Bosch Home Appliances Athlet BCH6PETAU (Tomato Red)

Bosch Home Appliances Athlet BCH6PETAU (Tomato Red)

MPN: BCH6PETAU

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

3.8

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (2) · No (1)
  • Battery Life
Karl J.

Karl J.South East Queensland, QLD

Quality Product, Battery Issue

Used in a 4 bedroom house with carpet and tile, this thing is my Mother's go to daily vac and she loves it. She is a neat freak and this does the whole house easily. Great after sales service, as long as you get extended care - NOTE - the battery cannot be swapped out, and it will fail, so get extended care to cover that or you'll end up with a laundry ornament in 3 years. She just got a full replacement machine through Harvey Norman.

Purchased in September 2017 at Harvey Norman for A$800.00.

Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Batteries no longer keep a charge

We were very happy with this vacuum. But now after 2.5 years the batteries are almost done. After charging we are lucky to get 3 minutes of use before it dies. Good machine, poor batteries.
Batteries not accessible to change. Very expensive given its life. Will not buy Bosch again

Purchased in June 2017 at Amazon for A$250.00.

Pet OwnerYes
carl
carl

The batteries are u,s such a shame for a good cleaner

Bernard

BernardGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic

I went to major retailer to assess cordless upright vacuums. Checked and tested all the units on display. Did my research on the internet. I opted for the Bosch. I could not be happier. Fantastic vacuum, easy to clean, great power and suction.

Purchased in August 2019 for A$440.00.

Pet OwnerYes
Stick Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Bosch Home Appliances Athlet BCH6PETAU (Tomato Red) compares to other Stick Vacuum Cleaners

RexHbtHobart

Design Fault with Handle??

Our Zoo'o Pro Animal is only just 12 months old and the handle has broken / snapped and now unusable. Is there a design fault? How do i get this product replaced?

Other than this, we have been impressed with the vacuum cleaner, works great at picking up animal hair.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
RexHbt

Thanks Bosch Home Aust, we've been in contact with our local Harvey Norman store, where we purchased your product, and they have happily exchanged the handle.

Gina

GinaSydney

It works incredible!

I am very happy with the performance on suction. it is very light, very quiet, very easy to maneuver. Our floors include with wood floor and carpet. We could not believe it has been working so good on both diffrent matiral floors. It is very easy to take off and clean inside of the containars .

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Nevin

NevinMelbourne

Poor battery

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi Nevin, Thanks for your review. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch BCH6PETAU Vacuum. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

SDA

SDAKanwal

Very good vacuum but a bit heavy.

Very happy with the suction and the performance. Really does the job.
It is not light and is not very easy to manoeuvre but is such a good machine I will put up with it.
I vacuum a very large area of tiles and three rooms and a hallway of carpet. I don't use my big Dyson any more. The Bosch is too convenient.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
yeye21

yeye21

Powerful wireless vacuum

I have been using my bosch animal vacuum cleaner for over a year now and I am very happy with the performance. It's sucks mostly all the hair from the carpet as I can see it all from the brush. It's very easy to clean and easy to use.
There is just one thing that I am concerned about the battery lately. Sometimes it doesn't charge straight away after Using it.once the machine cools down then it will charge again. I don't know if its starting to play up because when I first bought it I can charge it straight after I used it.
I still recommend this vacuum cleaner.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Jan B

Jan BSouth East Queensland, QLD

I totally love this product

It has amazing suction power. We have a Dyson too, but that doesn't pick up half as well as this one. I love the fact that it is cordless and easy to maneuver. We have 5 long haired cats, and this cleans up any shed hairs in no time. We have a fairly large house, with both carpeted and wooden floors and it works equally well for both. The only downside for me is that because it only has a small container to catch the dust, it has to be emptied frequently, although that is very quick and easy to do. The other problem was that taking it apart to use it has a 'handheld' for stairs etc was difficult because the release buttons are quite stiff. I would definitely recommend it to anyone with animals in their house.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

BoschHomeAUBosch Home Appliances

Mana

Manaasked

Athlet BCH6PETAU (Tomato Red)

Hi. My bosch athlet zoo'o won't go onto full power anymore. I was using it one day and it was working as usual and then I turned it on again and since then it won't slide into the turbo suction setting. Also later on, after this issue started it (as someone else has mentioned) to do this occasional crack sound in the handle as well, on carpets. How can I fix the not clicking into turbo problem?

Hi Mana,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch BCH6PETAU Vacuum.
We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Annette

Annetteasked

Athlet BCH6PETAU (Tomato Red)

I have the Bosch Athlet red upright cleaner. I wash the filter and clean the brush regularly but when I lift the cleaner head to go up a stair or stop the cleaner debris falls out of the head. It does not pickup and deposit little bits of stuff in the container. Suggestions please?

wambat
wambat

It appears you didn't fit the filter cartridge back correctly into the vacuum cleaner. You have to hold the two side clickers in on the front of the filter housing to make sure it clicks into place.

Bron

Bronasked

Athlet BCH6PETAU (Tomato Red)

Hi, My hoover is loosing power or totally shutting down whilst in use. If seems to me there is a loose connection and this happens mostly when i'm pulling the hoover back towards me rather than in the forward motion. Can anyone help?

Hi Bron,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch BCH6PETAU vacuum cleaner.
Please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia

DaveTheGinge
DaveTheGinge

It is a common fault due to a design fault that Bosch has known about for years. Try this fix from some guy on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHi3HNp_h-o

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives