Listing monitored by Bob Jane T-Marts

Rude customer service manager

Went in this morning for a Tyre repair a slow leak and was met by the rudest lady I have ever met and she is the co owner and at the front desk, I will never go back to this store even though I have bought many tyres from them in the past

Haque R
Haque RSouth East Queensland, QLD

Waste of time contacting them for best price guarantee

It was a waste of my time to contact them for the Best Tyre Price Guarantee. Although they advertised it in their website as: "Bob Jane T-Marts' Best Tyre Price Guarantee applies to any cheaper price found on an online store"
I took the time to fill-up the form and get a reply they can offer me a price which is $428 more than the price I provided to them.
Do not waste your time contacting them.

Gladstone branch lied to me to persuade me to buy new tyres

Went to Gladstone Branch with a flat tyre. Has been advised that they are unable to repair it as it is 8 years old and therefore against the law. This is a lie and contradicting to their own website. They tried to keep my old tyre and was very rude. Another dealer confirmed that it is a lie and repaired tyre. Don’t trust them. Very disappointing after we supported them for many years.

Marketing R.Bob Jane T-Marts

Tyre was bald on shoulder and illegal to repair (photo evidence kept of this). This was communicated clearly and no one was rude. It's unfortunate that another tyre retailer in Gladstone has chosen to repair this illegal and unsafe tyre.

Sandie
Sandie

I was explicitly told and even shown tyre is stamped 2013 and therefore illegal. They did not want to put my spare tyre which has never been used on my rim either as it is also 2013 and therefore illegal according to them. They just keep on lying.

malcom m
malcom mmalbourne

unprofessional and unreliable

I got quote to replace all 4 tyres, hour latter I went back to replace. Same staff who quoted me said that he cant do the job for the same price as there was an system error. from $500 it went up to $700?

Obsolete unprofessional and unreliable people.

Vehicle Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops

Find out how Bob Jane T-Marts compares to other Vehicle Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops

BrandoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Rim damage

Took my car to Bob Jane Oakleigh for two new tyres. Thankfully i took photos of all the rims before fitting as they damaged one of them badly during fitting. Manager agreed they did it and told me to go to a specific wheel repair place and pay for the repair and id be reimbursed. Got the rim repaired costing $390. Took the invoice to the manager and it took 3 months for them to pay me only after i went to consumer affairs. Not happy.

Hello,
Other than a refund for the two tyres they put on (they put the rear tyres on 6 months ago) i dont know what the solution is.
Regards
Brando

Bullying, harassment condoned by all.

Head office ignores communication in regards to wc issues, franchisee encouraged and participate in such actions. A company that puts head in sand from top down in favour of money with no regards to safety.

Marketing R.Bob Jane T-Marts

Hi Dean, thanks for your feedback. We would like to look into this further. Please contact our National Support Office at feedback@bobjane.com.au. Thanks – The Bob Jane T-Marts National Support team.

allyuser

Disgraceful service

PaulPerth, WA

Full of craps and salesman lies - Bob Jane Kwinana WA

Paul

Have sent email to feedback@bobjane.com.au. Pls check and act. Thank you.

Paul

I have sent my email and feedback to the address requested. Another terrible sales talk AGAIN. No one from Bob Jane return call nor a single email from them.

Bill
BillSydney, NSW

Phone Manners

Rang them for a quote on new tyres, spoke to a very polite salesperson who said he would do the same price as last time .. then when I rang back to book in I had a really hard time (with a different person) to get the same deal (abt $15 off full price)
He may have been the manager as he complained about overheads etc
2nd call was one of the worst sales experiences I've had
I was a long standing customer

Avoid avoid avoid

• +3Thumbnail
J k.
J k.South East Queensland, QLD

I found tyres for 179/ea everything included at Mycar. I requested they offer me 178 *4 + fitting fee.

They don't beat price as they advertise in their web site. And do not communicate to customers as well. Very bad. Won't go there any more

Tegan
TeganHobart, TAS

They always screw me over

In the past they advised buying 5 mags it would cost the same but that wasn't the case.
Another time they pit 17 inch wheels on my corolla and told me they didn't scrape... well they did amd needed replacing.
3rd strike they've now they've put two new tyres on my Mazda and balanced it incorrectly so it shakes.
Everytime they take no responsibility.
I will never waste my money again

George T
George Tasked

Do you do after pay

Disillusionedasked

Does Bob Jane have an official policy regarding the way wheel nuts must be tightened, or is this left to the discretion of each franchise or individual mechanics? In particular, are mechanics allowed to just use impact wrenches and estimate the required torque, or do they use torque limiting extensions (torque sticks), or do they do the final tightening by hand using a torque wrench?

Good Morning,

Bob Jane T-Marts do have a procedure to correctly tension wheel nuts/studs. Please email feedback@bobjane.com.au to discuss further.

Disillusioned

I emailed feedback@bobjane.com.au several days ago, but am still waiting on a reply. In the mean time I have done some more web searching, and I found one discussion on Whirlpool where someone mentioned that Bob Jane required the final tighten to be done with a torque wrench, with instant dismissal for anybody caught not complying. Unfortunately in the same thread someone else commented that if this were the case then that would mean the entire workshop staff would be gone at his local Bob Jane! See https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2757100#r57546014 for the thread. So maybe I need to know not only what the official policy is, but also whether or not the policy is actually followed!

Disillusioned

I finally got a reply. Bob Jane does not have any official policy, but they do have an internal document that is used for training purposes. The reply didn't say what procedure they recommend in this document. So I still don't know either what procedure Bob Jane train their staff to use, or how widely their staff follow this procedure once they have completed their training, but I do at least know that a training document exists!

Since what really matters is what my local Bob Jane staff actually do my next step is probably to chase this up with my local franchise. Sorry to have wasted everyone's time here...

David
Davidasked

How old are the tyres you sell allowed to be?
We bought tyres in July 2019 they have now travelled 700km and we got knocked back on rego inspection today because they were manufactured in 2015 and the mechanic says they have cracks between the tread.

Hi David,
Manufacturers give a warranty of 5 years after manufacture date and we do not repair tyres over 8 years old. If you have recently bought the tyres as you said, please contact your local Bob Jane so we can inspect your tyres. If they are indeed faulty, we will make sure to get you back on the road safely and have the manufacturer pick up this tyre.
Also, feel free to send this to feedback@bobjane.com.au and we will look into this issue further for you.

Get an answer from our members and Bob Jane T-Marts representatives