Listing monitored by Boody

Great when you first buy, but hardly lasts so not worth the price

I used to love Boody, and still do. But it seems the quality is not what you are led to believe. At first they are great, soft and comfortable. But within a few short months the elastic has completely done and made them unusable. This goes for the tights, underwear and socks I have bought from them. It's a shame as I was willing to pay more for something I thought would be more eco-friendly and that would actually last. Won't buy again.

Misti
MistiSouthwest, VIC

Not what I thought I was ordering

The underwear we bought looked good and felt good. However at the price we paid, we expected "slow fashion" - and the advertising led us to believe that we were buying a sustainable product. Sadly, the "sustainable" bamboo is blended with elastane, a plastic, making the fabric uncompostable and unrecyclable. That was disappointing, but the deal breaker was that these unsustainable clothes started to develop holes in the fabric within a year! So, fast fashion at slow fashion prices.

David Sab
David Sab

Product not worth the price.

An Aussie company that has China making its products, and cheep and poor quality at that. Where is the real Aussie company that can manufacture good quality products that last, right here in Australia. I had greedy companies.

Product Appearance Not as advertised
rjg
rjgAU

Disappointing

I have been wearing Boody underwear and my new order of briefs aren't anywhere as thick and soft as a new pair from a previous order a few years back. Very disappointing!

Ann
AnnNewcastle

Quality of Manufacturing has reduced

I have been purchasing and wearing Boody’s products since 2016 and have loved all of the undies, tops and bras that I have purchased. However, I purchased some more undies in January 2021 and within a month the waist band had deteriorated to the point where they were falling down whilst wearing them and I can’t use the x6 pairs that I purchased (Grey and Black in the 3 pack deal). I have sent photos through and Boody are currently reviewing the batch numbers etc, however, I feel product substitution has occurred by the maker or company. I am also concerned about the manufacturing in China now so will be looking for different undies that hopefully are Aussie made. A shame as the Boody products are normally top notch and so comfy.

Marion S.
Marion S.Sydney, NSW

Made in China, not that ethical

The underwear was great, the shirt I got had fluff on it after washing it once and I can only use it as pyjamas. The main issue though is that everything is made in China. I’d probably prefer North Korea over China.
I don’t see how this aligns with their values.

Sizing Slightly large
Kathy
KathySouth East Queensland, QLD

Boody Bamboo Underwear

I cannot comment on other items as I have only purchased underwear and socks but have hardly worn the socks. I bought a pair of the classic bikini underwear which seemed to be quite good. I subsequently bought multiple more as they are very comfortable and a great, flattering design. However, after a few months, they have all started to deteriorate at the front. It is seemingly quite poor quality. If they change their manufacturing to reflect the cost to create better quality items, I would reconsider purchasing again but I will not be buying from this company in the near future.

Team BoodyBoody

Classic example of over-marketed under-performing

Product Appearance Not as advertised

Padded Crop Top

I purchased the padded crop. When it arrived I loved the feel and quality of the garment. However I found it wide on the shoulders which meant it kept slipping down my shoulders which was annoying. It is also cut deep and there does not hold chest in as securely as I had hoped. I did put my review on their site however it was not published, which I find dishonest and this has influenced me purchasing further items even though I am very happy with the briefs I purchased (this review on the briefs was positive so it was published). I have also had no response from the company regarding my review, sadly.

J. Oakley
J. OakleyVictoria, 3661

Fit well - Don’t last

Very easy to purchase and a good choice. Unless you purchase a reasonable quantity they don’t wash and wear for long. Have found that the leggings are good but the undies go out of shape too quickly. Company appears to be ethical but goods made in China and I won’t buy anymore.

Quality varies A LOT, elastic stretches out quickly

I have bought a variety of Boody tops and undies over the last 5 years and while I love that they are comfy, sustainable basics, I've found the quality of the elastic varies. Some items still look fine after a couple of years, but the spaghetti straps on the cami tops stretch out really badly so that the bottom is nearly at my knees! Also one pair of briefs has lost all stretch in the waist elastic so they don't even stay on. Would have hoped for a more durable product given the focus on sustainability.

KJB
KJBIllawarra, NSW

Expensive for Chinese products of inferior design.

Find out how Boody compares to other Underwear Shops & Brands

Disappointed where they are made

The product is fine, obviously I didn’t read the fine print. I really want underwear made in Australia. Theses are made in China ☹️

tingirl1966
tingirl1966Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Unfortunately not really an Australian product.

6 of 8 items were made in China. Happy to have items made in any other country but trade issues mean I do not wish to support a country that is affecting Aussie farmers and producers. For that reason alone, I will never buy your product again. This saddens me, and my search continues for a true Australian company to support.

Geri
Geri

Great product and excellent customer service

Boody underwear is a great quality product which I have found to be really comfortable - they also have excellent customer service

Sizing Very small