Booking.com

1.5 from 1,484 reviews

36 questions from our users

Laura S.

Laura S.asked

What is a contact number for a refund

sharon
sharon

02 9255 9200, they finally refunded!, getting angry and being tenacious worked.

Peter

Thanks for sharing the number Sharon. I'll be calling them tomorrow.

Mike S.

Mike S.asked

is there a way to ring or email booking.com directly

Markasked

I also have a booking with Booking.com and they refuse to refund. I paid with my credit card can I claim the money back through them?

Warwick
Warwick

You will probably have to check with the provider of your card

sjhanlon
sjhanlon

booking .com are playing hard ball and not refunding monies paid , they have 100's of agents world wide that they use , same as trivago etc , they wipe their hands of every thing and make you take up the case with their agent , go to your bank and start a dispute through them for monies to be refunded , booking .com are scavengers and are just profiteering from covid19 , no one should in the future use these booking agents , just book straight with the owners BEWARE of all these booking agents

Mark

Thankfully my credit card provider is now in the process to recover my reservation fees.

Irena

Irenaasked

Hi Booking.com

I’ve already contacted the accommodation directly however they requested additional payment to cancel. I feel this is unreasonable, I am being forced to cancel my trip due to Covid-19, and therefore would like my refund for the accommodation. Can you please advise whether you can organize this?
confirmation # 2203141796
Irena

hobo

hoboasked

why do you not refund our $500 booking .com. couldnt care less why

Majianne
Majianne

Because they can, and do, get away with it. The only thing we can do is to tell as many people as we can about our terrible treatment. Tell people never to book with them again. I certainly won’t ever give them my business again.

Singhasked

Never Book a Hotel when the Booking Calendar is already "Pre-Checked" with a date other than your own Proposed date of Travel. Agoda, Booking Com Calendars are Pre-Checked with a dates of Hotel Stays.... When you change your proposed Travel date to Book the Hotel rooms and you make the payment the date can automatically reverse back to the "Pre-Booked" marked by the Hotel or the Booking agencies...Then to change the dates of your Proposed Travel, Booking agencies will ask for more money as a Penalty....I have noticed Hotel.Com calendar is not marked with Pre-Booked dates.....Be Careful.

Singhasked

tycoel
tycoel

More evidence of Booking Holdings fraudulent, immoral practices. They own Agoda too. Whereas hotel.com is owned by Expedia. I've learnt a valuable lesson and that is to never use another on of booking.com's companies and to never pay in advance for accommodation.

Singh

Agoda and Booking Com are crooks....They have "Pre-Dated" their Booking Calendar. Once you change the date of your choice, it is reversed back to the original
"Pre-Checked" date and to change the date they will charge your more money....Only book through an agency where there is no date is Pre-Checked on their Calendar like Hotel.Com...

Singh

Better Book your Hotel at the Airport of Your Destination...These Hotel Agencies are Crooks....

Dreamqueenasked

Is it normal to book a hotel through booking.com and have a $0 fee on bank transaction from "Booking.com Amsterdam"??
Is this normal procedure or scam?
Unsure as I have never booked through them before

Angry Grandma
Angry Grandma

Hi dream queen, that’s not something I have come across before with bookings.com! When my booking was messed up I received an email from them telling me no amount had been charged to my credit card! Hope that helps!

Any help is appreciated,

I've emailed booking.com and they will not answer my question,
Its absolutely ridiculous, So far it's only been a $0.00 transaction from the "booking.com amsterdam"
And the hotel has taken half of their monies,

I'm hoping it was just to make sure that it was legit bank account details.

Lauren R
Lauren R

I did recently when I updated my bank card, I assume it is just to check the bank card is valid prior to the stay

Mich

Michasked

Can anyone tell me what "city tax" is for and why we pay that as well as gst?

Nalin N.

Nalin N.asked

What happens if we don’t want to stay at the accommodation we booked at due to not what we anticipated on how the place is.

Alan Smith
Alan Smith

Nalin, I strongly suspect that you would need to take the matter up directly with the accommodation place — booking.com, being just the booking agent, would be unlikely to accept any responsibility. In any case, my experience of booking.com is that they are very difficult to deal with when you have a problem — long waits on the phone before you get to talk to someone, and they're inclined to argue the "fine print" rather than listening sympathetically to the issue. That's the reason I've stopped booking through them.

Shanelle Lawrence
Shanelle Lawrence

Like Alan said that would be an issue you bring up with the accommodation themselves.. But in saying that if you do your research properly you shouldn't run into this problem..

Rodney
Rodney

I agree with Shanelle. Booking through sites like these you are sometimes booking private accommodation. It can be rewardingly good or sometimes require a little adjustment of expectations. All part of the joy of travel.

Donessia M.

Donessia M.asked

When we write a review are we protected from legal action? I have been threatened by the manager of a hostel I stayed in that he and the owner would take legal action against me, because he did not like my review. Are we not allowed voice our concerns over a holiday booking? This is very scary and threatening to me. It is also the first negative review I have ever done in over many years with booking.com. Any answers?

Denise W.

Denise W.asked

Stayed in an Apartment that offered washing machine plus change of linen after three days
As there was 6 of us and staying 4 days washing machine was a necessity
The machine door was broken and obviously for awhile as was quite mouldy
No change of linen happened
Bath when emptied came up through drain hole in floor
Extremely disappointed
The list goes on
What do I do from here
Help

Kathie D.
Kathie D.

Can’t get hold of anyone terrible !!never use them again Should have customer service in place

HHH

HHHasked

Why do the staff at booking.com lie to you constantly? Why is it so hard to contact them? Why do they take your money and not make a booking? Why are they allowed to even exist and trade in Australia?

HHH

HHHasked

Why is booking.com so bad, is it because their based overseas, extremely hard to contact and speak to after waiting 30min on hold on an international number to resolve their mistakes?

Johnno

Johnnoasked

How do i get money back for a apartement that i could not use due to owner failing to provide keys

GGG
GGG

Contact booking.com directly. It’s the only way.

Milad S.

Milad S.asked

Hi my property owner asked for payment be cash on the arrival. just wondering if I pay it in cash how can I prove that I paid it?

Kel

Kelasked

I made a reservation in Thailand through book.com and the reservation stated, 'Book now. Pay later'
I didn't put in any credit card details for the booking, however I have made other reservations through the site where I have entered my card details. I want to cancel the reservation in Thailand. It states that if I cancel then I will be charged the entire reservation amount. Will they send my credit card details from other reservations to the hotel and charge me? Because I haven't given consent for that.

Linn

Linnasked

I came to casa Ram in Medellin when came there my confirmation said I pay 352 000 col .They could not take a credit card so I payed 418000 col.they said for taxes is this how it works

Davidasked

Hi. My question is about a booking I made on line for the Comfort Inn in Perth W.A. Australia for the night of 22nd February 2019. I thought I was successful to book a room for 1 for this night but have had no confirmation and we have had satellite problems with the internet. I need to be close to Perth Airport. Could someone please check if I have this booking please? Faye Roots is my name and I have had a bookings here before. Thank you.

LilyG
LilyG

Don't bother with Booking.com
Just go directly through hotels websites. I recently booked through Booking.com and then found out they charged me a higher rate for my apartment than it stated on the hotel's website!! Booking.com would not honour their price matching (find it cheaper somewhere else theory) because I'd booked the only apartment of its kind so they couldn't check the price even though I sent them a link to the website which stated a price for 'off peak' and a price for 'peak'. What more do they really need to know!
Their reply, in no way at all, related to anything I was pointing out.

David

An update. I did try to go directly to hotel but was told I could not get the price that I had been offered by Booking.com ... Their advice to me was go through the channels I had previously booked. I am happy to report back here that I was successful in CONFIRMING the booking I had made with Booking.com at the price I had been told. This time I did receive an e-mail confirmation . It is always better to question and try all options if you find info is not CONFIRMED.

Jojo

Jojoasked

If i pay the property before I paid booking.com will i get charged twice?