Bosch Home Appliances Athlet BCH6255NAU (Dark Navy)

Bosch Home Appliances Athlet BCH6255NAU (Dark Navy)

MPN: BCH6255NAU

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

3.9

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (6) · No (5)
  • Battery Life

Tara R.Sydney, NSW

Ok, but has a fault.

Loved at first, convenient, lighter, better than my sisters Dyson! Easy to pull out daily and clean up the crumbs my toddler has dropped... but within 3 weeks of use the brush stopped rotating, afftecting the performance and ease of using on my carpet, suction has seemed to suffer was going to return it then it started working again! Since then It intermittently works then doesn’t work. Now it’s been a 2 months of the brush not rotating I’m trying to follow up warranty and have it fixed or replaced.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bing Lee for A$299.00.

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi Tara R, Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Vacuum.We'd like to help,if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Tara R.

I’ve called the number you provided promptly my call was taken and a new vacuum head ordered to replace the faulty part. Thank you for your efforts to resolve this so fast.

Belinda M.

Belinda M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Was great, now power keeps cutting out intermittently

Loved, loved, loved this as an intro to cordless stick vacuums, and always felt I should have got the model up with the additional tools. For the past 3 months though on certain angles, or just because, the power cuts, and then starts up again - just as I wonder if it's out of charge, it starts again. Not great for around edges of furniture or corners, but great suction for quick where-the-hell-are-those-crumbs from kid related clean ups.

Purchased in November 2018.

C. Ircolo

C. IrcoloGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

So far so good

Bought this unit three months ago and so far so good. It does the job of giving 4 bedrooms and three living areas (shared with two big dogs and a cat) a reasonable clean with one charge. It's OK to clean after and the replacement micro filters are cheap on eBay. We like that it can stand in it's spot on its own.

The one improvement I'd suggest: Some areas of our house are quite dark as we keep the shutters closed in summer. So I'd rather replace the six silly blue LEDs with one strong, white LED to illuminate the area ahead of the unit - without blinding the operator.

Purchased in October 2019 at The Good Guys for A$199.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
Stick Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Bosch Home Appliances Athlet BCH6255NAU (Dark Navy) compares to other Stick Vacuum Cleaners

Blender manSydney

New battery available?

This has been a great vacuum cleaner, but like many other people have found after 3 years the battery isn't charging anymore and it cuts out. Is the solve for this to simply get it serviced and repaired? A vacuum cleaner isn't a mobile phone. Was hoping to get a lot more life out of it.

Purchased in July 2016 at Harvey Norman for A$300.00.

Product is used Weekly
Blender man

Thanks, yes my question was if the battery dies is that it? Or can I get it serviced?

Blender man

Is there any response to this? Is the lifecycle of this vacuum cleaner really only 3 years?

Great for pet hair not the best battery life

Great suction for pet hair I give it that! But battery on full turbo only lasted 20 mins and this was after first use with a fully charged battery. It's not great for edges of the rooms.

Purchased in August 2019 for A$350.00.

Product is used Daily
Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles

Hi Bianca P,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback.
If we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia

SchemSchem

SchemSchemGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great vacuums but not very robust

We bought this vacuum January 2016. It performed great picking up all the pet hair etc.
Problems: 1: Short battery life
2: Can't get under beds or low furniture
3: The handle snapped. After a year and a half of use the handle near the top just snapped. We didn't drop or bang it around - it just snapped. When we took it back they accused us of abusing the machine. If this happens to you there is a 2 year warranty and you should get a replacement or refund. Looking at other reviews it has happened to others.

Purchased in January 2018 for A$298.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Adam Simmons

Adam SimmonsSydney, NSW

This is better than my Dyson!!!

Plenty of power - as much as cord vacuum cleaners
The roller is easy to take apart and clean
Better value for money than a handheld Dyson - Believe me!!
Very happy with my purchase.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys.

Product is used Daily
Floor Type Tiles and Wood
Marty S

Marty SMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great value for money, solid product

As good as it gets, get roughly 45 minutes on full power, does wet and dry and pulls stubborn dog hair from carpet. Could just be a two power setting as the low setting is useless, other than that, it's lightweight, sleek, maneuverable and with a voucher code to bring it to the $150ish bracket it's the best thing at its price.

Purchased in January 2019 for A$190.00.

Product is used Weekly
Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
Paddy

PaddyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great suction. Long lasting battery

I have a small apartment, mostly carpet some tile.
I’ve used this vacuum for a few months now on at least a weekly basis.
The battery lasts for the whole use in my apartment. The turbo head is great. And is strong suction.

Purchased in September 2018 for A$650.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Andy

Andy

Decent suction, poor battery

Seems basically well designed, the container is small, but that is the normal for stick vacuums.
3 speeds is an interesting feature, but the lowest speed seems pointless and turns the power head off. I would much rather just have a switch to turn the power head on and off. Unfortunately the quoted run time is based on using the unit on the lowest speed. On its highest speed, this vacuum will only run for 10 to 15 minutes, with the expectation that this run time will reduce as the vacuum/battery ages.
The extra weight of this vacuum (compared to other stick vacuums) may also be an issue for some users, especially on stairs.

Purchased in August 2018.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Hi Andy,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback and can appreciate your concerns. If we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.

wambatIllawarra, NSW

Good for quick pickups

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Mohak

MohakNorth Ryde

Vacuums hard, drains battery harder

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Krisyd

KrisydSydney, NSW

Works well initially but does not last long enough - Issue Resolved by Bosch Social Media team

Purchased in June 2016 at Harvey Norman for A$349.00.

perry

perryNSW

perfect for my house

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Heather Donald

Heather DonaldKatherine

After 3 years, charge is gone

I loved this little vacuum cleaner on my tiled floors, but after a couple of years I have noticed the charge doesn’t last the stated 75 minutes, more like 8-10 minutes after a full charge of 10 hours. A have now googled this problem and see it is common place. The initial reviews were when purchased new and now the bad reviews after two years are surfacing. What a bloody shame, but what would one expect - another throw away item. Might pay to purchase the extended warranty when purchasing this machine.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

aquitania

aquitaniaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good suction but heavy

It has plenty of power but not easy to push on carpet, although suction great, and its a bit heavy.
Disappointed overall but it does work well. Probably would look elsewhere if I have to buy again.
The locking mechanism for the dust capsule is tricky and doesnt always lock into place.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Hi Aquitania,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback.
If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

It works but OMG, what a design flaw!

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Zoe	Hudson

Zoe HudsonHighland Valley

Great inexpensive vacuum

Does great on hardwood floors. The wheels are rubber so no scratching. Love the swivel so super easy to maneuver. Very lightweight. Lays flat to get under a bed. Sucks up cat litter, including the pellets from the Breeze litter system. Sucks up golden retriever hair with no problem. Love that there's no brush to pick said golden retriever hair out of constantly. Filter is washable.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Oziegal

OziegalAU

Good until the warranty ended

We purchased this in June 2016, it was fabulous! I just loved it, easy to scoot around the house without the pesky cord getting in the way. Easy to clean and handle around the corners. I liked the 3 speed action as well. Then just after the 2 year warranty was up it started to run out of power. Now it won't work at all. Not happy, makes for an expensive cleaning solution if it only lasts just over 2 years.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Denis

DenisMelbourne

The perfect replacement

We have just purchased this product and are very happy with its powerful suction on both hard floors and carpets as well as the ease with which the dust bin can be emptied. A larger dust container and a longer lasting battery are the extra features that make this the perfect replacement of a standard vacuum cleaner.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Steveasked

Athlet BCH6255NAU (Dark Navy)

I too have a Bosch Athlet with a failing battery (lasts 5 minutes or so on a full charge). Our local dealers do not carry spare parts and have referred me to the Bosch 1300 contact number. However I find myself on "hold". No answer from many attempts. I have also left my details on their answering service, but have had no response. I am disappointed that a $350 purchase has failed this early in its life, and that Bosch and or their dealers do not seem to have a system to deal with product quality issues. Does anyone know another way to contact Bosch? Does anyone know a dealer that carries spare parts (specifically batteries)?

Ian
Ian

I contacted Bosch customer care on their 1300 369 744 number a couple of weeks ago and got my limited operating time problem sorted - and mine was 8 months out of warranty. They ended up replacing it. I didn't have the frustration you're having with being put on hold (well maybe for 5 mins) and them not getting back. I don't know what's going on.

Thanks Ian, I’ll keep trying

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch BCH6255NAU Vacuum.
We'd like to help, if you can email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH5736 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you.

Louise P.

Louise P.asked

what is the difference between the bosch athlete bch6at25au and the bch6255nau

hi Louise
It appears they are the same vacuum cleaner. Harvey Norman has the 6at25au and Bing Lee has the 6255nau.
I had trouble registering the warranty on the 6255nau because it was a New Zealand appliance and I contacted Bosch in Australia and they did it for me. Hoping this helps.

Kelly W

Kelly Wasked

Athlet BCH6255NAU (Dark Navy)

Hi I have Bosch Athlet that is no longer charging. The lights don't go on when I plug it into the charging unit. When I switch it on the come on, but the vacuum is flat. Can you tell me if something is wrong with the charging unit, or is it the vacuum? I've been very impressed with the vacuum and would like to have it fixed rather than have to get a new one!

hi Kelly
First of all you have to contact Bosch customer service on 1300 369 744 who will assess if vacuum cleaner can be repaired. It appears the charging unit could be at fault or the battery is totally lost all charge. I leave my unit on charge during the day and switch off at night. This will ensure the battery maintains a full charge as this is important for battery longetivity.

Sonia B.

I'm also having the same problem!

Sonia B.

May i ask if the issue was rectified ?

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives