Boori Newport Bassinet

Boori Newport Bassinet

See the Best Bassinets / Cradles in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great but the wheels are useless

Great product very sturdy, however the wheels are very bad quality and get jammed constantly. Best not rely on them, I have found myself tipping into two wheel at night trying to bring my little one closer but the wheels always jam so I have to stand up and lift it over as if it didn’t have wheels to ensure her safety.

Very glad I bought this - am still using it for baby at 6 months old.

The Boori Bassinet, albeit the Newport, Madison or Rosedale versions, is basically a small, mobile version of their large cots.
It is made from solid timber and is very sturdy.
I have the white version and have found the painted finish has been durable.
The castor wheels enable me to wheel it between rooms, which was one of the main reasons I purchased it.
The mattress has a zip off cover which can be machine washed.
I discovered that the flexible mesh bassinet walls allow the baby to be gently rocked using my knee, whilst I stand settling baby.
The shelf underneath is very useful to place clothes/linen, etc. and was another main reason for purchase.
This is a large bassinet and I am still using it for my baby who is 6 months old.
Being made from solid timber, it is a bit on the heavy side and 'steering' it from room to room takes both hands and a bit of effort. Also the larger size means that typical bassinet linen may not fit.