Bosch Power Tools ART 26-18 LI +

Bosch Power Tools ART 26-18 LI +

Why did you change the design Bosch?

Bosch what have you done? I owned the previous model art 26 LI and sadly it died after a good 9 years of extensive use. Loved that trimmer. This model just annoys the bejesus our of me. The previous model you could easily adjust with your foot the angle you wanted it to be which made it so easy for getting under trees and benches etc. This model only has two settings, flat or side with a fiddle push button that makes it so difficult to manover.

I am so disappointed Bosch changed the design. I raved about the previous model to everyone and I’m so frustrated using this replacement.

The battery lasts longer but the blades are 5 to a pack for nearly the same price as 20 to a pack with previous model and they don’t last very long so works out more expensive to use.

I hate line trimmers which is why I loved the previous model so much. I just don’t know why you changed the easy to use design.

While it is still a lightweight trimmer and easy start, good battery, I’m afraid it’s nowhere near as user friendly as the previous model. Such a shame. I’ll be cursing every time I use it now.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Great for the garden

This is one of the newer models and I have used for about a week and easy to use and does a good job trimming lawns and edges. The new black blades work better than the older red ones. I had previously had the older model and this one is more effective and less blade replacement needed.
Very please with purchase

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Blades

Blades I have found cheap on the aliexpress app 2.85 for 10
Good trimmer but pricey blades ,
Has good power and lasts a while .
Love the safety button and changing of blades they are so easy compared to line trimmers
Would recommend people to shop on aliexpress

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Disappointed

It's a toy. Struggles to cut even ordinary grass, keeps jamming. No chance of cutting weeds. Stupid plastic blades mean you can't cut up to any hard edge. Machine is light but found it heavy having to hold up at the right angle to cut. Ordered extra blades and the wheels. Three weeks later still waiting for them to come in.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Let down by the silly blades.

Nice light machine but the plastic blades are the weak point: expensive, hard to find and not at at all durable. They soon give up cutting. On my pocket-hankie lawn I use two blades each time, whereas with the previous line trimmer I could go three or four rounds before needing to respool, which was cheaper.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Disappointing

The problem with this cutter is the blades that it uses instead of lines. I have rope grass, and need to edge the nature paths frequently. Even after ordering the "extra durable " blades, I find that I'm constantly having to change blades, often going through 6-8 before fully trimming (admittedly, I have a corner allotment). Get the blades close enough to the concrete to cut the rope grass and the blades are gone. Keep the blades away from the concrete and the rope grass isn't cut. Light, easy to hold, but totally annoying to try and use on anything like tough grass edging.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Not impressed

Nice and light, easy to use - the annoying feature is the plastic blades. I would use two each time I trim my lawn edges and given the replacement cost of a cheap piece of plastic I feel ripped off to some degree.
I have now purchased a Ryobi Petrol line trimmer. Last Bosch buy for me.

Date PurchasedDec 2016