Bosch ART Series

Bosch ART Series (page 2 of 2)

23-10.8 LI, 26 Li, 26-18 LI + and 30-36 Li

AP47Hobart

Good for a small yard

I bought this to replace a 240v electric line trimmer, and because I have a large range of the Bosch 18v tools

It's a good unit, nice and light, easy to use, however, it can struggle if the edges are a little long or thick. The 'tabs' are very very simple to change, but break way to easily (i can go through 2 or 3 just doing a very small patch out the back)

Overall I am happy with it as its so easy, quick, and clean to use.
Very easy to use, light, quiet
Tabs are not as durable as they could be

Red Griffin

Red GriffinBrisbane

Better than petrol line trimmers

I was fed up with hard to start 2 stroke trimmers, breaking lines, bump feeds that don't feed, I could not see the point of 240v machines.
With low expectation I purchased this battery trimmer. I have an 830sq m block, it easily copes with my size block, cuts better and faster, only needed one change of the cutting key that takes seconds, it's quiet and light, all in all it beats petrol machines on all scores.

cave man

cave manSydney

Hopeless

Bosch Home Appliances
Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances
A downs
A downs

It's a trimmer not a lawn mower, it's for doing edges and around trees etc, if you don't understand the product theirs no point giving a negative review.

Poor battery

I wont recommend ... poor battery life . also slow rpm, runs very slow , therefore it takes long time to but a small back yard unfortunately poor battery life,
light weight is good
i am not talking about hrs .. u lucky if u can run the trimmer for 20 min on single charge ..
Low weight
Poor battry and slow

Happy Trimmer

Happy Trimmer

Very good for light trimming

I looked at the Ryobi 36 v and Bosch 18 V. I went for the Bosch because it would not have any frustrating line feed . The replacement blades are available at Bunnings and although I use about 3 to do my trimming I am happy with the quick fitting. Do not buy this unit and expect a heavy duty machine. It does trim established lawns well. If you like fiddling with jammed line the 36 V Ryobi may have a bit more grunt for clearing overgrown weeds but I still keep an electric Little Juey with quick change cutting cords for heavier work.
Super light, quick to use, can almost do the trimming in the time it takes to run out a lead
A stronger compound in the plasic cutter blades blades would be good

sammccAU

Great for most applications

gardener
gardener

I did the same, but have now discovered that I can't buy the spare blades. Won't be buying Bosch again. I already had the 26 Li. It just stopped working one day, perhaps a problem with the switch.

sammcc

I'm not sure if your machine is still working, but you can buy Ozito blades out at Bunnings.

They are a bit big and make a little noise at first, but once they wear a little they get better. Or cut them down as I do.

KazAnon

KazAnonSydney

Not worth it

At first it seemed like this trimmer would be handier than either electric or petrol powered models. The guy in the shop talked about long battery life but the truth is the battery life is anything but long. A fully charged battery means you can use it for about ten minutes before it runs out and needs charging again. Ten lousy minutes. I'd expect more from any rechargable battery.
It does trim grass, as it's supposed to
battery life ridiculously low

Good for precise lawn trimming

big-m

big-mHunter Region, NSW

Only suitable for tiny yards

At first glance the machine appears to be well designed, and the 18 volt Lithium Ion battery gave the promise of reasonable battery life.

My gripes:

It is designed for someone less than 175 cm tall. I'm 185 cm and stoop to use it.

Battery life is only moderate.In summer there is only enough charge to do about 70% of the edges.

The plastic cutting strips are a very poor idea.I go through two on a small lawn, but occasionally three or four, as they tend to fly off and are difficult to find, when this happens.

Poor battery life, cutting strips are a bad idea.

tjobuono

tjobuonoMelbourne, Victoria

Very good product with great battery life

This is a very handy powertool for tidying the garden. It's not too heavy, it doesn't use a cord to cut but a more sturdy plastic cutting attachment. A few of these come with the unit and they don't really seem to wear out much. Assembling the unit is probably the most difficult part, you need to use quite a bit of force to get all the pieces to lock into place correctly. Overall, though, this is a very good product which I'd definitely recommend.
Easy to use, light weight and works very well
A little hard to assemble

Jason Chang

Jason Changasked

ART 23-10.8 LI

Hi there, is there any difference between 23-10.8 Li and 23-18 Li ?

Mrnumbersmanasked

I have had the Bosch trimmer for a couple of years now but unfortunately the piece of the device that secures the red plastic blades is worn resulting in the blades flying off the trimmer when in use after a minute or so. Not sure if this repairable? Any ideas?
Richard

John Gray
John Gray

No I don't know if it is repairable, it would depend on the ingenuity of the repairer. I noticed the wear on mine and I'm trying to avoid being in your situation by replacing the blades a bit earlier, to keep that point further from the concrete or whatever. As it is metal I suspect you might be able to get someone to build up the "head" and the grind it back far enough for the blades to fit over, just.

Mrnumbersman

John, have just discovered a website called toolspareparts.com.au which appears to source all the spare parts of the trimmer. The replacement plastic disk is $20 plus $10 delivery. Let's see if they deliver! Thanks for your reply to my post. Richard

JRJ*2607asked

How many blades are on the cutting base of the line trimmer please?

AP47

There is one - its a click in tab, it works very well

Cut and thrust.
Cut and thrust.

Hi, it's not really a line trimmer ... that's why I like it. There is one snap-on plastic blade and you know when it's worn down. These lasted, for me, a couple of whole lawn cuts before I bought the Rotak mower. People moan that these are not heavy-duty like a 'proper' trimmer. Well, perhaps not ... but when people have come here to cut things with their line trimmer, the line keeps breaking and I hear them swearing. That never happens with the little plastic blades. They come in quite cheap lots of about twenty or thirty too. I am a design junkie and the unit is light and well thought-out. Perhaps it's a bit on the expensive side though. But get a second battery for a full hour of use.

Best wishes, Ian.

Bosch Power Tools ART 26-18 LI +

Bosch Power Tools ART 23-10.8 LI

Bosch Power Tools ART 23-10.8 LI

1 review
CategoryBattery Whipper SnippersBattery Whipper SnippersBattery Whipper SnippersBattery Whipper Snippers
Power SourceBatteryBatteryBatteryBattery