Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (26) · No (17)
  • Battery Life

SchemSchem

SchemSchemGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great vacuums but not very robust

We bought this vacuum January 2016. It performed great picking up all the pet hair etc.
Problems: 1: Short battery life
2: Can't get under beds or low furniture
3: The handle snapped. After a year and a half of use the handle near the top just snapped. We didn't drop or bang it around - it just snapped. When we took it back they accused us of abusing the machine. If this happens to you there is a 2 year warranty and you should get a replacement or refund. Looking at other reviews it has happened to others.

Purchased in January 2018 for A$298.00.

goldhn

goldhnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Soooo disappointed

I purchased this about 6 months ago and was so impressed. Could do almost my entire house on one charge. 6 months later and I now get about 5-6 minutes from it. That is useless to me.

Simon5353Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very good

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$668.00.

Thanks so much!

Bev H

The best cordless vacuum around!

This is amazing! It’s completely replaced my regular vacuum! It’s compact, suction is out of this world! Easy to empty with washable filters etc. Carpet, hard floors no problem! LOVE!

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$460.00.

Bev H

Thank you!! We love it! Next step is the handheld!

JVM

JVMSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellet cordless Vacuum cleaner with excellent battery life.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys Online store.

Axle28

Axle28South West, QLD

It is perfect, it's my go to all the time

You go from carpet to tiles with no fuss, it really sucks up the dirt out of carpet and glides over the tiles no fuss at all I love it

Purchased in August 2014.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Miss Liss

Miss LissPilbara, WA

Cordless vacs forever

I chose this vacuuum because it had high power and it was cordless (so much easier). I wouldn't go back to corded vacuums ever again after experiencing the convenience. It's lightweight, great suction and good run time. So convenient having it just upright on charge in the corner to use so easily. It's making a louder noise lately but still works really well. recommend

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$300.00.

Floor Type Tiles
Adam Simmons

Adam SimmonsSydney, NSW

This is better than my Dyson!!!

Plenty of power - as much as cord vacuum cleaners
The roller is easy to take apart and clean
Better value for money than a handheld Dyson - Believe me!!
Very happy with my purchase.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood
Siemen F.

Siemen F.

Very very good vacuum!

Amazing vacuum, especially compared to the Dyson which would be it's main competitor.

At this price point, there can simply not be a better choice on the market.

It does a spectacular job, wooden floors and carpet, does not matter. it works!
Easy to clean, easy to maintain and easy to empty! can't ask for much more.
The battery life is ok on setting 1 or 2.
When at maximum setting, it does die rather quickly, you'll get about 10 minutes out of it on max.

It's a bit heavy, but not too heavy to be annoying.

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$298.00.

Bluebottle

BluebottleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent suction for a stick vac.

More than pleased with suction performance on floors and carpets as well. Excellent battery time.
Changing to hand-held is a little fiddly, so make sure you do all your hand cleaning at the same time.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$495.00.

Marty S

Marty SMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great value for money, solid product

As good as it gets, get roughly 45 minutes on full power, does wet and dry and pulls stubborn dog hair from carpet. Could just be a two power setting as the low setting is useless, other than that, it's lightweight, sleek, maneuverable and with a voucher code to bring it to the $150ish bracket it's the best thing at its price.

Purchased in January 2019 for A$190.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
Ian

IanVincentia

Brand loyalty

We were very pleased with this mighty vac - ideal for a quick spruce up rather than lug our barrel vac upstairs for a more thorough job. The 10 mins running time on max was fine for a spruce up. Within 6 months of the 2 year factory warranty expiring though the run time was down to a couple of minutes.
A phone call to the Bosch customer care line then an email attaching the product receipt saw them mail (no charge - no pun intended) a replacement charging cord. When using the new cord didn't fix the problem another phone call saw them offer to replace the vac with a new one. The vac was 6 months out of warranty but they replaced it. It's service like this that could cause an outbreak of brand loyalty.

Purchased in August 2016 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$399.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
goldcoast lady

goldcoast ladyGold Coast

Excellent Machine but the filters could be made better

Compared to my Dyson V7 this is a dream machine. Collects the dirt a lot better than the Dyson but is a little harder to glide on the carpets. Battery works well. The only downside are the filters are not as good

Purchased in July 2017.

Floor Type Carpet
laurenk168

laurenk168North Western Region, NSW

SO much better the a Dyson!!

I was always a Dyson owner, I thought they were by far the best. I was so wrong. After my Dyson broke for the 2 time in 6 months, I switches to a Bosch, and can I just say it is the BEST!
The run time on it is great, I can do my entire house in one charge, where I couldn't do that with my other vacuum. It is easy to empty and clean. It works well on all surfaces although I do find it does use a lot more charge on carpets, Which is fine they are harder to clean. I use mine on hardwood, tiles and carpet and it works great on all of them.

Purchased in December 2018.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

disappointed

had it four months when on high setting blows out more dust than it sucks in ,also when it does that the brushes stop working cleaned filters still the same

Purchased in December 2018.

vineetkaur46

vineetkaur46Sydney, NSW

This is what I looking for long time !

This Bosch Vacuum is what I was looking for long time, I have corded vacuum at the moment which was very hard to use when you have two kids under five and time very consuming and extremely hard to handle.
I started using this a week ago and this thing works perfectly on my tiles, carpet and stairs , very convenient to move around my double story home.
The light alert for cleaning the filter is very helpful indicator , super easy to take out dirt from the container. I would have to now get rid of my corded vacuum which I had for long time and now I can’t live without my Bosch Vacuum which is durable, affordable , portable and powerful little thing.
Just love it ......

Purchased in February 2019.

Matthew

MatthewKapiti Coast

Everyone should have one of these

This thing does an amazing job, it cleans better than than our plug in vacuum on full, and is really convenient not having to worry about cords etc. On medium power it can (just) clean the house If you're quick about it. Had it about 6 months now, battery hasn't noticeably deteriorated.

Purchased in August 2018.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Aly55

Aly55Perth

Use with ease

It's been really - extremely easy to use, turns well, gets under things with no problems.
I have both tiles and carpet. The lowest power setting isn't great and never use it. The middle setting works well with tiles and the max power has no issues with carpets. I have 2 cats and it all comes out well.
Obviously, the power will drain quickly on the max setting - so best to not meander when doing it. But I can get through my house, just, with using middle and max settings.

The only real problem I have is that I can't change it from normal push vacuum to the carry around version. I quite simply can not push the attachment button hard enough (which others have also struggled with) to change it.

Purchased in April 2018.

MTS

MTSSydney, NSW

Powerful Vacuum

We purchased the Bosch Athlet Runtime Plus for our apartment which is predominantly carpet and have been extremely impressed with its power and usability. The alert light for cleaning the filter is also really helpful. Also works well on tiles and applying different components for cleaning skirting boards and hard to reach places. Compact and durable.

Purchased in May 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$499.00.

Souad El Masri

Souad El MasriSydney, NSW

“This is perfect”

For me the athlete cordless vacuum cleaner has a rating of “5” it’s brilliant and so easy to use and clean with. The vacuum has 3 power settings level 1 isn’t that good! Yet level 2 is very good for the carpet and tiles.

Purchased in February 2019.