Bosch ART Series

Bosch ART Series (page 2 of 2)

23-10.8 LI, 26 Li, 26-18 LI + and 30-36 Li

See the Best Battery Whipper Snippers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Good for a small yard

I bought this to replace a 240v electric line trimmer, and because I have a large range of the Bosch 18v tools

It's a good unit, nice and light, easy to use, however, it can struggle if the edges are a little long or thick. The 'tabs' are very very simple to change, but break way to easily (i can go through 2 or 3 just doing a very small patch out the back)

Overall I am happy with it as its so easy, quick, and clean to use.
Very easy to use, light, quiet
Tabs are not as durable as they could be

Better than petrol line trimmers

I was fed up with hard to start 2 stroke trimmers, breaking lines, bump feeds that don't feed, I could not see the point of 240v machines.
With low expectation I purchased this battery trimmer. I have an 830sq m block, it easily copes with my size block, cuts better and faster, only needed one change of the cutting key that takes seconds, it's quiet and light, all in all it beats petrol machines on all scores.

Hopeless

I bought this with the intention of using it to cut the very small patch of grass I have at the front of my place, so I was looking for a light weight trimmer that

This trimmer has a very poor battery life of about 15-20 minutes and does not have enough power to cut through a clump of grass without slowing up, so it is painstakingly slow. What takes 15 minutes on a borrowed electric trimmer takes me 2-3 goes over several hours with this one. (I painstakingly trim a small patch of grass, run out of power, wait 3 hours for battery to charge, then another crack at it).

When I saw this cutter in the shop I was impressed with the 1km of cutting claim on the box, I think this is seriously false advertising. Most of my tools are Bosch, in the past they have been brilliant, but I will not be buying them any more.
Light weight
Battery life is inadequate, not enough power to cut a clump of grass and takes 3 hours to charge battery.

Hi Cave Man We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your unit, please call the service centre on 1300 307 044 Thanks BoschAUIt's a trimmer not a lawn mower, it's for doing edges and around trees etc, if you don't understand the product theirs no point giving a negative review.

Poor battery

I wont recommend ... poor battery life . also slow rpm, runs very slow , therefore it takes long time to but a small back yard unfortunately poor battery life,
light weight is good
i am not talking about hrs .. u lucky if u can run the trimmer for 20 min on single charge ..
Low weight
Poor battry and slow

Very good for light trimming

I looked at the Ryobi 36 v and Bosch 18 V. I went for the Bosch because it would not have any frustrating line feed . The replacement blades are available at Bunnings and although I use about 3 to do my trimming I am happy with the quick fitting. Do not buy this unit and expect a heavy duty machine. It does trim established lawns well. If you like fiddling with jammed line the 36 V Ryobi may have a bit more grunt for clearing overgrown weeds but I still keep an electric Little Juey with quick change cutting cords for heavier work.
Super light, quick to use, can almost do the trimming in the time it takes to run out a lead
A stronger compound in the plasic cutter blades blades would be good

Great for most applications

I purchased this trimmer from Catch of the Day - it was the smaller 23 LI version but it is practically the same. I already owned a Ryobi line trimmer, so I was eager to see how this would work.

The battery life is rather good, enough for me to do the back and front lawns of our home. However, the only thing I really dislike about this machine is the use of the blades, especially when trimming near cement or pavers. They seem to just wear down so quickly. Perhaps they should make a metal blade, it may work better?

All in all - I love this whipper snipper, much easier to just grab out of the shed and start trimming, rather than drag a cord around or put up with petrol.
Easy to use, no cords, easier than changing line
pole not long enough, go through a lot of blades

I did the same, but have now discovered that I can't buy the spare blades. Won't be buying Bosch again. I already had the 26 Li. It just stopped working one day, perhaps a problem with the switch.I'm not sure if your machine is still working, but you can buy Ozito blades out at Bunnings. They are a bit big and make a little noise at first, but once they wear a little they get better. Or cut them down as I do.

Not worth it

At first it seemed like this trimmer would be handier than either electric or petrol powered models. The guy in the shop talked about long battery life but the truth is the battery life is anything but long. A fully charged battery means you can use it for about ten minutes before it runs out and needs charging again. Ten lousy minutes. I'd expect more from any rechargable battery.
It does trim grass, as it's supposed to
battery life ridiculously low

Good for precise lawn trimming

Bought one of these recently, I liked the idea of the tabs instead of line. Comes with 23 tabs (1 on the unit, 2 spares on the inbuilt holder, plus 2 x 10 packs). The tabs wear out quickly (1 per 5m) if using against concrete, but extremely easy to remove and replace. Promised battery life is false, I got less than half of the suggested 1000m. A bit of work if you have a course grass like buffalo, but if you do it often it wouldn't be an issue (first attempt hadn't been trimmed for 14 weeks, so I expected a tough time). The tabs have never come off, so not sure about the previous review...but it is for shorter people (i'm 184cm, same issue as previous reviewer! But that's normal)
Light, Quick to put on\take off tabs, good for precise lawn trimming

Only suitable for tiny yards

At first glance the machine appears to be well designed, and the 18 volt Lithium Ion battery gave the promise of reasonable battery life.

My gripes:

It is designed for someone less than 175 cm tall. I'm 185 cm and stoop to use it.

Battery life is only moderate.In summer there is only enough charge to do about 70% of the edges.

The plastic cutting strips are a very poor idea.I go through two on a small lawn, but occasionally three or four, as they tend to fly off and are difficult to find, when this happens.

Poor battery life, cutting strips are a bad idea.

Very good product with great battery life

This is a very handy powertool for tidying the garden. It's not too heavy, it doesn't use a cord to cut but a more sturdy plastic cutting attachment. A few of these come with the unit and they don't really seem to wear out much. Assembling the unit is probably the most difficult part, you need to use quite a bit of force to get all the pieces to lock into place correctly. Overall, though, this is a very good product which I'd definitely recommend.
Easy to use, light weight and works very well
A little hard to assemble

Hi there, is there any difference between 23-10.8 Li and 23-18 Li ? Thank you

I have had the Bosch trimmer for a couple of years now but unfortunately the piece of the device that secures the red plastic blades is worn resulting in the blades flying off the trimmer when in use after a minute or so. Not sure if this repairable? Any ideas? Richard
No I don't know if it is repairable, it would depend on the ingenuity of the repairer. I noticed the wear on mine and I'm trying to avoid being in your situation by replacing the blades a bit earlier, to keep that point further from the concrete or whatever. As it is metal I suspect you might be able to get someone to build up the "head" and the grind it back far enough for the blades to fit over, just.John, have just discovered a website called toolspareparts.com.au which appears to source all the spare parts of the trimmer. The replacement plastic disk is $20 plus $10 delivery. Let's see if they deliver! Thanks for your reply to my post. Richard

How many blades are on the cutting base of the line trimmer please?
There is one - its a click in tab, it works very wellHi, it's not really a line trimmer ... that's why I like it. There is one snap-on plastic blade and you know when it's worn down. These lasted, for me, a couple of whole lawn cuts before I bought the Rotak mower. People moan that these are not heavy-duty like a 'proper' trimmer. Well, perhaps not ... but when people have come here to cut things with their line trimmer, the line keeps breaking and I hear them swearing. That never happens with the little plastic blades. They come in quite cheap lots of about twenty or thirty too. I am a design junkie and the unit is light and well thought-out. Perhaps it's a bit on the expensive side though. But get a second battery for a full hour of use. Best wishes, Ian.Thank you

ART 26 LiART 30-36 LiART 26-18 LI +ART 23-10.8 LI