Listing monitored by Bob Jane T-Marts

Beckvill
BeckvillCarlingford

Declined Wheel alignment did I ? not!

Store LocationGranville
Carol Du
Carol DuSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ok service, lack communication

Called up to check stock of 4 x Potenza RE003, said they will be stock before my booking. Took car in following day and voiced what tyres i want before work commence. 1 hr later upon work completion, saw the invoice for higher then quoted. When i ask the reception why price is higher, he said there was no stock of the RE003 and put S001 on, was informed they are much better tyres. Was reimbursed the difference. Would be nice to actually be told prior to work starting if RE003 were in stock as i did alot of research and had my heart on these. I would of had come back a different day when they actually had them in.

Store LocationIpswich
Himadri Biswas
Himadri BiswasSydney, NSW

New Tyres for my Totota Camry

Ash007
Ash007Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good Customer Service, Bit Pushy to Sell Michelin brand, Tyres not in Stock

Vehicle Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops

Find out how Bob Jane T-Marts compares to other Vehicle Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops

Malcolm B
Malcolm BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Up selling without even asking

Quoted $99 each for four tyres today at the Morayfield store. Went ahed because i thought the price was good. Wife picked up car at about 12.30pm charged $451. Rung store they said when i spoke to them i also agreed to a wheel alignment. This never entered the discussion. The person i spoke to said yes i did and the tyre fitter was standing next to him and heard it. Now i might be a bit old but am about the same age as the person i spoke to but then i must be a bit senile as he never mentioned a wheel alignment nor was the tyre fitter standing next to him. This is upselling to the extreme without the customer being told. As there are numerous tyre places around i will not ever be going back to bob janes

Browny
BrownyWollongong

Gouged wheel and didn’t do what they were paid to do!

Tanky
TankyMelbourne

Quick and easy

Bought two tyres Quality of tyres is good and competitive too, quick swap over didn't have to wait long. Well suited to vehicle

Pam Deacon
Pam DeaconMandurah

Franchisee in Mandurah

How to speak to a customer, when you don’t know what your doing Steve Cottrill, you don’t hang up on a client. Thank you for trying to clear this matter up in a friendly manner....it is most appreciated. Troy was very helpful...thank you.

Disappointed

Had a few problems but the manager called me and was very apologetic, hard to get good help I guess.

Vehicle Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops

Don't go to Bob Jane in Essendon on Mt. Alexander Rd.

I just took my car to Essendon for what was meant to be a free rotation and the guy tried to sting me $75.
I told the guy that I originally bought my tires from the Preston store and they told me that the next rotation is free and they would text me when to bring it in. He then told me to take it up with the Preston store.
I immediately called the Preston store and no questions asked, they asked me if I would like to bring it on now for the free service. WOW!!! Now that's service.
It just takes one guy to make a bad name for himself and make the company look crap for the sake of trying to steal $75. Good try mate but you lost this one.
Moral of the story, Take your car to Preston!!!!!

Roger S.
Roger S.AU

Store Manager Needs Customer Service Training

Wheel alignment Traralgon vic

Have to take my car back Monday as on Friday I had a wheel alignment done. Picked up car and it was still pulling to the left. When back around 3 on Saturday only to find them closed , so I'm back tomorrow after driving 350 kms since job, hopefully they re do the wheel alignment for free if not return my cost of $ 55.00

Louise
Louise

Customer service

Went in to get tyres serviced. Had an appointment and said I would wait, but was still told I would have to wait 90 min for them to do this. 90 long min, which turned out to be even longer as they only started the wheel balance after 90 min. What is the point of making an appointment? Last time I got tyres I went to Bridgestone down the road who did it straight away. Two guess where I will go next time. The front desk staff here were friendly and helpful. Shame about this policy as everything else was above average

nena reid

service for 4 brand new tyres purchased 6mths ago!

so much for free service to be told of a puncture in one of my tyres being almost new..feel ripped off!

nena reid

sorry forgot to say the service centre of above comment is Ringwood

AustraliaOnlineAU

Service fine, but lost hubcap

The positive is that they seem quick and efficient and the prices appear competitive. The negative is that when I got the car home, it was missing a hubcap. I phoned and they asked me to come back in so they could fit hubcaps to it. Drove back, they tried to put on mismatching hubcaps. I informed them I would prefer matching and that car accessories shops had similar ones for $30. They offered to reimburse the cost, which is fine however I wasted time driving back and now they shift responsibility to me to use more of my time to buy them.
Quick, efficient, reasonably competitive
Lack of responsibility to rectify issue that presented within half an hour of picking up vehicle

Marketing R.Bob Jane T-Marts

Hi AustraliaOnline, if you would like to contact me about which store you visited I will certainly look into the wheel alignment issues you have mentioned above. Kind Regards Jess

George T
George Tasked

Do you do after pay

Disillusionedasked

Does Bob Jane have an official policy regarding the way wheel nuts must be tightened, or is this left to the discretion of each franchise or individual mechanics? In particular, are mechanics allowed to just use impact wrenches and estimate the required torque, or do they use torque limiting extensions (torque sticks), or do they do the final tightening by hand using a torque wrench?

Good Morning,

Bob Jane T-Marts do have a procedure to correctly tension wheel nuts/studs. Please email feedback@bobjane.com.au to discuss further.

Disillusioned

I emailed feedback@bobjane.com.au several days ago, but am still waiting on a reply. In the mean time I have done some more web searching, and I found one discussion on Whirlpool where someone mentioned that Bob Jane required the final tighten to be done with a torque wrench, with instant dismissal for anybody caught not complying. Unfortunately in the same thread someone else commented that if this were the case then that would mean the entire workshop staff would be gone at his local Bob Jane! See https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2757100#r57546014 for the thread. So maybe I need to know not only what the official policy is, but also whether or not the policy is actually followed!

Disillusioned

I finally got a reply. Bob Jane does not have any official policy, but they do have an internal document that is used for training purposes. The reply didn't say what procedure they recommend in this document. So I still don't know either what procedure Bob Jane train their staff to use, or how widely their staff follow this procedure once they have completed their training, but I do at least know that a training document exists!

Since what really matters is what my local Bob Jane staff actually do my next step is probably to chase this up with my local franchise. Sorry to have wasted everyone's time here...

David
Davidasked

How old are the tyres you sell allowed to be?
We bought tyres in July 2019 they have now travelled 700km and we got knocked back on rego inspection today because they were manufactured in 2015 and the mechanic says they have cracks between the tread.

Hi David,
Manufacturers give a warranty of 5 years after manufacture date and we do not repair tyres over 8 years old. If you have recently bought the tyres as you said, please contact your local Bob Jane so we can inspect your tyres. If they are indeed faulty, we will make sure to get you back on the road safely and have the manufacturer pick up this tyre.
Also, feel free to send this to feedback@bobjane.com.au and we will look into this issue further for you.

Get an answer from our members and Bob Jane T-Marts representatives