Bosch ART Series Questions & Answers

4 questions from our users

Jason Chang

Jason Changasked

ART 23-10.8 LI

Hi there, is there any difference between 23-10.8 Li and 23-18 Li ?

Mrnumbersmanasked

Bosch ART Series

I have had the Bosch trimmer for a couple of years now but unfortunately the piece of the device that secures the red plastic blades is worn resulting in the blades flying off the trimmer when in use after a minute or so. Not sure if this repairable? Any ideas?
Richard

John Gray
John Gray

No I don't know if it is repairable, it would depend on the ingenuity of the repairer. I noticed the wear on mine and I'm trying to avoid being in your situation by replacing the blades a bit earlier, to keep that point further from the concrete or whatever. As it is metal I suspect you might be able to get someone to build up the "head" and the grind it back far enough for the blades to fit over, just.

Mrnumbersman

John, have just discovered a website called toolspareparts.com.au which appears to source all the spare parts of the trimmer. The replacement plastic disk is $20 plus $10 delivery. Let's see if they deliver! Thanks for your reply to my post. Richard

JRJ*2607asked

Bosch ART Series

How many blades are on the cutting base of the line trimmer please?

AP47
AP47

There is one - its a click in tab, it works very well

Cut and thrust.
Cut and thrust.

Hi, it's not really a line trimmer ... that's why I like it. There is one snap-on plastic blade and you know when it's worn down. These lasted, for me, a couple of whole lawn cuts before I bought the Rotak mower. People moan that these are not heavy-duty like a 'proper' trimmer. Well, perhaps not ... but when people have come here to cut things with their line trimmer, the line keeps breaking and I hear them swearing. That never happens with the little plastic blades. They come in quite cheap lots of about twenty or thirty too. I am a design junkie and the unit is light and well thought-out. Perhaps it's a bit on the expensive side though. But get a second battery for a full hour of use.

Best wishes, Ian.

Peter Munt

Peter Muntasked

Bosch ART Series

Trimmer starts when charged but cuts out after a couple of seconds

Backyard warrior
Backyard warrior

Mine only cuts out when the battery is flat (after about 30 minutes of continuous use). Suggest full discharge (ie. run it until it won't start again), then charge overnight to let it fully recover.

big-m
big-m

I would assume that the battery has had it. The other possibility is that there is something wrong with the charger.

I've given up on this trimmer and purchased the Stihl 36 volt cordless system (my review is available on productreview).

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Power Tools representatives