Listing monitored by Bookabuy

Georgia
GeorgiaSydney, NSW

A fun novelty!

Who doesn't love getting packages? Now add a new book too? YES PLEASE.
Although some of the titles aren't ones I would normally pick for myself, its a nice opportunity to branch out and read something new and out of my own scope of literature.
The tea is a fun inclusion too!

MelBookabuy

Thanks for your review, Georgia! We're glad you loved your monthly book packages!

Reasonably good

This box isn't full of crap like so many can be. The tea is a nice addition and can last far longer than the box itself. The books themselves, while not incredible bestsellers, are reasonably good, and for me ranged from 'meh', to 'that was pretty good'.

Other Book Shops

Serious effort to add in new titles

In my 12 months contract and my 6 months Bookabuy contracts, I received new titles all the time. Some were quite depressing. And some had significant accuracy in historical background.

MelBookabuy

Thanks for your review, Cathy! We appreciate your feedback.

John Foster
John FosterSouth East Queensland, QLD

got me in the first chapter

i like the twists and changes a lot of crime writers use and this one is up there with the best. i have read a lot of michael connolly and john grisham and also james patterson.. but jeff lindsay certainly gets you in.

MelBookabuy

Thanks for your review, John! We're glad you loved your book!

Book Shops

Find out how Bookabuy compares to other Book Shops

Anon
AnonSydney, NSW

Perfect gift for an avid reader

A great concept well executed. Customer focus and service are excellent. Book choices spot on. One very happy recipient. Could only be improved by offering a discount to returning customers.

Review collected in partnership with Bookabuy

Great idea to encourage reading.

I was able to read some great books that I would not have otherwise picked up.
However, I think a feedback system where you can review the book that was sent would help to ensure satisfaction with further reads.

Review collected in partnership with Bookabuy

Good service if you enjoy reading!

Bookabuy isn’t a pretty good service if you enjoy reading books and are able to read them quickly. Having a book delivered that you may not have looked at before was really good and allowed me to explore new titles. The cost is the only issue I have as I can not afford $30+ per book. If cost is not an issue than the ease of having a new book at your door every month through bookabuy may be for you!

Julia
Julia

Best for the Genre Faithful

I’m an avid reader with eclectic taste in fiction (literary, historical, classics, magic realism, fantasy). I’d been lusting over a subscription service in the UK so was thrilled to find one in Australia. I signed up for a monthly Mixed Genre subscription and spent lots of time filling out details of my reading tastes.

Customer service was great and I enjoyed the monthly surprise factor but didn’t have a good strike rate with the chosen titles matching my tastes. After 6 months, I opted out.

I’d recommend Bookabuy if you’re a genre-specific reader but not for those whose tastes are less predictable.