Bonaire Durango

Bonaire Durango

Pros

• Impressive build quality

• Powerful fan motor

Cons

• Spare parts are hard for Australians to aquire

3.5

• Heating / Cooling Speed
LEE

LEENorth Western Region, NSW

It helps

cooler works ok but MAJOR issue with it spitting water into the room. As I write this I have been on hold for 2hours 12minutes waiting to ask about the issue.

Purchased in December 2019 at LRE LIGHTNING RIDGE for $900.00.

C.H.Norton

C.H.NortonAdelaide

For adelaide its great.

Great unit in hot dry weather. The hotter and dryer the better. Wouldnt work in Sydney or Brisbane though. i use it in an uninsulated 6 x 9m shed and I am genuinely surprised how good it is. Running cost at medium is 12cents an hour.

Purchased in October 2019.

this product is not up to its good looks

I had a 4500 it worked well ! so when it died i thought the 5900 would be much better , WRONG !!!
Oh it works but not as good as the 4500. When i got it the pump was no good ! Bonaire gave me a new pump . To install it you better be sharp, cuz you just don't plug it in! Oh no you have to remove front cover
then pull out a electronic tray full of wires. Then you have to remove 3 of those wires and replace it with the ones on the pump carefully. Plus no handles to grab on to help handle casing. I see a lack of good
design in eng dept . not really planned well. Best i can say is it's better than nothing ! Joe K . Pahrump NV

Purchased in April 2018 for $599.00.

Love love love it !!!

Love love love it !! I would like to purchase a pump and motor to have on hand just in case either has to be replaced. Its to hot in the California San Joaquin Valley to wait for any kind of shipping. I purchased the down/side draft 7000 and made it to side draft and put it up to sliding window. Used plexiglass and cut hole for the air. In the winter. I just slide the window closed. It has 2 speeds and it has gotten to 100 degrees already and i haven't turned it on high yet. It's
Amazing. Highly recommend.!! I did purchase this last year and it sound like they have made some changes after reading the comments. But i Will order those extra parts just in case.

Purchased in May 2018 for $739.00.

Rich

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Talbert

TalbertGilbert

This Thing is Perfect for the Arizona Desert

My Durango is as old as the hills and has run like a champ for over 10 years! Pump went out a couple of years ago but that is to be expected. It cools better than my A/C. In fact, in can run you out of the house. It has paid for itself many times over.

Date PurchasedApr 2006

Too loud customers are complaining

I purchased 6 returned 3 installed 3 Durango 5000 all 3 customers are complaining there to loud since they're last year's model nobody cares Home Depot answer is to buy this years model. I would not buy even though there redesigned. The company is aware of this they won't do anything to solve the problem.

Date PurchasedSept 2017

Instructions written by an 8 year old

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Vic

VicPalm Springs

Cools Well. Needs A Lot Of Adjustment

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Doesn’t get cold.

We live in arid Albuquerque, New Mexico. We bought a Bonaire Durango 4500 two years ago, and it blows plenty of air, but has never cooled satisfactorily. We were led to believe that it was equivalent to a regular 3-pad window cooler. Since it doesn’t work well, we are replacing it with a regular cooler. I contacted Bonaire, and they offered no recourse.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016

Engineering brain fart

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Don't trust the new Chinese pumps they're no good

I've had to swamp cooler in here for years I had to replace the pump once now in the last 2 months it's been four pumps from China and they don't work they keep going out one lasted two days Home Depot will not take them back because they look used or something I don't know what the deal is but it's $60 a pop it's not worth it

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Eddy

EddyLindon

Changes have been made product is now very good

Bought two in 2015 and installed in mid 2016. Purchased 8 more May 2018. Updates have been made on these which were needed and from my experience I have received the help I have needed when I have contacted customer support which I have really appreciated. They work well and they look great.

Date PurchasedJune 2015

Fan motor Problems

I think this is a good cooler but be aware of the trick they play. My fan motor stopped working and smelled up the house like fried wires. When I checked it out I found that the motor was fried, as I looked around for a replacement motor there where none to be found, Home Depot said you have to order it directly from Bonaire, in Australia!! I've had this cooler for a year and a half with the warranty only being 1 year. I called them, $109.99 for a new one, it was designed differently so you had to buy THERE motor, only there's. I think Bonaire needs to help out the thousands of people who buy there product, make the motor last longer or make it not so expensive and make it available.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Peter d54Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

This is perfect. Can't live without it.

High power fan blows the house down on high. We have installed it in a small room and it pushes the door shut so its hard to open the door but with the door open it cools more rooms. For its power you have to turn the TV up slightly if its close to your head but well worth it.
Cheap as to run. Haven't noticed any change in the electricity bill. I guess there must be some change. Totally recommend it. Put it in myself in an old air conditioner hole. Easy as. No plumber required. Just a hose to the tap. No electrician as it has a normal power plug.

Peter d54

one problem is that the winter cover is no longer being made so the wind blows thru it in winter.
why dont they make it? i had to make a round wooden board and unscrew the front. a pain, but works

lugg99423

lugg99423Wheatbelt, WA

Works excellent!

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Exceeded expectations!

Real Happy With it

I live 80km east of Perth WA were summer time gets into the mid 40's. I installed the cooler in my house last summer and have been very happy with it. It keeps the temp about 14 deg. cooler than the outside temp. I am so happy with it I have installed a second unit in the other end of my house. With two of these units at both ends of my house, I will be keeping cool this summer.

binkagal

binkagalMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Great evaporative unit!

Living in the relatively dry heat of the Riverina, evaporative cooling works well. This is the first time I have ever seen an alternative to the roof "swamp box" version of evaporative cooling. We have installed it in the wall, rather than a window, and it is cooling our BIG, old, farm house very well. My only issue is that, having bought second hand (though barely used) I don't have the winter cover, and my enquiries via email to the Australian distributor, wanting to know where I can buy one, have gone unanswered.
Cools well and quickly, reliable, energy efficient
Note: Will not cool effectively in areas of humidity!

Gato

Gatoasked

Ran soft water feed lines to the two Durango units I installed. They work great but builds a lot of salt deposits on outside plastic vent panel that I use a pressure washer to clean every weekend, and they both blow salt from the blower side into the house. Looks like snow. It is very very very fine salt. My question is why??? Is the evaporation process truly pulling out the little salt contained in soft water? And if so, what to do?

Tim M.

Tim M.asked

Why does it drip all the time?

Tommy G.

Tommy G.asked

Why is my cooler spitting brown water?

AC Power:

• The direct-drive fan (the AC's main fan) boasts a powerful three-speed motor, which allows the AC to cool rooms up to 115 square metres. Cool mode and ventilation mode provides the choice between water flow cooling or just fan operation.

Build Quality:

• This air conditioner can be attached to a window without any need for permanent installation. The design of the transition duct, (which brings the air from the outdoor unit to the indoor vent), supports the AC by allowing it to remain secure on the window, without any need for additional structural support.
  • The cabinet is made of a UV stabilised polymer, which means that there's a durable plastic casing around the outside section of the AC. This casing protects the AC from the elements and prevents rust from developing.

Availability:

• Spare parts are mainly available to buy in the US, which may be inconvenient for Australians.
CategoryWindow & Wall Air Conditioners