seat. 2 mechanics had a look (one of them BMW) and said they couldn't 'reproduce' the problem. They made me feel stupid, in spite of the vibration being so obvious. Has anyone experienced this type of vibration?

Get an answer from our members and BMW representatives