Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers Questions & Answers

SMS66MI02A (Stainless Steel), SMS66MW01A (White), SPS60M08AU (Stainless Steel), etc...
Listing monitored by Bosch Home Appliances

66 questions from our users

LME
LMEasked
Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers

This morning we took delivery of the Series 6 dishwasher SMP66MX01A.
Why is the 'Quick 29min' cycle taking 44mins and why is the 'Quick 60min' cycle taking 1:15 please?
The rinse aid drawer is full/overflowing with Finish Rinse Aid.

Marc P.
Marc P.asked

do I need a hot water connection for an SM66M102A

Tony Murace
Tony Murace

not at all. Its takes cold water connection.

Angeasked
Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers

Does SMS66MI02A have the ability to sanitise the dishes? My old Bosch dishwasher has a ‘hygiene’ button but this one doesn’t seem to.

Peter
Peter

I have a SMS66MI03A and HygienePlus is listed as an additional function on some Bosch dishwashers but it isn’t an option on this one.

Eagle in the sky
Eagle in the sky

Hi Ange, negative.
This DW does not provide this option.

Ange

That's annoying! Thanks heaps guys.

Chrisasked
Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers

We have a series 6 Bosch - I cannot work out how to select the half load option. We usually use program of Quick 60min but when I try to push the half load option it does not stay lit up. Any tricks? TIA

Nidya
Nidya

Hi Chris, I have the same problem I press it but seems that it doesn’t work, did you figured out how it works?

Chris

No - and it is very frustrating

Jill H.
Jill H.asked
Serie 6 SMS66MI03A (Stainless Steel)

Dors anyone have trouble with the cleaning of this dishwasher. Is two years old and in all that time the machine wash button has never lit up. The inside of dishwasher never looks clean even straight after being washed and the cutlery doesn’t look clean either

Hi Jill H.,
Thanks for your question. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your dishwasher. We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Paul H.
Paul H.asked
Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers

I had a look at a Bosch Series 6 in the store today. When I was sliding the bottom rack in and out, it seemed like there were no 'grooves' to keep the bottom rack in and it seemed to easily just slide straight off the front of the dishwasher with nothing to stop it. I looked at this dishwasher twice as I walked around the shop and both times it seems like the bottom rack would easily unmount itself.

Can anyone confirm what the bottom rack sliding is like?

Sunny
Sunny

We've not had an issue with the bottom rack sliding out. Each rack feels like it's secure in place. I think with dishes, it weighs it down more.

Col
Colasked
Serie 6 SMS66JI01A (Silver Inox)

I adjusted the front legs easily but I can’t get the back legs to move?

Then contact Bosch

Russasked
Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers

Our brand new machine on auto wash cycle takes 2 hours 55 but the manual says it should be a max of 2 hr 40. Rinse aid has been added. Is something wrong?

johnF
johnF

I don’t know. The manual says 2.40- when selected, mine says 2.45. I generally also select “speed perfect”, and the cycle time drops to 1.30.

Hi Russ,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch Dishwasher.
It is normal for the dishwasher to amend times during a cycle however if you feel that the Dishwasher is taking longer then normal feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further.

Russ

It's not amending, just stating longer than the manual says is max for that cycle, from initialisation. The eco wash is shorter than auto wash!

Tricia
Triciaasked
Serie 6 SMS66MI02A (Stainless Steel)

When I switch my dishwasher on it is flashing 1hr 30min. It will work on that cycle, but I cannot get any other buttons to work, so I cannot change cycles or do anything. I have held the start button for 10 sec, switched off & unplugged the machine but still cannot change anything. Can you help me please?

Hi Tricia,
Thanks for your question. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your appliance.
If you could please contact us on 1300 369 744. Be sure to provide your model number & we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Tricia
Triciaasked
Serie 6 SMS66MI02A (Stainless Steel)

How do I reset my machine, I cannot change the cycle & have held the start button for 10 secs & unplugged the machine. Still cannot change anything?

Hi Tricia ,
We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744. Be sure to provide your model number & we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

johnasked
Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers

my dishwasher has a program for Quick 29 mins. when i try to use this the the Led read out says 44 mins. why is this?

What did Bosch say?

john

I haven’t received an answer from them

Hi John,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch Dishwasher. the Quick 29 mins required Rinse Aid. Your cycle will be 44 mins if Rinse Aid is not added.

johnasked

Hi John,
Thanks for your message. We recommend using rinse aid. This will take your program to 29mins as drying time will be quicker.
If we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744 with your model number.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Lucy
Lucyasked
Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers

Hi there, we were wondering if the top was able to be removed on the model SMS66MW01A. If so, does this reduce the depth of the dishwasher? By how much? Thanks

Alex131

Hi. Yes the top panel can be removed to help it go under a bench. That is what I had to do to make mine fit.
If you read my review on the machine from two weeks ago, you can see the photo and my dishwasher has the top removed.
Unsure in exact reduction of height

Grandma M
Grandma M

Hi Lucy- we found it fit without removing the top- our plumber did it and we decided to leave it. The legs seem to be screwed down to shorten. This wouldn’t work it you wanted to put in a bit of kick board, though, because it is too low. We only bought this model because the under each was t available and we needed one now. We are happy with the decision.
I’d add a photo if this allowed it.

Alex131asked
Serie 6 SMS66MI03A (Stainless Steel)

Last night I set an eco wash to take place with a delayed start for 12 hours. About 6 hours before the program was due to start, the front panel went blank. No matter what I did, the panel didn’t light up and show me any lights or remaining time.
Tried holding start for 3sec, unplugging machine. Nothing worked.
However when the time passed, the cycle started.
Hasn’t happened again since, but concerned.
Has this happened to anyone else. Not sure if I should return as faulty as only got it in December.

Hi Alex131 ,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch Dishwasher.
We would recommend to monitor the appliance and if this issue occurs again please contact us on 1300 369 744 so we can further assist.

Dennis Cairnsasked
Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers

Can I install an Free Standing Model No SMS66M102A as an Under Bench installation

Alex131

We installed it as underbench installation. We had to remove the top casing (which is easy as it has quick release tabs and detailed in booklet).
We then raised the stands underneath the washer to make it sit nicely under our bench

Thanks Alex

Alex131

I’ve just updated my review with a photo. If you check back later today when the review is approved, you can see my installation.
Cheers

Julieasked
Serie 6 SMS66MI03A (Stainless Steel)

How do I set the time on my dishwasher

Hi Julie,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch Dishwasher.
Unfortunately this particular model does not have a clock displayed.

K V.
K V.asked
Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers

Can Bosch dishwasher models SMS66MI02A and SMS66MI03A be connected to standard 'hot water' supply? (I only hot water supply outlet in the kitchen cabinet, to which the our (now faulty) dishwasher is connected.)
I rang Bosch to get an answer to my question. Their reply was it that it depended on whether or not these models have a setting for hot water intake, which I have to find myself (!!!). They could no answer this as the person answering the question "did not have the machine in front of him, so he couldn't check" (to quote his words).
So if Bosch service people do not know the answer in regard to a question on their own product, how can we be sure before we buy their product?
Can anyone working in Bosch, or anyone else reading this answer my opening question please.

Hi K.V,
Thanks for your question.
We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH11492 in the subject line with your contact number and model number. We’ll investigate for you.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Gai S.
Gai S.asked

Hello,
What is the difference between sms66mi02a and the sms66mi03a bosch dishwasher

Hi Gai S,
Thanks for the question regarding our Bosch Dishwashers.
We recommend using the link below to 'Product Compare'

Kaitlin
Kaitlinasked
Serie 6 SMS66MI03A (Stainless Steel)

What is the difference between the SMS66MI03A and SMS66MI02A?

lexxel
lexxel

best look it up on BOSCH website and then compare them, that way you can compare the differences - it may just be location where the dishwasher was made - the 103A is made in germany

pasgroup.auasked

Hi All,
Just installed a new sms66mi03a and can not see how to set the clock?
Am I blind (possibly) or does it not have one.
Thanks in advance..
Pat

Me too . Help!!

pasgroup.au

Hi Julie, It seems the Series 6 units only have a basic display so no clock, etc.
Only wash timer, etc.
The Series 8 untis have all the bells and whistles

Hi pasgroup.au,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch Dishwasher.
Unfortunately this particular model does no have clock displayed.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives