Listing monitored by Bob Jane T-Marts

Store LocationArtamon
Joy Jonathan P.
Joy Jonathan P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Tires repaired

Brough tires from here with the old car however bob Jane is still take good care on my new car’ tires and have been receiving best royalty service when got nail in tires 2 times.. thank you

Store LocationJoy VIC
Marketing R.Bob Jane T-Marts

Fantastic to hear Joy! We are glad the team looked after you and helped you out with your puncture repair. Thanks - The Bob Jane T-Marts team.

Keith B.
Keith B.South East Queensland, QLD

What happened to customer service?

I find that the senior and helpful customer service people have all been replaced by arrogant young men with superiority attitudes. They display body language which is both aggressive and disinterested.
If this situation has developed as cost saving initiative, I offer a solution.
I suggest that Bob Jane should only employ trained monkeys in their stores. This would add to cost savings and vastly improve the standard of customer service.'
They will never see me again!

Store LocationCleveland QLD
Brians G.
Brians G.New South Wales

Brought 4 new tyres drive home one fell off while I was driving damage the whole rim

Long story But the end of the day I Bought four new tyres drive home one fell off. Bad experience scary as Now its just hard trying to get Bob Jane to fix it.

Store LocationMt Druitt
Vehicle Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops

Find out how Bob Jane T-Marts compares to other Vehicle Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops

Stuart
StuartGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent hassle free service

I purchased a set of bob Jane tyres that came with a free repair or replacement if I got a puncture in the first 12 months.
They happily replaced 2 tyres free of charged with no hassle.

Store LocationEltham

Thanks Stuart!

Jim and Julie
Jim and JulieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Outstanding - Mermaid Bch

Approximately 1 year ago whilst on a Road Trip in WA, we had to have new tyres fitted on our caravan and went to Bob Jane.
Unfortunately, at our recent caravan service at Gold Coast we were informed that these were not the correct tyres for our caravan and in fact would void any insurance had we had an accident.
We went to Bob Jane at Mermaid Bch and after explaining our situation to Ross the Manager the tyres were changed and his understanding and commitment to Customer Service was outstanding. We can only be grateful that he has such a high level knowledge of his products and is customer focus including rectifying issues.
Thank you so much Bob Jane we can now tow our van safely and confidently. Jim & Julie

Store LocationMermaid Beach
N. Mangano
N. ManganoPerth, WA

Tyre Warranty is fake

Purchased 3 Kuhmo Tyres from Bob Jane in Armadale WA. After some time a bulge appeared on the side of one of the tyres. Took it back as still had 67% tread left on it. The person who looked at it said it was due to impact damage although there was no sign of damage to either the tread, the rim or the alignment. I told him I had not hit anything but he refused to look any further. I rang head office of Kuhmo Tyres and they said he should have removed the tyre from the rim and checked for internal damage. They told me to go to Tyrepower to get it checked. Do not buy anything from Bob Jane tyre stores.

George T
George Tasked

Do you do after pay

Disillusionedasked

Does Bob Jane have an official policy regarding the way wheel nuts must be tightened, or is this left to the discretion of each franchise or individual mechanics? In particular, are mechanics allowed to just use impact wrenches and estimate the required torque, or do they use torque limiting extensions (torque sticks), or do they do the final tightening by hand using a torque wrench?

Good Morning,

Bob Jane T-Marts do have a procedure to correctly tension wheel nuts/studs. Please email feedback@bobjane.com.au to discuss further.

Disillusioned

I emailed feedback@bobjane.com.au several days ago, but am still waiting on a reply. In the mean time I have done some more web searching, and I found one discussion on Whirlpool where someone mentioned that Bob Jane required the final tighten to be done with a torque wrench, with instant dismissal for anybody caught not complying. Unfortunately in the same thread someone else commented that if this were the case then that would mean the entire workshop staff would be gone at his local Bob Jane! See https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2757100#r57546014 for the thread. So maybe I need to know not only what the official policy is, but also whether or not the policy is actually followed!

Disillusioned

I finally got a reply. Bob Jane does not have any official policy, but they do have an internal document that is used for training purposes. The reply didn't say what procedure they recommend in this document. So I still don't know either what procedure Bob Jane train their staff to use, or how widely their staff follow this procedure once they have completed their training, but I do at least know that a training document exists!

Since what really matters is what my local Bob Jane staff actually do my next step is probably to chase this up with my local franchise. Sorry to have wasted everyone's time here...

David
Davidasked

How old are the tyres you sell allowed to be?
We bought tyres in July 2019 they have now travelled 700km and we got knocked back on rego inspection today because they were manufactured in 2015 and the mechanic says they have cracks between the tread.

Hi David,
Manufacturers give a warranty of 5 years after manufacture date and we do not repair tyres over 8 years old. If you have recently bought the tyres as you said, please contact your local Bob Jane so we can inspect your tyres. If they are indeed faulty, we will make sure to get you back on the road safely and have the manufacturer pick up this tyre.
Also, feel free to send this to feedback@bobjane.com.au and we will look into this issue further for you.

Get an answer from our members and Bob Jane T-Marts representatives