Bosch ART Series

Bosch ART Series

23-10.8 LI, 26 Li, 26-18 LI + and 30-36 Li

Kyles

KylesSydney, NSW

Why did you change the design Bosch?

Date PurchasedJan 2019

annieexplorer

annieexplorerVIC, 3226

Great for the garden

This is one of the newer models and I have used for about a week and easy to use and does a good job trimming lawns and edges. The new black blades work better than the older red ones. I had previously had the older model and this one is more effective and less blade replacement needed.
Very please with purchase

Date PurchasedJan 2019
ELL

ELLRockingham

Blades

Blades I have found cheap on the aliexpress app 2.85 for 10
Good trimmer but pricey blades ,
Has good power and lasts a while .
Love the safety button and changing of blades they are so easy compared to line trimmers
Would recommend people to shop on aliexpress

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Rose

Rose

Disappointed

It's a toy. Struggles to cut even ordinary grass, keeps jamming. No chance of cutting weeds. Stupid plastic blades mean you can't cut up to any hard edge. Machine is light but found it heavy having to hold up at the right angle to cut. Ordered extra blades and the wheels. Three weeks later still waiting for them to come in.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Let down by the silly blades.

Nice light machine but the plastic blades are the weak point: expensive, hard to find and not at at all durable. They soon give up cutting. On my pocket-hankie lawn I use two blades each time, whereas with the previous line trimmer I could go three or four rounds before needing to respool, which was cheaper.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Disappointing

The problem with this cutter is the blades that it uses instead of lines. I have rope grass, and need to edge the nature paths frequently. Even after ordering the "extra durable " blades, I find that I'm constantly having to change blades, often going through 6-8 before fully trimming (admittedly, I have a corner allotment). Get the blades close enough to the concrete to cut the rope grass and the blades are gone. Keep the blades away from the concrete and the rope grass isn't cut. Light, easy to hold, but totally annoying to try and use on anything like tough grass edging.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

valerie Greenough

valerie Greenoughmelbourne

not at all what i expected.

it can not even cut couch grass .you have to use 2 - 3 blades each time you do your edges.I feel that have been
charged way to much for a plastic garden toy that is of no use at all.I think should refund my money as I am living on a very tight budget.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Holbi

HolbiBallina NSW

Not what I Expected

Loght easy to hold, good adjustment of the head and has a handy wheel to use when guiding along an edge.
The plastic blades seemed a good idea, however they are crap. I use at least 2 on a small yard and the genuine replacements are very expensive, the generic ones are cheaper but break very easy.
I now only use it for vertical cuts along the driveway and gutter edges and bought a line trimmer for all the rest. To tell the truth I havent got the Bosch out for a while.
This was probably a good unit back in Germany, but certainly NOT good enough fot buffalo lawn and around a rockery.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Rob

Rob

Not impressed

Nice and light, easy to use - the annoying feature is the plastic blades. I would use two each time I trim my lawn edges and given the replacement cost of a cheap piece of plastic I feel ripped off to some degree.
I have now purchased a Ryobi Petrol line trimmer. Last Bosch buy for me.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Love it!

I am a 66 year old lady, and we live on 3/4 acre in the country. We have a ride on mower which is great for most of our lawn, but my two other favourite lawn tools are my battery operated mower (for tight spaces) and my Bosch edge trimmer. I have been using mine for at least 5 years and it is great. I have bought lots of extra blades on eBay so I always have a supply. My husband has given away his petrol driven trimmer as we no longer need it. It is quiet and suitable for all our needs.

Date PurchasedSep 2010

Chews through the overpriced blades

Blades are not easy to obtain. Bunnings will get them in for you for $8.00 per pack of 5, but even on our small yard we use 2 blades. The blades look very cheap, probably produced in China for no more than 5 cents each. I wouldn't even mind paying 50 cents each for them, but $1.60 for a 5 cent blade is ridiculous.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Debra

Debra

Returned to store

Charger wouldn't charge the battery so returned it to Masters for a refund. Reluctantly the store gave me my refund. Why would Bosch allow such a defective product to be sold. Meant an extra trip to return it.....my time and money spent for zero gain. Will not look to purchase a similar Bosch product in the future.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

robbo59Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not just for the ladies...

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Charlie

CharlieCampbelltown NSW

No complaints it's a great machine

This little machine is perfect for us ladies, I've had mine for over 3years, it hasn't missed a beat & believe me I'm brutal on all my gardening equipment. I didn't know it had a low speed, I've never used mine on low, always full speed ahead. Battery last about an hour, 24 blades lasts nearly 3 months, easy to maintain, I always keep mine fully charged ready to go. I would definitely buy another if this one ever stopped working.

Can't get blades, flybuys reward,

Would give 5+ stars BUT wait months for the blades to came in Stock then they only send the hardware 1. I've never found them at Bunnings .
Otherwise it's great I'm petite lady I love it but they need to make the blades available NOW something I feel like putting it up flybuys back side. Good on you FLYBUYS

jjmmav

Outstanding for a suburban block.

Anne L

Anne LPalmerston, NT

RIP

I bought it as I only have a small yard and I have a dodgy back, so lighter weight was important. Worked brilliantly until it suddenly stopped working. I have a selection of bosch tools run by the lithium ion batteries, so I have a few on hand. However, none work on the snipper and I have no idea where the receipt is. What now?

John Gray

It does the job but it uses a lot of blades, which are not always available.

I have a normal suburban block and I would use at least 3 blades to do front or back yards. I haven't got big lawns and have a cordless electric mower which won't do front and back in one go and neither will the Bosch but that is OK - I don't mind doing it over two days. I went to Bunnings today for blades but they are out of stock so I went to Home Hardware and had to pay up front for them to order them, I gather they are not usually stocked. I see them listed on eBay but the price is +50%. I am tall so the Bosch is a little short for me but otherwise I like the fact that it is light and easy to use, the biggest drawback for me is the blades.

Richard

RichardPerth

A good trimmer - battery could be better

I have a 820m size block and use this to trim grass around trees and along walls. It does a good job, the only problem being the battery lasts for about 75% of the job - so I recharge and find something else to do for a couple of hours. Lightweight, not too loud, I sue 2 or 3 blades each time and get replacements at the local Bunnings.

This is good.

Jason Chang

Jason Changasked

ART 23-10.8 LI

Hi there, is there any difference between 23-10.8 Li and 23-18 Li ?

Mrnumbersmanasked

I have had the Bosch trimmer for a couple of years now but unfortunately the piece of the device that secures the red plastic blades is worn resulting in the blades flying off the trimmer when in use after a minute or so. Not sure if this repairable? Any ideas?
Richard

John Gray

No I don't know if it is repairable, it would depend on the ingenuity of the repairer. I noticed the wear on mine and I'm trying to avoid being in your situation by replacing the blades a bit earlier, to keep that point further from the concrete or whatever. As it is metal I suspect you might be able to get someone to build up the "head" and the grind it back far enough for the blades to fit over, just.

Mrnumbersman

John, have just discovered a website called toolspareparts.com.au which appears to source all the spare parts of the trimmer. The replacement plastic disk is $20 plus $10 delivery. Let's see if they deliver! Thanks for your reply to my post. Richard

JRJ*2607asked

How many blades are on the cutting base of the line trimmer please?

AP47
AP47

There is one - its a click in tab, it works very well

Cut and thrust.
Cut and thrust.

Hi, it's not really a line trimmer ... that's why I like it. There is one snap-on plastic blade and you know when it's worn down. These lasted, for me, a couple of whole lawn cuts before I bought the Rotak mower. People moan that these are not heavy-duty like a 'proper' trimmer. Well, perhaps not ... but when people have come here to cut things with their line trimmer, the line keeps breaking and I hear them swearing. That never happens with the little plastic blades. They come in quite cheap lots of about twenty or thirty too. I am a design junkie and the unit is light and well thought-out. Perhaps it's a bit on the expensive side though. But get a second battery for a full hour of use.

Best wishes, Ian.

Bosch Power Tools ART 30-36 Li

Bosch Power Tools ART 30-36 Li

Bosch Power Tools ART 26 Li

Bosch Power Tools ART 26 Li

CategoryBattery Whipper SnippersBattery Whipper SnippersBattery Whipper SnippersBattery Whipper Snippers
Power SourceBatteryBatteryBatteryBattery