2Booking.com

Booking.com Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Booking.com? Claim your listing.
Adrienne Y.
Adrienne Y.

One funny thing I noticed with booking.com. Might line up with the many experiences of reviewers here, about booking cancellations. I tried to book direct with a number of Singapore hotels and could not, because they were all booked up. An example is Somerset Bencoolen. My fault for last minute booking of accommodation. Then I went onto booking.com and voila, those hotels were shown as "available". I wonder why that is. A delay in communication between hotel and booking.com ? If I had booked through booking.com, no doubt the booking would have been cancelled due to the fact that the hotel itself was showing no vacancy on its own website. Or else the booking date would have changed to a time when the hotel had vacancy. Then money would have been taken out of my account no doubt, even with the cancellation on their part. It was for 14 days so well over $4000. Thank goodness I read reviews first before committing that amount of money. Thank you everyone, Your efforts have paid off by preventing more people from falling into this hole.

David
David

Hi ..
Been looking to book accommodation, Amsterdam, Budapest and Prague plus more for next year 2024 August to October
I need an explanation Why from yesterday to today the price jump up $400 in 1 properly in Amsterdam

SFA
SFA

Need To arrange extra baggage before booking a flight and having difficulty as to how plesae provide information or contact number

Sydney to Denpasar Bali, Denpasar Bali to Ho Chi Minh City, Siem Reap to Sydney

Sydney (SYD) to Denpasar Bali (DPS)
Tue 19 Dec · 06:35 - Tue 19 Dec · 10:00
Direct · 6h 25m · Economy
Direct 6 hours 25 minutes Economy

View flight details
VietJet Aviation
Denpasar Bali (DPS) to Ho Chi Minh City (SGN)
Sat 23 Dec · 15:35 - Sat 23 Dec · 18:25
Direct · 3h 50m · Economy
Direct 3 hours 50 minutes Economy

View flight details
Air Asia
Airasiax SDN BHD
Siem Reap (REP) to Sydney (SYD)
Fri 5 Jan · 15:05 - Sat 6 Jan · 10:35
1 stop · 15h 30m · Economy

Marcella

We made 3 bookings for Milan and surrounding areas yesterday for the second week in August with the free cancellation option. Almost immediately the money was transferred from our account.
It went to Booking Experiences Amsterdam NLD. Just need to know if this is genuine or was I scammed? I sent three emails about each tour to Booking.com last night enquiring about this… no answer. Today have been on the phone for nearly 3 hours… transferred to supposed specialists, got cut off three times and the fourth still no resolution and will be contacted within the next 48 hours. Why is it so difficult to get an answer????? We go to Europe on the weekend and I have made all our hotel reservations through Booking.con and this is the first problems we have encountered. All I want to know if
Booking Experiences Amsterdam is genuine?

Sissy

I’m sorry I can’t answer for your situation, all I can say is my booking cancellation was not honoured , I’ve spent months trying to communicate, I have emails saying I would get a refund, that was eight months ago, they are a disgrace.

Booking.com is a scam
They are legal scammers. Office of Amsterdam is original and genuine but the genuine office is scamming people with its hundreds of scammers. If you call them they will put you on hold for minimum 15 minutes.
Don’t give your any card or bank details to the booking.com
Millions of people are scammed by booking.com

Marcella

Booking Experiences Amsterdam is genuine?

Kam
Kam

Their customer service is the worst. You will never get a proper answer. They will sympathise with you and act as if they are going to resolve the issue in the next 5 minutes but you will never hear from them ever again. I had an issue with my booking where the hotel cancelled the booking before I arrived there and booking.com did not help me out at all and I ended up losing all my money for 4 nights stay in Paris and had to make alternate arrangements myself. For any queries, I would recommend getting in touch with the property directly. But never use booking.com, just book directly with the property. If there are any issues, booking.com will never help you out and their customer service will just boil your blood.

Danny H.

I wonder whether other people, watching utube, are absolutely sick of the booking.com adverts ?
It annoys me that much, that the last place I'd go for holiday bookings, are them !!!
Inundated with their adverts, that I'm sure drive people away from using them...

Sissy

Sorry I booked on google, haven’t seen the adverts Danny.

Danny H.

Utube are just inundated with booking.com adverts.... turned me right off them !!

Su Kim W.
Su Kim W.

How do I retrieve my booking

Caz
Caz

Hi, we booked a Covent Garden apartment in London through Booking.com after exhaustive research. The booking was non-refundable but based on the photos and amenity detail supplied, we were ok with that as it met our needs. However, the confirmation email sent by Booking.com had a link to the property and when we clicked on it a month later, the apartment we thought we had booked, looked completely different and had different specs. In fact, there is another apartment listed with a slightly different name with exactly the same photos. We believe we have been scammed; booking.com simply send an email verifying from the owner that it exists and the owner doesn't respond. They then ask that we contact the owner. So I Whatsapped the guy who REFUSED to supply the 'real' photos or documentation confirming the amenities. He did admit though that the photos were changed. He also won't refund. I involved AMEX asking for a chargeback and supplied all the discrepancies, communication with the owner, links to the two different properties but they simply 'query' the charge with Booking.com who say it was a 'genuine' charge and AMEX have closed the case saying all is well. We do not want to turn up on the other side of the world to find our accommodation doesn't exist or is well below par. Can anyone recommend how we proceed next?

annoyed
annoyed

Contact Fair Trading. We have had to go through this method to get a refund on a filthy property that was sub standard and they over charged us. Booking. Com are useless.

Shah

You can’t do anything because the booking.com is involve in all scams, it is hand in hand with scammers.
These days in market booking.com is the biggest scammer with the highest number of scammers with it.
Even, if you call in booking.com’s genuine head office even they will try to steal more money and your sensitive bank details from you, first they will hang you on phone for minimum 15 minutes and after that they will start to scam you with words.
Try to avoid this scam company booking.com !

Moesha M.
Moesha M.

I cancelled by mistake and refund will take how long?

Miro
Miro

I presume you’re bullying customers

Not Happy
Not Happy

No, I am a customer .... who's frustrated by a total lack of response from Booking.com.

tig  Lou
tig Lou

Why are you not paying your hosts for months now ? Booking is bankrupt ? Google search : hosts not get paid by booking.com

Allan
Allan

Yeah hi Tig. Thanks for the advice.
All I can say is that it was a learning experience for me on the sneaky ways that Bookings.com operates. I guess you have to be treated poorly by a service provider before you learn your lesson

Shah

Booking.com is scamming on both sides; hosts and guests
These days in this market the booking.com is the biggest scammer, but we don’t know why authorities are not taking action against this company which scammed millions of people.

Lynda R.
Lynda R.

Kismet B & B is a very sub standard place to stay. Why do you allow them to use your service?

PeteF

I made a local booking this year ie the same country (Australia) I paid by Paypal as Booking.com offered that as an alternative. I have now been hit with a large "international transaction fee" as their "payments Division" is in the Netherlands!!!!! Booking.com refuse to do anything about this. No mention on their website at the point of booking. Anyone else been stung like this recently?

ashley
ashley

Call booking.com customer service and tell them the dispute. They helped me.

PeteF

Thanks Ashley, I sent them a number of emails with no result. The first time they simply bounced the whole thing to the hotel and falsely said that I was claiming that I had been overcharged. The hotel then had a go at my daughter which didn't please me. They ignored my next emails except to say that they always bill through the Netherlands - full stop, I'm now battling with the bank to reverse this ridiculous charge caused by Booking.com's failure to properly disclose that there would be an overseas charge ie from booking in one state of Australia for a hotel in a different state. I have put hundreds of bookings through them and never again. Cheers

Mel
Mel

Cancel your booking with booking.com and call the hotel to book with them directly.

PeteF

This has already transpired a number of months ago. I am now trying to get back the "overseas transaction fee'' charged by my bank because Booking .com route every sodding thing through The Netherlands.
In future I will book direct. Thx

Sarah
Sarah

I have just had the same thing occur, booked a hotel within Victoria and I live in Victoria, have been stung with an international transaction fee, and I can't find a single thing on booking.com about their payments all going through an overseas location. I too will NEVER use booking.com again!!

Trent - Australia
Trent - Australia

We have had the same thing happen twice. About 18 months ago we were hit with an ‘international transaction fee’ from booking.com even though it was in the same currency (Aust dollars). They were deliberately evasive when we tried chased to chase it up through the chat and email service, and it was impossible to actually talk to someone. Recently used the booking.com app and the same thing has happened. More run-around and deliberate evasiveness- can’t even send screenshots of our bank statement to verify their unlawful charge. Will never using booking.com or any of the associated companies such as Agoda, Kayak, Priceline etc again. Suggest you do the same as this scam is a deliberate strategy.

PeteF

Thx Trent. I have also recently found their pricing strategy deceptive. I am a so called "Genius" member and as such am supposed to receive discounts on booking etc. In the past this has worked very well with overseas bookings etc.
Last month we were going to Canberra for 4 nights and I checked on Booking dot com re pricing. One hotel had a rack rate quoted by B..com at around $1,300 for an apartment for 4 nights but with my discount was down to $1,120 - a big saving. I phoned the hotel direct and they could give me the exact same room for the same period for $975.00. Naturally I booked direct. The hotel had also told me that if I phoned the next day between 1200 and 1.00 pm I would receive an additional 10% (included in the $975).

This is not the first time I have encountered this.
As far as I am concerned Booking dot com are deceptive and misleading and I will never use them again except for comparison. They really need to be investigated by Fair Trading.

Brenton C.
Brenton C.

Refunds taking so long is not right for customer service quick to take your money

ruth

what email address is the best,i want booking.com to refund us for our hotel stay in Bali which didn't happen,hotel is offering a credit but who knows when we will ever travel,we want a refund!

Robbie17
Robbie17

Sorry Ruth, I’ve never been able to communicate with a human being at Booking.com. Suggest that you cut your losses and NEVER use them again. Booking. Com is ‘based’ in the Netherlands - good luck getting justice.

ruth

on the phone to someone right now,who keeps talking over the top of me,ready to murder

not prepared to lose $1,600.00

Laura S.
Laura S.

What is a contact number for a refund

sharon
sharon

02 9255 9200, they finally refunded!, getting angry and being tenacious worked.

Peter

Thanks for sharing the number Sharon. I'll be calling them tomorrow.

Mike S.
Mike S.

is there a way to ring or email booking.com directly

Mark

I also have a booking with Booking.com and they refuse to refund. I paid with my credit card can I claim the money back through them?

Warwick
Warwick

You will probably have to check with the provider of your card

sjhanlon
sjhanlon

booking .com are playing hard ball and not refunding monies paid , they have 100's of agents world wide that they use , same as trivago etc , they wipe their hands of every thing and make you take up the case with their agent , go to your bank and start a dispute through them for monies to be refunded , booking .com are scavengers and are just profiteering from covid19 , no one should in the future use these booking agents , just book straight with the owners BEWARE of all these booking agents

Mark

Thankfully my credit card provider is now in the process to recover my reservation fees.

Mark

Still waiting for a refund through my credit card. I was asked to rate the hotel. Replied can’t as resort cancelled on me. Resort replied I was a no show. Even now when you go to the resorts website it states temporarily closed. Booking.com and resort illegally keeping my money. This is the type of company that should be closed down.

Mark

Awaiting claim form to come in the post from Santander to start an official dispute to get my money back.

Hi Booking.com

I’ve already contacted the accommodation directly however they requested additional payment to cancel. I feel this is unreasonable, I am being forced to cancel my trip due to Covid-19, and therefore would like my refund for the accommodation. Can you please advise whether you can organize this?
confirmation # 2203141796

hobo
hobo

why do you not refund our $500 booking .com. couldnt care less why

Majianne
Majianne

Because they can, and do, get away with it. The only thing we can do is to tell as many people as we can about our terrible treatment. Tell people never to book with them again. I certainly won’t ever give them my business again.

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Booking.com? Claim your listing.
Odynovo