Listing monitored by Bookabuy

Scott Thorncraft
Scott ThorncraftSouth East Queensland, QLD

Let down

We used bookabuy some time ago and were left rather disappointed. The site took us all the way through to purchase and subsequently let us purchase a product. We received an email a few days later saying there had been an error and that we would have to pay around another $100 to get what we had purchased. Pretty disappointed that they had offered the product and then accepted our payment, only to then say it wasn’t valid. We won’t be using bookabuy again.

MelBookabuy

Review collected in partnership with Bookabuy

Julia
Julia

Best for the Genre Faithful

I’m an avid reader with eclectic taste in fiction (literary, historical, classics, magic realism, fantasy). I’d been lusting over a subscription service in the UK so was thrilled to find one in Australia. I signed up for a monthly Mixed Genre subscription and spent lots of time filling out details of my reading tastes.

Customer service was great and I enjoyed the monthly surprise factor but didn’t have a good strike rate with the chosen titles matching my tastes. After 6 months, I opted out.

I’d recommend Bookabuy if you’re a genre-specific reader but not for those whose tastes are less predictable.

MelBookabuy