30 kW, 18 kW, 37 kW

Electric and Gas Heaters Buying Guide

With the chilly season just around the corner, a room heater can be just the thing to keep you cosy. Read on for more information on how to strike a match with the best heaters for your home space, lifestyle and budget.

Read now

• Room Type
  • Heating Speed5/5 (1)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Safety
  • Smells of GasYes (0) · No (3)

Very happy with purchase

Have a 3 bedroom terraced house and has no problem heating it. It's fast, quiet and I expect it to be quite efficient. I replaced a 17 year old boiler and expect it to last.

Purchased in June 2019.

Noise Level
Safety
Heating Speed
Temperature Consistency
Derric W.
Derric W.

Thanks. Will you honour the gift certificate offer?

Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Hi Derric, could you kindly get in touch with us at hot.water@au.bosch.com to discuss.

Paul

PaulHackett 2602, ACT

The Quiet Achiever!

We installed in-slab hydronic heating in our new build. The whole system is driven by a Bosch Condens 5000W. It is an efficient, quiet boiler which very effectively heats the entire house. The remote control panels also allow you to precisely control the heating cycle. In addition, the installation service was excellent.

Purchased in January 2017.

Grant BattersbyBarton 2600, ACT

Good boiler backed by excellent service

We have been impressed with the performance of the heating system on frosty Canberra days. Although we are not using all heating panels, there seems ample capacity. Canberra Hydronic Heating provided quick and high quality installation when the previous Sime boiler collapsed and their ongoing service also has been excellent.

Purchased in September 2018 at Canberra Hydronic Heating for A$5,800.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Gas Heaters

Find out how Bosch Condens 5000W Hydronic Heating Boiler compares to other Gas Heaters

Stunning service

We are very impressed with the boiler recommended by the installer. It was a replacement for an original boiler which was in the house which was still operational but we felt needed an update.
It needs to heat a large double brick 5 bedroom house and copes with this size easily. It also appears to be more economic than the previous unit so is a WIN WIN all around.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Mr John

Mr JohnDROMANA

Economic and Excellent

We had the Heat Pump installed as we are country without natural GAS and wanted to heat the floors. So far it has worked perfectly and the house is lovely and warm. The house is over 100 squares but we heat rooms we use frequently in winter and are still learning as being elderly this modern technology is sometimes hard to contemplate but we would not be without it as it is so lovely to have warm bathroom floors and lounge as well as kitchen and bedroom floors. It is so economical as well.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Excellent We Think

The unit was installed in May 2017 and has been firing away continuously since then. It is installed on top of a legacy underfloor system using wide poly-type pipe. We have had to replace the manifold as well. I think the Bosch equipment is fine but we have a problem with air bubbles in the system that prevent the hot water being distributed around the house. Could this be a pump problem? Don't know. We will do a pressure clearance of each of the underfloor circuits which I believe will fix the problem. Till now the techs have only done a quick type blow through.

We have other Bosch equipment and are generally favorably inclined to the brand.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Adam

AdamMelbourne

Uber efficient....

We recently installed hydronic heating at our holiday house in Victoria. Being on LPG bottles we were always aware of gas use. The Bosch unit is brilliant! Quiet and extremely efficient at heating up the system - which is a 2 bedroom house. I was happy with the warranty period and brand recognition. We have now specifically requested Bosch units in our new build house for hydronic.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Vespa67

Vespa67Hawthorn East

Fantastic heater....Recognised and reliable brand delivers great performance

Bosch hydronic heating is simply superb ! It is a joy to come home in the winter to a climate controlled house that has a pleasant and even temperature throughout. No dry eyes, noisy fans or cold areas as is the case with ducted heating. I am so glad I purchased a Bosch unit over other brands. This unit heats a three bedroom single fronted weatherboard house with ease.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Wonderful heating system

We love our hydronic heating system! Our home is always lovely and warm, and maintains temperature very well. There is no blown air, which is great for our allergies! We were initially a bit apprehensive about having radiator panels on the walls, but now we barely notice them. Definitely a great decision to choose hydronic heating over ducted heating!

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, Bob. The team here at Bosch Hot Water & Heating are so pleased to hear that you're loving your Condens 5000W!

Gas Heaters

Wolfgang M.asked

Bosch Condens 5000W Hydronic Heating Boiler

Hi. We have a Bosch Condens 5000 W (30 Kw unit) running our hydronic system - which has been operating well since being installed in May 2017. However, currently it is failing to re-start after an idle period during the warmer part of the day. It seems that the pump is not starting up. A "reset" on the unit does not help, and I need to power it down to get it to start. The reason I think it is the pump that is tripping is that with a "reset", the gas kicks in and the boiler indicated temperature gets to about 85 Cels before shutting off. After a power down, the pump seems to run - to push the hot water out of the unit and the unit operates normally. Is this a know issue? Is the fix a pump replacement? TIA Wolfgang.

Grant Battersby

Are you still running the original pump? There was a known problem which was fixed for us by replacement under guarantee.

Wolfgang M.

Hi Grant. Thanks for your quick response. Yes, this is the original pump.
According to the Bosch Guarantee that I have, there is only a 12 month warranty on the parts (other than the heat exchanger - which is 5 years). The unit is now 3 years and 4 months old. Of course, if there was a known issue with the pump, maybe this is covered under some sort of extended warranty.
As an interim measure, I have turned the water temperature down, so the unit keeps running for a much longer part of the day. As I noted in my original message, it sees that the start-up after being idle for a number of hours during the warmer part of the day seems to be most problematic in terms of the malfunction. I guess if it is actually the pump, it will just get progressively worse over time. Also, I thought that the best efficiency would be achieved with a boiler water outlet temperature towards the hotter end of the scale, but I have not tried to confirm this.

Hi
As an update, I have noticed that the pressure indicated at the boiler was quite low (right on the margin of the lower red zone, about 0.5 Bar). I was fooled into thinking the boiler fill and pressure reducing valve (a Caleffi 553540, I believe - without an external pressure gauge) indicated the actual pressure on the settings dial, but it is actually just the approximate set pressure. Even though it was set to 1.5 Bar, it was only delivering about 0.5 bar. I have now ordered a pressure gauge to fit to this valve! I might need to strip the Caleffi and give the internals a clean. Anyway, the boiler is now back up to about 1.7 Bar, and I will see if this fixes the issue. I have increased the set temperature back to what it was when the problems were occurring, so I am only looking at one variable at a time.

Angelo N.

Angelo N.asked

Condens 5000W 30 kW

How to restart unit

Derek

Derekasked

Bosch Condens 5000W Hydronic Heating Boiler

There is no pressure in our unit...it reads 0 bar. We have been freezing for months. I watched an English video on how to restore the pressure but underneath it looks nothing like the unit I bought.....how do I restore the pressure without spending $250 on a plumber to come out and do it ?
Derek

Grant Battersby

If your pressure has dropped to 0 bar, I would get a plumber to come and see why. Ours had that problem and the installer replaced a faulty pump under warranty. How much did your system cost? It's seem false economy to make that investment and not get any return in the form of heating.

Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Hi Derek, we're sorry to hear about the difficulties that you're facing with your unit. The lost pressure could indicate a fault in the system rather than the hydronic heater.

As Grant has suggested, we highly recommend that you get in touch with an approved service agent so that the system can be checked. Please get in touch with our friendly team at 1300 30 70 37 any time between 7:30am and 6:00pm (AEST) during the week to arrange assistance from one our consultants and be connected to an approved agent.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Hot Water & Heating representatives