Bonnington’s Irish Moss Cough Syrup

Is Irish Moss cough syrup OK with warfarin

check with your dr!!!

Ria88

Ria88asked

Is it safe to give to my son who's 18 months? He's had a cough for the past 5 days now. I've spoken to other mothers and some have said they've been giving it to their kids who are younger than 6 and have had no problems.

Doug E.
Doug E.

I am not a health professional and cannot give advise, for a child that young you should consult your doctor.
Sometimes when I have a stubborn scratchy cough I take some Bonningtons and follow up with a couple of teaspoons of good quality honey ('Beechworth'-Vic) it has a soothing effect. perhaps try a little honey with your 18 month old but small amounts only. And speak to a health pro....!

Kevinasked

I thought I remembered a cough mixture bottle label showing a defiant knight holding a sword and shield surrounded by nasty germ-like creatures at his feet. It seems this wasn't BIM, any clues from historical (I mean old) readers as to what is was?

Kevin

this seems to be a red-hot site!

Tui Alexander

Tui Alexanderasked

Does it break up the mucus in the chest

Garrett

The best way to find an answer to your question is to spend $5.00 and try it!

Not again.

Not again.asked

This ok for diabetics? Any sugars or substitutes?

Contains sucrose & glucose

Ellyasked

Why doesn't Bonningtons Irish Moss taste anything like it did back in the 1950s and 60s? Just bought some today (now owned by GlaxoSmithCline I note, cynically) and the taste of it is truly disgusting... harsh and 'chemically'. It used to have a wonderful mild aniseed/licorice taste... I've never forgotten it. So very disappointed.

Garrett

It still tastes OK and is as effective as ever! The ingredients do not contain chemicals being plant based!

Elly

I agree it is still effective; it just tastes like I've swallowed mothballs.

bones in a box
bones in a box

It is the only cough mixture I liked the taste of - being an addict of sorts of aniseed and it seems to have disappeared off the shelves recently. I must find it again.

Joey

Joeyasked

Where can I get cough medicine Irish moss? I need it for my mums cough

paulneri
paulneri

Gosh Joey, it's been a long time since I bought my Irish Moss but it may have been in Woolworths? Check out any of the major Stores inc. Coles.

Annikins
Annikins

I'm pretty sure you can get from your local Coles or similar supermarket. cheers

Albinus
Albinus

I just bought a bottle at my local IGA.

john  Macnaughton

john Macnaughtonasked

Who now produces Bonnington's Irish Moss?

john  Macnaughton
john Macnaughton

Aspen Pharmocore Australia Pty Ltd
34-36 ChandosSt St Leonards NSW 2065.
remember Sip Sip Sip