Booking.com

Booking.com Questions & Answers

1.6 from 1,212 reviews

31 questions from our users

Singhasked

Never Book a Hotel when the Booking Calendar is already "Pre-Checked" with a date other than your own Proposed date of Travel. Agoda, Booking Com Calendars are Pre-Checked with a dates of Hotel Stays.... When you change your proposed Travel date to Book the Hotel rooms and you make the payment the date can automatically reverse back to the "Pre-Booked" marked by the Hotel or the Booking agencies...Then to change the dates of your Proposed Travel, Booking agencies will ask for more money as a Penalty....I have noticed Hotel.Com calendar is not marked with Pre-Booked dates.....Be Careful.

Singhasked

tycoel
tycoel

More evidence of Booking Holdings fraudulent, immoral practices. They own Agoda too. Whereas hotel.com is owned by Expedia. I've learnt a valuable lesson and that is to never use another on of booking.com's companies and to never pay in advance for accommodation.

Singh

Agoda and Booking Com are crooks....They have "Pre-Dated" their Booking Calendar. Once you change the date of your choice, it is reversed back to the original
"Pre-Checked" date and to change the date they will charge your more money....Only book through an agency where there is no date is Pre-Checked on their Calendar like Hotel.Com...

Singh

Better Book your Hotel at the Airport of Your Destination...These Hotel Agencies are Crooks....

Dreamqueenasked

Is it normal to book a hotel through booking.com and have a $0 fee on bank transaction from "Booking.com Amsterdam"??
Is this normal procedure or scam?
Unsure as I have never booked through them before

Angry Grandma
Angry Grandma

Hi dream queen, that’s not something I have come across before with bookings.com! When my booking was messed up I received an email from them telling me no amount had been charged to my credit card! Hope that helps!

Any help is appreciated,

I've emailed booking.com and they will not answer my question,
Its absolutely ridiculous, So far it's only been a $0.00 transaction from the "booking.com amsterdam"
And the hotel has taken half of their monies,

I'm hoping it was just to make sure that it was legit bank account details.

Lauren R
Lauren R

I did recently when I updated my bank card, I assume it is just to check the bank card is valid prior to the stay

Mich

Michasked

Can anyone tell me what "city tax" is for and why we pay that as well as gst?

Nalin N.

Nalin N.asked

What happens if we don’t want to stay at the accommodation we booked at due to not what we anticipated on how the place is.

Alan Smith
Alan Smith

Nalin, I strongly suspect that you would need to take the matter up directly with the accommodation place — booking.com, being just the booking agent, would be unlikely to accept any responsibility. In any case, my experience of booking.com is that they are very difficult to deal with when you have a problem — long waits on the phone before you get to talk to someone, and they're inclined to argue the "fine print" rather than listening sympathetically to the issue. That's the reason I've stopped booking through them.

Shanelle Lawrence
Shanelle Lawrence

Like Alan said that would be an issue you bring up with the accommodation themselves.. But in saying that if you do your research properly you shouldn't run into this problem..

Rodney
Rodney

I agree with Shanelle. Booking through sites like these you are sometimes booking private accommodation. It can be rewardingly good or sometimes require a little adjustment of expectations. All part of the joy of travel.

Donessia M.

Donessia M.asked

When we write a review are we protected from legal action? I have been threatened by the manager of a hostel I stayed in that he and the owner would take legal action against me, because he did not like my review. Are we not allowed voice our concerns over a holiday booking? This is very scary and threatening to me. It is also the first negative review I have ever done in over many years with booking.com. Any answers?

Denise W.

Denise W.asked

Stayed in an Apartment that offered washing machine plus change of linen after three days
As there was 6 of us and staying 4 days washing machine was a necessity
The machine door was broken and obviously for awhile as was quite mouldy
No change of linen happened
Bath when emptied came up through drain hole in floor
Extremely disappointed
The list goes on
What do I do from here
Help

Kathie D.
Kathie D.

Can’t get hold of anyone terrible !!never use them again Should have customer service in place

HHH

HHHasked

Why do the staff at booking.com lie to you constantly? Why is it so hard to contact them? Why do they take your money and not make a booking? Why are they allowed to even exist and trade in Australia?

HHH

HHHasked

Why is booking.com so bad, is it because their based overseas, extremely hard to contact and speak to after waiting 30min on hold on an international number to resolve their mistakes?

Johnno

Johnnoasked

How do i get money back for a apartement that i could not use due to owner failing to provide keys

GGG
GGG

Contact booking.com directly. It’s the only way.

Milad S.

Milad S.asked

Hi my property owner asked for payment be cash on the arrival. just wondering if I pay it in cash how can I prove that I paid it?

Kel

Kelasked

I made a reservation in Thailand through book.com and the reservation stated, 'Book now. Pay later'
I didn't put in any credit card details for the booking, however I have made other reservations through the site where I have entered my card details. I want to cancel the reservation in Thailand. It states that if I cancel then I will be charged the entire reservation amount. Will they send my credit card details from other reservations to the hotel and charge me? Because I haven't given consent for that.

Linn

Linnasked

I came to casa Ram in Medellin when came there my confirmation said I pay 352 000 col .They could not take a credit card so I payed 418000 col.they said for taxes is this how it works

Davidasked

Hi. My question is about a booking I made on line for the Comfort Inn in Perth W.A. Australia for the night of 22nd February 2019. I thought I was successful to book a room for 1 for this night but have had no confirmation and we have had satellite problems with the internet. I need to be close to Perth Airport. Could someone please check if I have this booking please? Faye Roots is my name and I have had a bookings here before. Thank you.

LilyG
LilyG

Don't bother with Booking.com
Just go directly through hotels websites. I recently booked through Booking.com and then found out they charged me a higher rate for my apartment than it stated on the hotel's website!! Booking.com would not honour their price matching (find it cheaper somewhere else theory) because I'd booked the only apartment of its kind so they couldn't check the price even though I sent them a link to the website which stated a price for 'off peak' and a price for 'peak'. What more do they really need to know!
Their reply, in no way at all, related to anything I was pointing out.

David

An update. I did try to go directly to hotel but was told I could not get the price that I had been offered by Booking.com ... Their advice to me was go through the channels I had previously booked. I am happy to report back here that I was successful in CONFIRMING the booking I had made with Booking.com at the price I had been told. This time I did receive an e-mail confirmation . It is always better to question and try all options if you find info is not CONFIRMED.

Jojo

Jojoasked

If i pay the property before I paid booking.com will i get charged twice?

Kelly

Kellyasked

Is it normal to have your passport details requested after your arrival at a destination? Have used booking .com often before and don't remember giving these details. Just a bit unsure

EVS
EVS

Certainly not in Australia or the UK. I've used booking.com all over them and never been asked for them. I wouldn't give them as that's all that is needed to steal your ID.

Illusion2000
Illusion2000

It depends where you are travelling. In most of Europe you are required to provide id as part of the booking process. It is the law in those countries.

Westmount
Westmount

Seems to depend on the property - in my experience it is more common in the higher end places which I assume is them protecting themselves against fraud or damage, doesn't seem to be as much of an issue in the cheaper 'just for a night' motel type places. They should make it clear in their conditions anyway - just make sure you read the fine print before booking/staying.

midget

midgetasked

had booked a hoilday in queenstown 6 months ago called to check about time i could check in only to find out that the booking was not there called hoilday club to let them know they said they couldnt get anything in queenstown although there is rooms in hotels available but they wont pay . They think it ok to put one hour away in hills what could we do?

Hava52
Hava52

I don't know how I can help all I know is bookings.com are rogues and you will get no assistance from them. I don't know what consumer affairs are like in your state because in Victoria they are usless. It depends how far you want to go.

Cha B
Cha B

My opinion probably doesn’t mean much now I guess but we haven’t had any issues with Booking.com have a trip to New Zealand booked later this year will keep you posted Cha B

cha

chaasked

I am just wondering if booking.com is legit? I don't care if the hotel I booked is crap or if I get a small booking fee or if I can't cancel my room as long as when I get to the place there is a room for me.

Jackrabbit
Jackrabbit

My first time with Booking.com my room is booked after i rang the hotel to find out why I was charged the full amount 3 weeks before arrival Booking assured me pay on arrival, shortfalls in other areas too.

Indahim
Indahim

I used booking . Com to book a room at Estana Cherating, Malaysia. When I turned up at 10 pm, hotel staff said they did not have my reservation on the list. Can you imagine this happening at night in foreign land. I don't know if they are legitimate or not. I used them once before with no problem. Now I will contact the accommodation facility directly . I don't mind paying a little extra as long as I have peace in my mind.

Russell
Russell

I found them out to be lying to me on my dealings with them are you still chasing answers truly where is the point of this exercise?

Vita

Vitaasked

My booking confirmation says all taxes and fees included, but when i checked in I was requested to pay aditional local tax (Rome)! Is it a standard practice?

mimmiiaa
mimmiiaa

I guess it is in Italy. There is always a city tax that is payable directly at the hotel to be collected by the local council/municipality

Billy

Billyasked

When booking with Booking.com does my credit card get charged by Booking.com or does the hotel charge me?

Tim B
Tim B

Avoid Booking.com.

eddy
eddy

The charge on your card goes directly to the hotel, but the resposibilities associated with your reservation rest solely with bookin.com and any issues relating to your reservation should be taken up with booking.com.

Else J
Else J

Sofar I always payed at the hotel