Bosch Serie 6 HBA33B150A

Not a planned purchase but great choice

I hadn't planned on a new kitchen but unfortunately a major event meant that our kitchen was virtually destroyed. The insurance replaced new for old but we had to chip in to upgrade to Bosch appliances, which I wanted to do because of very positive experiences with them. This was just about top of the range for us, though I also bought some fancy roll-out racks to complement it. It cooks really well; slightly cool, but I soon learned to adjust to it. It has an automatic clean function but to be honest I have not needed it because it cooks so clean anyway. Roasting, grilling and baking are equally as good. My only beef is that the controls are very small and hard to distinguish apart. It also took a while to become familiar with it, there are so many cooking options.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi Gold Coast Chris, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch HBA33B150A Oven, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Easy to use

I'm really happy with this oven, looks great, very stylish and very easy to use. Cooks well and I'm very happy with the inside space. We had a Bosch previously and this new one is larger inside. Disappointed that it only comes with one wire shelf but has two trays as well.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Chris W, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch HBA33B150A Oven, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Oven of all ovens

The cooking is perfect in this beauty very even heating, basic functions and features but not too basic. Had this for over a year
Now and I’m very impressed with the quality and the amount of oven time
It had gotten. Very happy customer would recommend too all my friends

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Hi AshleighSchell, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch HBA33B150A Oven, we’re glad to hear that you’re enjoying your appliance. If you have any future queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Good price for a well-functioning oven from a well-known brand

This simple, stylish oven from Bosch, with its mixture of stainless steel and black glass, looks great in our kitchen, and has performed admirably over the few months we’ve been using it.

We went for this model over the slightly cheaper one as it has more functions on it. The fan assisted grill is a favourite of ours for cooking off meats and veges quickly and tastily, with nice caramelisation without using too much oil.

The oven came with 2 ceramic trays, which fit in the shelf runners, which is probably why it only came with one metal shelf. Not great for cooking cakes if you want to be using multiple shelves and don’t want your cake tins sitting on a thick ceramic tray. It also didn’t come with a grill rack, which is pretty annoying as we had to find a workaround ourselves. Of course, more shelves and a grill tray are available from Bosch for an additional cost.

After a bit of tinkering with the settings it cooks as well as our previous oven, whilst being easier on the eye and easier to clean inside due to the ceramic interior. We would recommend this oven to anyone who is looking for a bargain brand name oven that looks modern and stylish.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Hi Dom R, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch HBA33B150A Oven, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Perfectly simple

The oven is simple to use and easy to clean. It cook to meals to perfection and am really happy with the way it bakes cakes and biscuits The style is clean cut with push in concealed controls and a sleek and modern look that enhances a modern kitchen. The price is realistic and suits a buyer who is looking for value for money.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Hi Susan Meyer, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch HBA33B150A Oven, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Nice oven

Very nice oven .. we had very hard time finding the perfect size for our build in cabinet .. .. I love the way food is cooked ;all I can find hard to deal with it is setting up the timer .. I m using just a regular timer instead of creating myself a headache!

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Hi Iryinna, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch HBA33B150A Oven, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Great Oven at very good price

I've had this oven for over 5 years now and happy with it. The self clean fundction is great. The different functions really help making the cooking experiment enjoyable. I suggest that you read the manual and the suggested function for different types of dishes you are cooking. The extra trays that were included were also great, overall a great Europe made appliance at reasonable price.

Date PurchasedMay 2012
Hi Fluffs, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch HBA33B150A Oven, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Simple and newbie-friendly

I am absolutely happy with the way my food is roasted and grilled. However, when it comes to baking, my cakes seem to rise more on one side and my cupcakes seem to be browner. That said, I am not very good in baking. So maybe I need to do more research on how to use the oven.
Favourite feature is definitely the lock!

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Hi Phelan, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch HBA33B150A Oven, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Excellent wall oven

This is the second model of this oven we have purchased after just moving house and updating our appliances. It's very easy to use, very efficient and works exceptionally well without needing a degree to operate it, as it appears is necessary on their fully digitised models. This unit just plugs into a regular 10 amp power-point so it's easy to install with limited skills.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hi Harry S, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch HBA33B150A Oven, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Does the job well

Wanted something cheap (but not too cheap) to replace 20 year old Chef. This is a basic oven, but heats up quickly, and is larger than I expected inside. In my experience, no oven provides perfectly even cooking but this one is pretty good on both cakes and meats. We are even using it instead of a toaster because it is so quick.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Hi Tutt, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch HBA33B150A Oven, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Fits perfectly with our new kitchen

We are extremely happy with our new Bosch Oven. It is very stylish with its stainless steel finish with black glass and it is very well appointed. What we have found is just how fast it heats and cooks the food compared to our old Chef Oven. In fact we have had to adjust the time for cooking many of our recipes to less due to its efficiency/

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hi Avago, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch HBA33B150A Oven, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Looks good, plenty of options, but uneven temps and jittery touch controls

Had this oven for just under 12 months, it matches the other Bosch appliances well.. the handle is the same style as the fridge, so thats a win

It's super easy to use, and heats up very quickly and has versatile shelving (although a second wire rack wouldn't have cost that much more right?)

It does bake unevenly though - things on one side can burn, while the other is undercooked - I had a tech out to look at this and they couldn't do anything about it

It also has a really frustrating touch panel - when trying to enter a time for the timer, it starts to jump ahead far too quickly.

Cleaning is not as easy as they make out, but not too bad

I have some other really fantastic Bosch appliances, but this one doesn't seem to live up to the name - I almost feel I would have had better value out of a cheaper brand

Hi AP47, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch HBA33B150A Oven and can appreciate your disappointment. We do take your feedback very seriously and based on this feedback we review internal processes to ensure we are taking advantage of opportunities available to improve the experience we are providing our customers. Please free to contact our customer care support team on 1300 369 744 who will be able to provide further assistance and usage tips for your oven. Regards, BoschHomeAu

Great Oven! We Love it. Highly recommend!

We have had the oven now for 2 months and it is absolutely brilliant. It cooks evenly and works perfectly. I question the negative reviews, we own a restaurant and know a thing or two about ovens. There is nothing wrong with these ovens. We have already cooked a wide variety of foods, pastries, scones, cakes and roasts, etc. all without incident and in fact all excellently cooked. Further, I would highly recommend this oven to anyone from chef to beginner. It is simple to use. I actually did read the instructions and know how the oven works and what each dial means. Sounds like they haven't as there is grill features full and half which might explain the uneven cooking we have had no difficulties what so ever with control knobs or setting timers in fact I would commend Bosch on the great ergonomics and thought put into this oven. As to trays, etc. there is more than enough we hove cooked a roast as well as vegetables on a separate levels in trays provided - magic. We find it easy to clean with the detachable front door which is nothing short of clever. I love German engineering and they certainly know their stuff and this oven certainly delivers on all fronts. Just a side note these ovens are well built their glass doors does not explode like some other brands out there dangerously shooting shares of glass around the kitchen, so having children this simple safety feature is a winner and also this oven makes our kitchen look good. Buy with full confidence 10 stars.

Hi Raresense, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback about your Bosch HBA33B150A Oven and glad to hear that you're happy with the performance of your appliance. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact our After Sales Support team on 1300 369 744 during business hours. Regards, BoschHomeAu

Do not purchase this oven!! Check the trays and items this comes with - USELESS!!!

After numerous emails and messages to Bosch with regards to this oven I am now at my wits end!! Please, please if you are looking at buying this oven check the 'accessories' this comes with. There is not a grill pan or a grill insert for an oven that has a grill facility!! - I find this totally ridiculous I have never purchased or used an oven that has a grill that does not have a grill pan. The advice from Bosch is to use the universal pan underneath the actual wire shelf - well this is as much as useless as when you pull out the wire shelf for instance when you are grilling bacon all the fats drip onto the oven door - the only solution to this is trying to pull out both the wire shelf and universal pan at the same time - Good luck with that! There is not a part to be purchased that will fit the oven - Bosch do not manufacture a grill pan for this oven and they also do not manufacture a grill insert for the universal pans that come with the oven.

Also please be aware that you only receive 1 wire shelf as much as useless also - most ovens come complete with 2 shelves including much cheaper options. We contacted Bosch customer services to ask with regards to another wire shelf and were told from customer services agent [name removed] 'yes there is one available at a price of $31.48 including freight and delivery' this was only on the 24th March and today on trying to order this part I am now told 'no this is not correct they are a price of $45.64 plus $15 delivery'.

If we had not had this oven wired in by our electrician I would be returning it!!!

We purchased a Bosch oven as we have had other Bosch appliances in the past that have been very reliable and functional. On this occasion Bosch has not lived up to its name.

Hi Nicandwayne, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're disappointed with the accessories available for your Bosch HBA33B150A Oven and can appreciate your frustration. We would like to apologise for the mixed messages you have received in regards to costs for the purchase and freight of an additional shelf for your oven. Could you please send us an email at spares-au@bshg.com listing the products you are looking at purchasing as well as any other enquiries you may have regarding spare parts and our Spare Parts team will be in touch to assist you further with all relevant information. Regards, BoschHomeAu

Shocking to clean

Gets very dirty quickly and the roof is impossible to clean. Why they didn't allow for that is beyond me. But you get what you pay for! I would not recommend

Hi R Phillips, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues cleaning your Bosch HBA33B150A Oven and can appreciate your frustration. We realise that you're unhappy with the cleaning access for this model oven, however we suggest using warm soapy water for the best cleaning results. If we can be of any assistance to you in future, please do not hesistate to contact our After Sales Support team on 1300 368 339 during business hours. Regards, BoschHomeAuWarm soapy water ? Please

Not happy - food soggy and also very hard to clean

I have had my new Bosch for 8 months and I am very unhappy with it. Only one oven rack came with the new oven. The timer is difficult to use but the biggest problem is that my roasts come out soggy. The oven is too steamy and when you bake a roast the veggies are soggy. I have to cook with a wooden spoon propping the door open to let the heat out and adjust the temp accordingly. I rang Bosch about the steam as I was worried that a vent wasn't working but after 30 minutes on hold I was told that I didn't know how to use the oven (I have been cooking for over 30 years) and they said they would get a home economist to ring me to tell me how to use the correct setting ( I was use fan force oven) however still no call 4 weeks later. The oven is very hard to clean as the top element can not be removed and you cant get to the roof of the oven to clean it. I am so unhappy I am pulling it out to get a new oven

Hi Sbragg, Thanks for your review - we appreciate your feedback, but we are very disappointed to hear of the issues you have been having. So that we can properly identify you and deal with your issues ASAP can you please send an email to aftersales.au@bshg.com with a list of your concerns / issues, please include in the subject line "Customer Resolution BSH201510" please also mark “attention Leah”. Could you also please attach proof of purchase and the model, serial and FD numbers as well as any supporting photos. If you would like any more information on the Bosch - please view our online resources here: http://www.bosch-home.com.au/commercial-appliances/cooking/ovens/HBA33B150A.html Regards, BoschHomeAU

Mainly do the job need to be done

Generally it is a good oven, which do job need to be done without any trouble.
There is some place for improvement:
- glob inside broke after 4 moths (it is not very long life for a globe)
- Set a time may be a irritating as it jumps to 10 minutes or 30 minutes after one small touch. It is definitely too fast and is very hard to precise set time like 7:30 (7 min. 30 sec.). That part need to be improve.
On touch an jump form 10 to 20 minutes, which can kill you cake. It should jump a 1 minute of if hold 5 sec. jump 10 minute.

Generally my wife is more than happy only problem she see is the bake time set so annoying.
Good quality. Great performance. It heat perfect.
Set precise bake time is a very inconvenient.

Can't go wrong with a Bosch

Quiet, cooks beautifully, makes the kitchen more modern instantly. This is a limited edition of Bosch, and although we were a bit sceptical at first we absolutely love it! It has a feature for everything. Will always buy this brand whenever we can. Have a Bosch dishwasher it is brilliant also.
How quiet it is, fast heating, great looking!

Does it has a timer, that shuts off power?