Bosch Serie 6 HBA63B

Bosch Serie 6 HBA63B

HBA63B150B, HBA63B450A, HBA63B550A and HBA63S451A

Do not trust the self cleaning on this oven

Purchased in August 2016.

Safety
Preheating Speed

Happy customer

Happy customerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Happy

Very Happy- I purchased a HBA63S4.1A just over 3 years ago. It replaced a fully functioning oven ( not BOSCH ) that was over 20 years old. There was a fault with the oven, but Bosch fixed it for free - very good service.

Purchased in February 2016.

Jamie

JamieSydney, NSW

Good oven, but element failed shortly out of warranty

We are faily happy with the oven and it cooks well, however, the main element in the fan force section burnt out after only about 2-3 years service. We had to have it replaced and the spare parts are very expensive and when the element was being replaced, some of the screws are already rusty and parts of the oven body are corroding away..

Purchased in November 2016.

Safety
Preheating Speed
Loretta

LorettaSydney, NSW

Love this oven

We had this oven in a previous house and decided to install the same one when we recently renovated our kitchen. It looks great, is easy to use and easy to clean thanks to the pyrolytic function. Importantly, I really like the way this cooks. We do a lot of roasting and this cooks perfectly in minimal time. We did consider the Serie 8 model however didn’t feel like we needed the extra bells and whistles. For the price, this oven was great value.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

E.LeePerth

We have bought and own many Bosch products but this is disappointing. Pyrolytic cleaning has failed.

We own Bosch dishwashers, hot water systems and washing machines, thus we purchased the Self Cleaning Bosch oven from The Good Guys and it's been a fantastic oven. We have only used the Pyrolytic function maybe five or six times (after cooking pork roasts etc) of which the function cleans well - but we went to use it the other day and it fails to activate. We have read all the posts on here and see others have had quite a few faults. We thought this oven would last for more than 5 or 6 years as it wasn't cheap and repair people don't seem to want to know about it.. Have to think twice next time we purchase an oven as to whether to spend the extra dollars on Bosch is worth it. :(

Date PurchasedAug 2013
E.Lee

Just an update: Bosch customer service out of 'Good will' have resolved our issue with the oven and the technician who attended was extremely knowledgeable and repaired the oven back to working order. Thank you both!

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Thanks E.Lee, we're glad to hear that the appliance is back in working order. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

RobCanberra

SPARKS FLY!!!!Beware of Bosch Series 6 ovens!

We have purchased Bosch products for over 10 years but no more. I have a registered Series 6 HBA63S451A 60 cm Built-in Oven purchased from Harvey Norman Fyshwick ACT. Just as the warranty has lapsed the oven completely blew today with a loud bang and "SPARKS" flying everywhere!!!! Very dangerous.
This happened while "TURNING OFF" the Pyrolytic function. That’s right, not turning it on, not during, but turning it off. Even sparks. WOW!!!! I presume the circuit board is fried!

Very disappointed with Bosch! Typical of a major appliance dying just out of warranty!!!

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Jon H

Jon HSydney Surrounds, NSW

Quality, stylish and functional

The oven cooks beautifully. Temperature is consistent and well distributed throughout the oven. It pulls air in rather than push it out making it an interesting feature though haven't really noticed any benefit from it (nor any negative). One minor annoying issue is that when you stand too close in front of the oven (presumably) blocking air flow, it sets off a beeping alarm, even when the oven is off. Maybe there is a way to disable this, but I haven't found it yet

Date PurchasedDec 2017

misscatherine

misscatherineMelbourne

Great oven but...

Date PurchasedOct 2015

MariejeanneCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Follow up to original review

After having these appliances for over 2 years now...thought id review them again. Still very happy with both items. The cooktop is still brilliant to use....even if the largest zone is getting slightly scratched and discoloured from use. The oven is still great too...
Used the pyroytic function lots of times...and still never had a problem!
Would still recommend them both!

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Renai

RenaiSydney

Worst oven

Worst thing I ever did was buy this oven. First use the glass smashed. I reported to store who I bought who told me to deal with Bosch directly. Very bad experience dealing with Bosch also. Advised this is a minor fault and after 4 weeks they replaced glass only. We have now used oven 4 times and last night the glass smashed again and food (being steak) thrown in bin. I'm now going to fair trading and will be demanding full refund. As far as I'm concerned this is not good enough. We were very fortunate that there was no major injuries.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Cracked internal glass door

First time using self cleaning pyrolitic function. Have cleaned manually previously as even though bought thinking this function would be great, was just unsure. (OLD school thinking). Anyway thought I'd give it a go. Followed instructions as per manual. Loud bang about 30mins into clean. Inside glass panel major crack spanning right across width of panel. Not happy at all. Oven has been superb until this happened.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

JC

JC

Wouldn't buy anything else!

Did my research and found this oven to be top notch. Not the cheapest but one the best on the market. Had it for 8 years with not single issue and we use it constantly. The self cleaning function is amazing. Leave it to clean overnight, then use a moist rag to wipe away the 'dust'. Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedFeb 2008

Captain Sunshine

Captain SunshineGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Impressive Oven.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

SammyBendigo

Light not working

After using the self cleaning feature the oven light failed to come on. Replaced the globe, still not on. Called service and has been diagnosed as a faulty circuit board. All other function working OK. Quote to have the light working again $426.80. An excessive amount of money to have the light again in the oven.

Date PurchasedNov 2003

Purchase date correction 2013

Inner glass oven door cracked.

Q1 yes Q2 Performs as well as former not so expensive ovens. Extremely disappointed as stove was not installed till 2013 after new kitchen completed in our new purchase of a home. Have used pyrogenic clean only twice. After cooking evening meal of baked chicken there was no breakage but following evening when attempting to remove a rack noticed severe breakage. We feel we paid a substantial sum for a brand we considered superior to others but feel the price of the inner glass (seemingly a common fault) unacceptable and feel another brand replacement
more appropriate if bosch dose not come to the party and renew the glass.

Date PurchasedJul 2012

sahriCentral Queensland, QLD

Disappointed after 3 years the back panel has rusted out!

Date PurchasedMay 2013

ilsanSydney

Poor construction. Pyro cracked glass first time used. Buyer beware

Purchased this oven in 2013 and used the pyro function for the first time today. An hour into cleaning and the glass has cracked. Called up Bosch and they said its out of warranty and I would have to fill out forms explaining myself again and plead with them to fix this for me.

This product is not doing what its meant to do which is self clean.

Stay away and spend your money elsewhere.

Date PurchasedJul 2013
ilsan

No one has been in touch with me

ilsan

Still waiting for someone to do something about this. Got a msg from Bosch that some will contact me 2 weeks ago and still waiting....

Internal oven door glass cracked after self clean.

Buyers Beware: Ran the Self Cleaning Function today and 30 minutes Into the Cycle I heard a loud sound! Looked closely at the door panel and to my surprise the internal glass panel contained a crack stretching the width of the panel. An online search revealed that other buyers have also reported glass panels cracking.
I had no issues the first time I ran the self cleaning cycle. I followed the instruction manual on both occasions. The oven is just under 3 years old & as good as new.
Will report this incident to Bosch for a manufacturing defect.
Hope I wont have a battle on my hands trying to resolve this matter.
Will think twice about running the self cleaning function again!

Mona Kalfat

Mona KalfatMelbourne

Constantly cracking glass

We bought this oven in 2013 for almost $1700. The glass cracked in 2015, days outside the warranty period and again recently (2016). Both incidents occurred when drops of cold water/sauce came into contact with the glass door. She made numerous complains with Customer Service but unfortunately there was little support provided. She ended up repairing it for $400 each time. It's extremely disappointing for a reputable brand like Bosch to have such a poor quality product at such a high price. One cannot help but wonder if the product is defective.

Jade MP

Jade MPNorthern Territory, 810

Very happy with my oven

I did my research on what's the best oven in the market that has self cleaning features and this popped up.Informed the builder we wanted this model to be installed on our house and everything has worked perfectly with no problem ever since. The finish was beautiful, the double glazed door helped with our kid at home trying to touch the oven door while we're cooking something. The child lock feature was also very helpful. Tried the self cleaning cycle several times and it cleaned the oven with no hassle. You just have to wipe the dust with a cloth after the cycle finishes. Oven running for almost 3 years and so far very very happy with the product.

Sue D.

Sue D.asked

I have a Bosch electric oven HBA63S451A/45 -0 came up with err0r

EO 11 - can you tell me what this means

hi Sue D,
Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch HBA63S451A oven.
E011 is a button that is actuated continuously from a jammed button or the push button does not open. Try releasing or cleaning around the buttons.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia

CCgolf15asked

Serie 6 HBA63S451A

One of the rubber buttons that stops the oven door slamming has fallen out. It doesn't look to be broken off at all but it won't go back in the hole. Any suggestions?

Hi CCgolf15,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch oven. We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

CCgolf15

No need thank you. I went back to the store where i bought it and we worked it out. it needs to be pushed in firmly until collar of the stop engages with the hole in the oven frame, maybe push and turn a little.

Mim

Mimasked

Serie 6 HBA63S451A

I really struggle when cooking roasts in this oven, am able to do meat or vegetables separately, but never at same time. Isn’t fan forced supposed to make this possible? Would really like to see more advice on settings.

Hi Mim,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch HBA63S451A oven.
Please contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia

TraceyT
TraceyT

Hey Mim I have same issues! The oven isn’t for big loads like a roast and roast veggies! Mine will only do one tray of anything and I’m one person. Even I can’t cook a roast AND veg too. I bake quite a bit and only can do one tray at a time with a bad back I can’t stand around for ten-12 mins when the bullies have baked ready for the next tray. I hope you find your answer as I can’t make out the symbols as I’m renting. It’s frustrating lol first fan forced oven and I burn everything first try! Good luck Mim
Tracey :)

Oven FuelElectricity
Type Conventional (Conduction)
SizeSingle
Capacity65L
FeaturesChild Safety Lock , Cooling Fan and Pyrolytic (Self-Cleaning)
Colour / Finish Stainless Steel