Bosch AXT Rapid 2200

Bosch AXT Rapid 2200 (page 2 of 2)

AXT23TC

Worked for approximately 1month. Then stopped. Returned and 4 parts replaced which took 3 months. Turned it on, wouldn't mulch, jammed even with thin pieces 12-14 inches long. Customer service has been extremely unsatisfactory with one very rude customer service operator. Used 1 month and in for repairs for almost 13 months. Promised a refund by Bosch but when?
Bunnings' staff could teach them a few things about customer service!

DS

DS

Terrible - had to get a refund (great customer service from Bunnings, though)

This one is going back to the shop

I bought this shredder thinking Bosch is a great brand must be good. How disappointed I am. The machine will not even chop 2 cm branches let alone 40 mm. It also has problems fresh branches. Just strips the bark.
I have used the machine for 1/2 hour and The cutting blades are already showing signs of wear.
I wonder what the other reviewers used but it must have been a different machine. No Mr Bosch I will be more careful when I buy another Bosch product.

Troy10

Troy10Perth, WA

worth the extra $$

Bought this model having just moved into a larger property with lots of gardens. Effortlessly carved up roses, citrus and natives. A bit of common sense when putting larger stems means you don't have to stop to unblock. Shredded to a fine consistency so straight into the aerobin for compost. Much quieter than I imagined. The feeder is easy and the top flaps stop anything spitting back up. Really impressed and glad I spend a little bit extra on this model. Easy to set up.. took less than 5 minutes.
quiet and fine grade compostable material at the end.
for the price a catch bag wouldn't hurt

Stevo in Perth

Stevo in Perth

Solid build, works well even with lots of leaves, happy to take a thrashing

BSFAU

managed to use this once to remove the offcuts from a major hedge trim

it works well but you quickly become aware of the maximum diameter of twig or branch that you can put into it as it struggles beyond a certain thickness.

some advice:
It has a safety guard which you use to drive the twigs into the machine. Use it always as your bare hands are too delicate to push branches in on their own (I learned the hard way)
it works
I ended up disposing of most or all of the large branches and twigs as they are too big to go into the machine. IMo it defeats the purpose of the exercise - I should just have paid someone to remove it all and saved me the work.

BSF

I have thrown this away after several years of non-use. It is not a productive use of my time or electricity. Doesnt chop well, better to use a sturdy branch lopper and the council waste bins .

Kevin Graham

Kevin Grahamasked

My AXT Rapid Multcher will start but stops working in a few seconds?.... every thing is clean and tight with no vibration..... it was working fine then stopped? Any help?

Sandy
Sandy

Haven't had your particular probelm. Up until a few weeks ago mine was running OK. However, one day I switched it off to get some more cuttings and it wouldn't switch back on again. Hasn't worked since. I think the on/off switch is the problem. Undecided whether to get it repaired as it only does half the job I need (ie chokes up on ginger and banana plant cuttings).

Dakes Parker

Dakes Parkerasked

Is there a service facility available for Bosch Shredders?

H Hoffmann
H Hoffmann

There are a number of licensed Bosch Service dealers listed on their website here: http://www.bosch-pt.com.au/au/en/professional/service/after-sales-service/authorised-bosch-service-dealers/authorised-bosch-service-dealers.html
They also have a Bosch service centre in Clayton Victoria.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Power Tools representatives