Bondi Boost Wave Wand

Bondi Boost Wave Wand

See the Best Hair Stylers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Bondi Boost

Pros

• Creates natural-looking waves

• Affordable at $84.95

Cons

• A little bulky to use

• Hair Length Short (4), Medium (35) and Long (23)
  • Hair Style Straight, Wavy (48) and Curly (14)
  • Hair Care

tlok78
tlok78Queensland

Mermaid waves but quite awkward to use

This product creates large mermaid waves, however I found the product heavy and awkward to use. Quick to get to the desired temperature and has adjustable temperature controls - nice feature.

Purchased in March 2021 for $80.00.

Hair Style Curly

Terrible, doesn’t do what they claim it does

This product is overrated. Barely creates a wave. I held it in place on my hair for over 30 seconds and still couldn’t achieve a wave. The instructions state to hold it for 10 seconds and move down. Don’t waste your money. The shipping cost to return it is too much and they make returning it a major hassle so you’ll know it’s not worth it.

Purchased in April 2021.

Amy
AmySouth East Queensland, QLD

Ripples, not waves

To be honest, this isn’t a bad product. But if you are expecting waves, they are very soft. Gave it away as it wasn’t very effective. I expected better results

Purchased in March 2021 for $84.95.

Heavy and ineffective.

I do not rate this wand AT ALL. The wand itself is very heavy and you have to hold it in place for ages to achieve a wave. I also find the temperature is not super hot and it takes awhile to heat up. Overall the wand is heavy and not ergonomic. The on/off button is in a terrible position. I achieve better waves with a top brand straightener I have. Disappointed. Waste of money and not suitable for short or medium length hair.

Purchased in December 2020 for $80.00.

Hair Style Wavy

Absolutely awesome. Can not recommend enough. It’s not too heavy, the on button locks and the temperature is adjustable. I don’t have thirty words to write to meet review guidelines....

Purchased in January 2021 for $85.00.

Deb Cutajar
Deb CutajarGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fabulous Waves

Awesome waves.. the more you use it the more creative the waves .. I find it bulky to hold and the button to change settings I knock while trying not to burn my neck and makes gorgeous waves !! Must use with the heat repellent is not to frizz your hair

Purchased in September 2020 at Bondiboost for $90.00.

Horrible Return Policy

Purchased in October 2020 for $80.00.

Love it!

I love this tool! I am terrible at styling my own hair and cannot curl at all so these waves are an easy way to create a new look for myself. SO easy to use and looks great

Purchased in September 2020 for $80.00.

Fantastic

It was quite large to handle (for me ) at the start but now getting used to it. Everyone comments when i have used it. I love the waves. I have really long hair.

Purchased in September 2020.

Boholover
Boholover

Still undecided

It is quite tricky to use which I am unsure of its just me or the wand! I found that the curls did hold but my ends were absolutely fried. Once again that could just be me not knowing how to use it but I am worried to use it again. It looked ok but could definitely live without it

Purchased in August 2020.

Would not recommend

Would not recommend for short to medium hair. It may work on long hair though. The barrels are too big for short to medium hair. I returned this item & purchased a smaller tool from Amazon & love it!

Purchased in August 2020 at Website for $60.00.

Hair Style Wavy

Read reviews before purchasing!!!!!

I wish I read the reviews before purchasing this item. I was really excited to try this product, the best protection spray is amazing but the wave wand is not.
The on and off button is in an awkward spot so I found myself turning it off when I was moving it around. It is also really heavy and I try to use more of a grip on it and still found myself turning it off as my finger would slip onto the on and off button.
Im sorry but market place on Facebook also have people selling these after 1-2 uses because they have these issues too.
It made my hair too frizzy and you get better ‘waves’ using a straightener rather than these artificial waves.

Purchased in March 2020.

Didn’t work

I went to use it for the first time today for an event and it took me over 30 mins to get the wand to turn on from the off position and then when I went to use it, it didn’t provide the waves curls that were advertised. My hair was 100% dry. I started the temperature off at 90° then 120°, 160° and finally 200° and no curls appeared even after holding my hair in the wand for a significant amount of time.

I have sent them an email for a refund as I am within the 30 day money back guarantee that is advertised on their website.

Purchased in August 2020 for $76.00.

Polly
PollyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don’t waste your money

I have shoulder length, quite fine and naturally curly (not the good curl though) hair that takes curls well with a wand or straightener. Thought I’d give the Bondi boost wave wand a try... for only $85 I wasn’t expecting it to be great, but I at least expected it to curl.
By the time I did the last section the rest had already fallen out to a slight kink but mostly straight.
Add to this the terrible placement of the on/off and temperature buttons...it’s almost impossible to use the wand without turning it off or changing the temperature every 5 sec.
Don’t waste your money and invest in a good curling wand...and don’t believe the YouTube videos!!

Purchased in June 2020 at Bondi Boost for $76.00.

sayshe69
sayshe69Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awful - Do Not Buy

On/Off switch is in a terrible position and it keeps turning off. The wand gets stuck in the open position all the time so wont close around the hair. Very cheap quality and cheaply made. I have used this product 3 times and it started getting stuck in the open position about 5 into the first use. You should be doing a recall on this product as its dangerous. I'm really disappointed as i really like the waves it did produce when i got it to actually close around my hair.

Purchased in May 2020 for $84.95.

Carlyasked

Has anyone had any luck getting a refund? I sent my wave wand back because I wasn’t satisfied with the results (I had to pay $12 to send it back) and I haven’t received a refund yet (its been a week and a half).

Ashley M.
Ashley M.

Did you get a tracking # on it? Once you confirm it has been received by their office, send them another email following up.

Carly

Yes, I did receive verification that their office received it on 9/8. I sent another email to them today with this information. Thanks for the suggestion.

Billie
Billieasked

I’m just wondering how I can stop the burnt hair smell after using the wave wand. I did not get heat protectant from your company as others have mentioned receiving when they purchased the wand however i am using another heat protectant. Even with the wand turned down to a low temp I still get burnt smell. Will this subside or is there something you recommend?

Billie
Billieasked

See all Bondi Boost Wave Wand questions

Get an answer from our members and Bondi Boost representatives

Features:

• The inclusion of three barrels rather than a single barrel for this styling iron means that it’s able to style three times as much hair in a single clamping motion
  • Constructed from a crystal powder tourmaline ceramic glaze, the tourmaline is naturally infused with negative ions, which add shine and prevent dryness. However the ceramic glaze is a less impressive inclusion, as it may chip away gradually over time.
  • An adjustable temperature allows you to choose between two options, 80°C or 210°C, for an application of either gentle or more direct, powerful heat (which may reduce the styling time)
  • A quick heat-up time and 3-metre cord allow for speedy styling and flexibility of movement, both of which are convenient when you’re in a rush

What reviewers loved about the Bondi Boost Wave Wand:

• The most valued aspect of this wave wand was that it worked as promised, creating gorgeous waves with a natural-looking amount of volume
  • Reviewers appreciated how this wave wand refrained from adding unwanted frizz to their hair, while keeping it shiny
  • Those with long, thick hair particularly appreciated the triple-barreled design, as it meant they didn’t spend copious amounts of time styling their hair

Some other points of feedback from reviewers:

• Some reviewers found the design of this wave wand a little bulky, which made it slightly heavy to hold while styling
  • According to some, the power and temperature buttons were in an awkward spot, and were often accidentally pressed during the styling process.
CategoryHair Stylers