Bosch ARM 37

• Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Bill
BillMelbourne

Works reasonably well but catcher design is poor

Have owned this for 12 months after my Honda electric died. It's not bad so long as you keep the blade sharpened. The catcher design is poor though, coming off on uneven surfaces and debris shooting out from the handle flap area. Ive had numerous rocks being thrown directly from the blades through the handle flap onto me. Hoping I can get a replacement catcher to fix the problem?

Purchased in January 2020 for $150.00.

Tim46Melbourne

Really good but bad with long grass

Have had two of these and they are really light and easy to use. However I've had two die, motor failure, while cutting long grass. Bosch replaced the first free of charge. It's reasonably quiet and pollution free which is great. So it's a really good mower but not powerful enough for long grass around 20cm or taller. Also it struggles with damp grass.

Purchased in June 2017 at Mitre 10 for $400.00.

Bosch Power Tools
GracieBosch Power Tools

Hi Hayley,
Thanks for that. I've dropped it off at Mitre 10 for them to send to Bosch for assessment.
Tim

Justin
Justinasked

I can’t seem to figure out how to fold down the mower for compact storage? Any tips would be appreciated

motherofall
motherofall

You can’t do it unless you take it apart

Bill N.
Bill N.asked

Where can I get my electric lawnmower fixed in Perth

Dylanasked

I own a Bosch ARM 37 1400w Lawn Mower. And while it's been a great little mower as I only have a small back yard, initial assembly was a bit tricky. I am wondering though, a short while ago I ran over my power cord while I was mowing.

Rookie mistake to say the least.

I saw a flash from under the mower and it shut off. My question is, if I replace the cord (cause it's not a warranty job) will the motor still be Good? Or is it worth getting it checked first?
Thanks for any and all advice.

Marshall
Marshall

I only know enough about 240 volt power to avoid playing with it. Bear in mind that (especially when mowing wet grass) the power has a place to jump through you to ground if the work is not done properly.

So personally I would take the mower to an electrician (I wouldn't want to pay call out charges) and have them replace the cord .. any reputable electrician would test the motor before (re)attaching a new extension cord.

(I can commiserate as I'm still coming to terms with dragging a power cord around)

Th.anks Marshal.