Bondi Boost Wave Wand

Bondi Boost Wave Wand

Pros

• Creates natural-looking waves

• Affordable at $84.95

Cons

• A little bulky to use

• Hair Length Short (10), Medium (56) and Long (41)
  • Hair Style Straight (62), Wavy (45) and Curly
  • Hair Care

Absolutely awesome. Can not recommend enough. It’s not too heavy, the on button locks and the temperature is adjustable. I don’t have thirty words to write to meet review guidelines....

Purchased in January 2021 for $85.00.

hayley

hayleyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love it! simple beautiful hair!

love it! was nervous at first after people saying it was to heavy and the button would turn off but its not too heavy to hold and the button locks so you don't accidentally turn it off while in use!

Purchased in October 2020 at BondiBoost for $89.00.

Hair LengthShort

Deb Cutajar

Deb CutajarGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fabulous Waves

Awesome waves.. the more you use it the more creative the waves .. I find it bulky to hold and the button to change settings I knock while trying not to burn my neck and makes gorgeous waves !! Must use with the heat repellent is not to frizz your hair

Purchased in September 2020 at Bondiboost for $90.00.

ClareP

ClarePSydney, NSW

Fast delivery and does what it says it’ll do

I purchased this product on Saturday and arrive the following Tuesday so delivery 10/10
I was so impatient to use it I tried it out on my unwashed very long hair which took 16mins to achieve curls at 180°, photos attached (before and after). I did not use any heat protectant spray (impatience) nor have I put in any product to maintain the curl after. I suspect as I use this product more often I will get used to it and will get the desired look. I am yet to see how long these curls last however first use, it does exactly what it says it’s going to do. I do agree with other comments the power button and temperature buttons are in an awkward position but again the more you use it the more you will get used to that and avoid them.

Purchased in November 2020 for $85.00.

Love it!

I love this tool! I am terrible at styling my own hair and cannot curl at all so these waves are an easy way to create a new look for myself. SO easy to use and looks great

Purchased in September 2020 for $80.00.

Fantastic

It was quite large to handle (for me ) at the start but now getting used to it. Everyone comments when i have used it. I love the waves. I have really long hair.

Purchased in September 2020.

Natalie

NatalieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Better than expected

Bought the wave wand a few weeks ago and so happy with it . Even with my long and thick hair it works great. Very easy to use and produces perfect and even waves. Makes the hair look really shiny too. Would recommend this product to anyone.

Purchased in September 2020 for $89.00.

Manda

MandaPerth, WA

Fabulous and easy too use.

Wow!
It takes me 7 mins to have gorgeous bouncy waves, I'm complemented all the time, lasts for two days I keep temp low so I don't DMG my hair and use a heat spray.
I'm so loving my look with these waves !

Purchased for $88.00.

Giselle

GiselleSydney Surrounds, NSW

Amazing for my straight hair!!!

This is the best invention ever!! My hair never had movement or shape and now is very easy to style it! Totally recommended for everyone, easy to use and you can adjust the temperature

Purchased in September 2020 for $85.00.

Boholover

Boholover

Still undecided

It is quite tricky to use which I am unsure of its just me or the wand! I found that the curls did hold but my ends were absolutely fried. Once again that could just be me not knowing how to use it but I am worried to use it again. It looked ok but could definitely live without it

Would not recommend

Would not recommend for short to medium hair. It may work on long hair though. The barrels are too big for short to medium hair. I returned this item & purchased a smaller tool from Amazon & love it!

Purchased in August 2020 at Website for $60.00.

Hair StyleWavy

Read reviews before purchasing!!!!!

I wish I read the reviews before purchasing this item. I was really excited to try this product, the best protection spray is amazing but the wave wand is not.
The on and off button is in an awkward spot so I found myself turning it off when I was moving it around. It is also really heavy and I try to use more of a grip on it and still found myself turning it off as my finger would slip onto the on and off button.
Im sorry but market place on Facebook also have people selling these after 1-2 uses because they have these issues too.
It made my hair too frizzy and you get better ‘waves’ using a straightener rather than these artificial waves.

Purchased in March 2020.

Didn’t work

I went to use it for the first time today for an event and it took me over 30 mins to get the wand to turn on from the off position and then when I went to use it, it didn’t provide the waves curls that were advertised. My hair was 100% dry. I started the temperature off at 90° then 120°, 160° and finally 200° and no curls appeared even after holding my hair in the wand for a significant amount of time.

I have sent them an email for a refund as I am within the 30 day money back guarantee that is advertised on their website.

Purchased in August 2020 for $76.00.

Laura G.

Laura G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointing

I was excited to receive this but the excitement was very short lived. The waves dropped completely within 1/2 hour. Going back to MUK as Muk Curls last until I wash my hair. Also don't bother with reviews on the Bondi Boost website as they only keep good reviews; they deleted my 1 star review. Very dishonest.

Won't switch on

First time using it and the product wouldn't switch on. After trying for about half an hour it finally switched on and lasted about 5-10 minutes and won't switch on again. Extremely disappointed.

Won't turn on

Received my brand new wand today and it doesn't even turn on. Have held the on button down for more than the 3 seconds recommended and tried different ports. Extremely disappointed.

Purchased in August 2020 for $80.00.

Chels

ChelsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not what the marketing portrays

The product is not how it appears in videos. It doesn’t heat up well at all and the curl drops really quickly. I was super gutted and the product really excited me

Purchased in June 2020 for $80.00.

Bonnie W.

Bonnie W.Sydney, NSW

Doesn't do anything

Purchased in June 2020 for $85.00.

Hair LengthShort
sayshe69

sayshe69Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awful - Do Not Buy

On/Off switch is in a terrible position and it keeps turning off. The wand gets stuck in the open position all the time so wont close around the hair. Very cheap quality and cheaply made. I have used this product 3 times and it started getting stuck in the open position about 5 into the first use. You should be doing a recall on this product as its dangerous. I'm really disappointed as i really like the waves it did produce when i got it to actually close around my hair.

Purchased in May 2020 for $84.95.

Amanda G.

Amanda G.Sydney, NSW

Wave wand disappointing

I received my wave wand after months on a pre order list so was excited to use it straight away. I have fine long hair (certainly not classed as thick) usually curls etc stay in my hair. I tried the 5 secs recommended for each section however it dropped out straight away. I contacted Bondi boost who offered my money back (not what I was asking). I just wanted to know how they recommended I use the tool for maximum curl. The next time I tried 20 secs smaller sections with hairspray but it was more of a kink than a wave like the videos show. I tried on my daughter too but didn't stay on her hair either.Also the on off button is not in a good position and easily turned off during the use. Really disappointed after all the hype !

Purchased in May 2020 for $89.95.

Carlyasked

Has anyone had any luck getting a refund? I sent my wave wand back because I wasn’t satisfied with the results (I had to pay $12 to send it back) and I haven’t received a refund yet (its been a week and a half).

Ashley M.
Ashley M.

Did you get a tracking # on it? Once you confirm it has been received by their office, send them another email following up.

Carly

Yes, I did receive verification that their office received it on 9/8. I sent another email to them today with this information. Thanks for the suggestion.

Billie

Billieasked

I’m just wondering how I can stop the burnt hair smell after using the wave wand. I did not get heat protectant from your company as others have mentioned receiving when they purchased the wand however i am using another heat protectant. Even with the wand turned down to a low temp I still get burnt smell. Will this subside or is there something you recommend?

Billie

Billieasked

Get an answer from our members and Bondi Boost representatives

Features:

• The inclusion of three barrels rather than a single barrel for this styling iron means that it’s able to style three times as much hair in a single clamping motion
  • Constructed from a crystal powder tourmaline ceramic glaze, the tourmaline is naturally infused with negative ions, which add shine and prevent dryness. However the ceramic glaze is a less impressive inclusion, as it may chip away gradually over time.
  • An adjustable temperature allows you to choose between two options, 80°C or 210°C, for an application of either gentle or more direct, powerful heat (which may reduce the styling time)
  • A quick heat-up time and 3-metre cord allow for speedy styling and flexibility of movement, both of which are convenient when you’re in a rush

What reviewers loved about the Bondi Boost Wave Wand:

• The most valued aspect of this wave wand was that it worked as promised, creating gorgeous waves with a natural-looking amount of volume
  • Reviewers appreciated how this wave wand refrained from adding unwanted frizz to their hair, while keeping it shiny
  • Those with long, thick hair particularly appreciated the triple-barreled design, as it meant they didn’t spend copious amounts of time styling their hair

Some other points of feedback from reviewers:

• Some reviewers found the design of this wave wand a little bulky, which made it slightly heavy to hold while styling
  • According to some, the power and temperature buttons were in an awkward spot, and were often accidentally pressed during the styling process.
CategoryHair Stylers