4.8 from 31,423 reviews

1.9

• Return Claim MadeYes (37) · No

scandaliciousRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Not happy at all

Ordered a textbook 3.5 weeks ago. Wasn’t delivered, so I followed it up. Now they’re claiming that I ordered an ebook when in fact I ordered a physical book. They’re showing a receipt for a product I didn’t order. Be very careful.

scandalicious

I’ve sorted a refund after being accused of being a liar from your staff which is VERY unprofessional from your staff.

Mick J.

Mick J.Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

Solid Online Textbook Store

Have purchased several ebooks books from them. Slightly cheaper than most. Offer AfterPay, which is great for students. I had a slight issue with one book but the issue was resolved fast and efficiently. Highly recommended.

Jacinta H.Central West, NSW

Customer Service Terrible, Poor Returns Policy

Worst customer service ever

Ordered a few books, received them, turned out one was ordered in error, first of all needed to ask "permission" to send items back. Received word back probably 9 days after first contact was made. Couldn't reach them by phone, had to email them. After 9 days received word that I couldn't return the item based on their "recently changed return policy". What a waste of a company, will never shop with them again.

Poor Service

Book was purchased in early, well before the pandemic restrictions. I brought through booktopia due to feeling like I was supporting local. The book was apparently in stock. Over 25 days later no book. Requested refund. Now over 35 days later the instock book has been cancelled and a refund will be issued 'when we can'

Order#: 10723843
I still do not have a initial update, let alone when I can expect the refund to buy the book elsewhere.

Fiona G

Fiona GBrisbane

Great prices and service

I've placed several orders with Booktopia. The website is easy, and all orders have been delivered on time. On the one occasion I received an incorrect order their customer service was very easy to deal with, friendly, apologetic and sorted out the order very promptly with no inconvenience to me. Highly recommend.

Very unhappy

Very unhappySydney, NSW

Dreadful customer service

Awful customer service- their Live Chat was not working and because of THEIR delay in getting back to me to cancel an order, they penalised me with my request to cancel the order. DO NOT USE THEM! Very inflexible and extremely petty, citing the fact that my Live Chat message did not explicitly contain the words ‘cancel’. The fault was with their faulty Live Chat function, yet they did not apologise for this and instead refused to allow me to cancel!

Kellie

KellieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Appalling Service

The worst customer service I have ever experienced. Purchased multiple books and have contacted them over a dozen times in the pats week requesting an invoice for my order, but no response. I have tried calling and they do not answer their phone, live chat is always offline. It is hopeless trying to contact these people. I have still not received an invoice. Furthermore, they refuse to refund items that are not as they are described. I will never shop with Booktopia again. Very dissapointing.

bianca d.Hunter Region, NSW

wouldn't recommend.

They took payment for two copies when I only added one to my cart. I noticed once I received the order and they won't refund, only a store credit. They also removed the promo code I had added to my order.
didn't respond to emails and had to live chat with them.

hey thanks, I would appreciate that: 10656297

Sara

SaraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Booktopia customer service

Ordered a book for mother-in-law, was sent the audiobook. Contacted customer care to arrange an exchange/store-credit. was refused & ignored. She’s hearing impaired so it’s useless. Wont purchase from here again

SEVicSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Terrible Customer Service

I ordered a book which arrived quickly. Upon the arrival of the book, I found the cover (both front and back) were damaged as well as printing smears inside. I emailed the customer services twice and received no response. I called up and was asked to email through images after they were sent several days went by with no response. I had to email a fourth time to finally get a response.

Simply terrible that it required four emails and one phone call to sort it out. Never again.

SEVic

Order 10591103 apparently they are refunding but I have received no email confirming this has taken place

AutumnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Refused refund

I had ordered 3 items whilst in hospital.
I have PTSD due to being seriously assaulted by a patient at work, im a Nurse, therefore my memory is very poor. One of the items was Flowerpaedia which I bought for my friends birthday. She had actually been given the same book at Christmas. As I have bought many items from you in the past, the policy of no refund I find very upsetting. I certainly will not be buying from Booktopia ever again

Hi David, it was 10525999 Thankyou

RootingKingOakden

Appallingly bad customer service

Frequently slow delivery, shocking policies and appalling customer service. The temerity of the patronising and condescending customer service staff is astounding. I won’t be going back. I have used them a few times with slow delivery, a number of books arrived with some damage, titles often out of stock and long delays on delivery. The straw that broke the dromedary was the ‘service’ I received on my most recent order. I have had fraudsters offer better service.

Barb

Slow service and non refundable

I purchased a 3r edition book, as my order was shipped 4th edition was released. I contacted Booktopia asking to upgrade to the 4th ed, returning the unopened book at my expense back to them and paying the extra for the new book. After 2 weeks I had not heard back so I contacted them in person and was told that they would not do the exchange. I will not purchase book from Booktopia again as this is not what I would consider good customer service.

Hi David,
The order number is 10373013. The book is ethics and laws for nurses 3rd edition

KatieGoldfields, WA

Be aware of refund policy!

I bought a Christmas present for my Mother which turned out to be the incorrect book when she opened it. Booktopia would not accept it for a credit exchange as their returns policy was strict & "too much time had passed" despite my Christmas present explanation & that it was in perfect, unread condition.
Given my purchase history with them, this was very disappointing & it certainly rules out any present purchasing from them in the future.

Katie

Hi, sorry about the late reply as I have been on holidays. My oreder number was 9818449.
Regards

Misleading and frustrating

Clare
Clare

Sam49SYDNEY

A Great Business Lost Its Mojo

Sam49

I'd like to say that I made two phone calls and three chats in order to resolve this hence I did not take up the option here to mediate. I understand it's a busy time of year for you and indeed stated that in almost every exchange until today.

Sam49

David, at this juncture I do not want a thing aside from PayPal showing Booktopia has commenced the refund. It is still not showing: 10053285

Melissa

MelissaSutton, 2617

No Response from Customer Services

Had an issue when I received my recent order. Like another reviewer I tried to contact them via live chat and they were offline. So tried to email but have gotten NO response and its been over two weeks. Also tried calling and got left on hold for well over 30 mins so gave up. I will not buy again from this company as it is impossible to get customer service when there is an issue.

Patton

PattonCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Order Not Processed

Ordered books on 18.11.19, received 3 e-mails confirming books sourced from suppliers and will receive with 7- 10 days. Sent an e-mail after 14 days enquiring after order, no reply. Rang after 16 days, on hold twice for over 10 minutes. Used 'chat' service, took 30 minutes to find books have NOT been sourced, could give no answer if they would ever be available, cancelled order. This looks like bait advertising and misleading & decepetive conduct to me. Let you know if and when I ever get refund.

DavidBooktopia

Would not buy a book from booktopia

Purchased a book from booktopia. Waited my 2-3 weeks for delivery only to receive an email on my final day, saying the book would not be back in stock for another 6 weeks. Emailed for a refund, no reply. Ened up messaging them on live chat before finally getting a response and a refund.