Bosch Power Tools ART 26-18 LI +

See the Best Battery Whipper Snippers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Bosch Power Tools

2.7
    Kyles
    KylesSydney, NSW

Why did you change the design Bosch?

Date PurchasedJan 2019
    annieexplorer
    annieexplorerWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Great for the garden

This is one of the newer models and I have used for about a week and easy to use and does a good job trimming lawns and edges. The new black blades work better than the older red ones. I had previously had the older model and this one is more effective and less blade replacement needed.
    Very please with purchase

Date PurchasedJan 2019
    ELL
    ELLPerth, WA

Blades

Blades I have found cheap on the aliexpress app 2.85 for 10
    Good trimmer but pricey blades ,
    Has good power and lasts a while .
    Love the safety button and changing of blades they are so easy compared to line trimmers
    Would recommend people to shop on aliexpress

Date PurchasedDec 2018
    Rose
    Rose

Disappointed

It's a toy. Struggles to cut even ordinary grass, keeps jamming. No chance of cutting weeds. Stupid plastic blades mean you can't cut up to any hard edge. Machine is light but found it heavy having to hold up at the right angle to cut. Ordered extra blades and the wheels. Three weeks later still waiting for them to come in.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
    Battery Whipper Snippers

Find out how Bosch Power Tools ART 26-18 LI + compares to other Battery Whipper Snippers

Let down by the silly blades.

Nice light machine but the plastic blades are the weak point: expensive, hard to find and not at at all durable. They soon give up cutting. On my pocket-hankie lawn I use two blades each time, whereas with the previous line trimmer I could go three or four rounds before needing to respool, which was cheaper.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Disappointing

The problem with this cutter is the blades that it uses instead of lines. I have rope grass, and need to edge the nature paths frequently. Even after ordering the "extra durable " blades, I find that I'm constantly having to change blades, often going through 6-8 before fully trimming (admittedly, I have a corner allotment). Get the blades close enough to the concrete to cut the rope grass and the blades are gone. Keep the blades away from the concrete and the rope grass isn't cut. Light, easy to hold, but totally annoying to try and use on anything like tough grass edging.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
    Rob
    Rob

Not impressed

Nice and light, easy to use - the annoying feature is the plastic blades. I would use two each time I trim my lawn edges and given the replacement cost of a cheap piece of plastic I feel ripped off to some degree.
    I have now purchased a Ryobi Petrol line trimmer. Last Bosch buy for me.

Date PurchasedDec 2016