Bosch GTS10XC

3.7

Nigel Christian

Nigel ChristianAuckland

Power

My rating is based on one issue where the 10xc stands out - cutting power. Hot knife through butter is the relevant phrase. I cut a lot of ancient hard native (NZ) timber and this is the saw for the job. Much better than the De Walt of similar watts that I had previously. The only negative is that the fence is not as precise as the De Walt which had a system of cogs with a magnified reading at each end. The Bosch 10xc just slides and clamps and you need to check the fence for square each time - but it is still pretty accurate.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Carmelo S.

Carmelo S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

An excellent saw on it's class

GTS 10J, Little brother is a ripper....

I read the above review, and I have to say what a load of tripe. I had to rip down bevels on site for custom matched mdf skirting, modify existing jarrah architraves by cutting them down, panels, thin mdf etc. I bought the cheaper GTS10j with stand with some trepidation based on these reviews, but as there wasn't much else to choose from took the plunge.

It worked all day without a drama, cut thin and straight with the existing blade and I never had a problem. The rip fence was parallel in any position. I got smooth finish cuts on 20mm jarrah to 3mm mdf sheet with the blade out of the box.... just started it up and ripped into it (no pun intended).

I am impressed with it and it adds to my other Bosch blue tools

Table Saws

Find out how Bosch GTS10XC compares to other Table Saws

HKDS

HKDSasked

Do you have supllier in malaysia?

David

Davidasked

Is the smaller table size on the smaller gts 10J a nuisance for long (2m) timber lengths?

DanielC
DanielC

Actually no. There's enough length on the table to clamp a guide board, which you can make as long as you like. Feather boards are difficult, as the Bosch mitre slots are non-standard, although you can make your own mitre bars to fit. I always place a roller stand front and back (in-feed and out-feed) and have no problem. If you do mega amounts of long production work, just build two work tables and sit the saw in between.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Power Tools representatives