Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers

Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers Questions & Answers (page 2 of 4)

SMS66MI02A (Stainless Steel), SMS66MW01A (White), SPS60M08AU (Stainless Steel), etc...
Listing monitored by Bosch Home Appliances

68 questions from our users

Kaitlin
Kaitlinasked
Serie 6 SMS66MI03A (Stainless Steel)

What is the difference between the SMS66MI03A and SMS66MI02A?

lexxel
lexxel

best look it up on BOSCH website and then compare them, that way you can compare the differences - it may just be location where the dishwasher was made - the 103A is made in germany

pasgroup.auasked

Hi All,
Just installed a new sms66mi03a and can not see how to set the clock?
Am I blind (possibly) or does it not have one.
Thanks in advance..
Pat

Julie
Julie

Me too . Help!!

pasgroup.au

Hi Julie, It seems the Series 6 units only have a basic display so no clock, etc.
Only wash timer, etc.
The Series 8 untis have all the bells and whistles

Hi pasgroup.au,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch Dishwasher.
Unfortunately this particular model does no have clock displayed.

erol. i.
erol. i.asked
Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers

hi have the serie 6 model and when we start it up to wash the dishes the timer doesnt seem to count down properly. ie it will show 15 min to go and then 10 min later it will show 18. when it goes down to one min it will stay on that for a few minutes (still showing 1) and then it will show 12 or 14 or 15 (different times different reset times). i tried putting a wedge on top of diswasher and the bench top (thinking the door latch was the issue but it didnt seem to help) any suggestions

Hi Erol. i.,
Thanks for your question. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Dishwasher.
We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744. Be sure to provide your model number & we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Susieqasked
Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers

Just installed Bosch Series 6 dishwasher. Two queries - does it have a noise to alert that cycle is completed, and, does it have a pause button?

Kellie H.
Kellie H.

(When working - ours isn’t) Yes it has four beeps when it has finished a cycle. It’s very quiet when it is on. You wouldn’t even know it was running. I don’t know about pause I am sorry

Sue A.
Sue A.asked
Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers

What is the difference between these two models please?
The BOSCH free standing dishwasher SMS66M102A and the SMS66M103A.
Are they both made in Germany?
Thanks,
Sue

Hi Sue A,
Thanks for your question. Please refer to our product compare link below.
Both Appliances are manufactured in Germany. If we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744 with your model number.

Deepthika L.asked
Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers

Does this unit have the auto-open feature once the cycle is finished?

Chris
Chris

This model does not have the auto-open feature

Dianne W.
Dianne W.

If you mean does the door open. No. But it does unlock. You might have to ask Bosch this question

Hi Deepthika L,
Thanks for your question, our freestanding dishwashers do not have a auto-open feature.

P & M S.
P & M S.asked
Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers

How much water is used in Bosch serie six Dishwasher, (Half loaf).

Lena S.
Lena S.asked
Serie 6 SMS66MI02A (Stainless Steel)

Can this dishwasher be connected to a hot water supply?
And does it have the A:00 program? Could not find it.
Thank you!

Andy B.
Andy B.

I've just been on the phone to Bosch and they couldn't tell me, but the Applicances Online website does state this is Cold Water intake only.

Renee R.
Renee R.asked
Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers

Hi, how do I deactivate the beeping at the end of the cycle on the SMP66MX01A, or make it a bit quieter?
Thanks very much

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Renee R. Thank you for your question. It is possible, but there are a few steps. It may be best we email you the information along with a diagram. In order to protect our customer's privacy, we're unable to discuss your personal information online. If you could email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH10157 in the subject line. We'll then arrange for the information to be sent out to you.

Jatin
Jatinasked
Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers

Just purchased the model SMS66M102A and installed it. It is not turning on. Doubly checked all the connections and power supply. On pressing the on/off switch for a few second, the check water and rinse aid lights starts flashing (which indicates the power connection is fine) the inlet and outlet are also fine as we replaced an old working dishwasher and are using the same inlet and outlet. What could be the issue?

Hi Jatin,
Thanks for your question. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your dishwasher. We have asked our technical team to review your question, and unfortunately they have advised us they cannot diagnose the issue based on what you have advised. They have recommended the unit be inspected to ascertain the cause of the issue. If you could please call us on 1300 369 744, we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Glynasked
Serie 6 SMS66MI02A (Stainless Steel)

Does anyone know if the height of the SMS66MI02A dishwasher be raised up or down or is it fixed at 845mm? I am wondering because the under bench clearance I have is 840mm.

Azat
Azat

I'm pretty sure you can’t raise or lower dishwashers but most have a top that is removeable when putting under a bench .
My Bosch SMS66Jl01A is 82cm high with the top off

Glyn

Thanks Azat much appreciated.

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Glyn, Thanks for your question. We can confirm this model height is 845 mm, however as Azat as kindly advised the worktop is removable, making the appliance height with top removed: 815 mm
It also has adjustable feet at the front of the appliance. If you need anymore information please feel free to call our team on 1300 369 744. Kind regards Bosch Australia.

Dave W.
Dave W.asked
Serie 6 SMS66MI03A (Stainless Steel)

Purchased this dishwasher one week ago, and I have a query about the wash programs. The maximum program durations on the unit are all as stated in the manual except for the auto wash program. The manual booklet states that auto wash duration is 1.30hr to 2.40hr depending on other selected options. When I turn this unit on, and before any dishes and utensils are loaded and no other extra options selected, just auto wash, the display says 2.55hr, which is longer than the maximum in the manual, and even longer than the eco wash at 2.50hr. Is this normal for this model unit, and does it mean the power and water consumption is not as stated for this program but more, due to the longer cycle duration?

Hi Dave,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch SMS66MI03A.
The times are adjusted based on the extra options selected and whether rinse aid is being used. Without rinse aid the times given would be accurate and yes, the power/water consumption would be increased but not by too much.

Lendell
Lendellasked
Serie 6 SMS66MI03A (Stainless Steel)

Aside from the cutlery draw what are the main differences between this model and SMS66JI01A?
Lyndel

Hi Lendell,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch range.
The JI has the Super washing cycle instead of the Glass cycle on the MI. There are other minor changes to water and energy consumption that you can see here: https://www.bosch-home.com.au/products/page_rep_product_compare

ptiva
ptiva

Sorry I couldn't tell u as didnt look at all B products.

Carika S.
Carika S.asked
Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers

Purchased a brand new Bosch Serie 6 (SMS68L28TR/49) 2 days ago. The dishes are still wet at the end of the wash,even on the highest temperature cycle. What am I doing wrong or is the machine faulty?

Cinthia
Cinthia

I would say the machine is faulty. Maybe the heating elements are not working because even without using the extra dry option they should be squeaky dry. I would call the store where you bought it and get them to replace it or get them to organise someone to look at it. Good luck.

Terry S.
Terry S.

I have also purchased this machine in the last couple of days and have the same problem - dishes and machine are dripping wet

Deepthika L.

Did you find a solution to this?

Clif G.
Clif G.asked
Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers

My brand new Bosch Serie 6 dishwasher is showing the Quick 29 program as 44 minutes. Why? The Quick 60 is 60 minutes. Even if the Rinse Aid function is disabled, the Quick 29 program is still showing as 44 minutes. Would appreciate your help please.

Hi Clif,

I have been able to get the correct times, but it depends on a number of factors:

1. The turbidity of the water (i.e. how dirty and what type of dirt, such as greasy vs powdered, which ultimately changes the viscosity of the water and how the dishwasher senses the "CLEANLINESS of Material in it;
2. The hardness rating of your water you use from your mains (calcium carbonate concentration);
3. Whether you have the full stainless steel interior (i.e. the German Model) or the part plastic interior (i.e. the Asian Model). The plastic interior Bosch Series 6 takes longer cycle times, the cycle times are that delivered by the full stainless steel interior model) with the considerations of items 1 & 2.

I know that this is quite picky, but its a major factor is how the Bosch senses as to whether it is producing a clean wash quality for the cycle you selected (e.g. simple thing like adding rinse aid to the dispenser in addition to what is provided in the tablet will bring the cycle times down) - did for me;

So, try rinse aid first (i.e. your tablet choice and how you augment it) should significantly improve your results.

Cheers

Hi Clif,
Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch dishwasher
The advice from Carl is definitely sound. Making sure the Extra Dry function has not been selected and rinse aid can actually speed up the process.

GRUMBLEBUM
GRUMBLEBUMasked
Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers

We have an old tiny small little 3 bedroom house and a very small kitchen area. Our kitchen guy has advised we can fit a 45 cm unit in..
I'm getting old and very non handy .. I need it to be a beautiful S/S unit that will never cause problems or my darling of 40 years will remove both my testes and chew them up and spit them out ..

WHICH should i get ..??

I Only Ever want to buy it ONCE!

Bob Rona
email ; iluvoz@tpg.com.au or call 0411 420 888

Hi GRUMBLEBUM,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch dishwasher range.
We only have 2 45 cm models and both are in stainless steel. Only the SPU68M05AU is freestanding and you can view the details here: https://www.bosch-home.com.au/productlist/dishwashers/underbench-dishwashers/dishwasher-45-cm-wide/SPU68M05AU.

Aussiebloke34
Aussiebloke34asked
Serie 6 SMS66MI02A (Stainless Steel)

Why on earth have Bosch have such a terrible warranty? Even an Aldi dishwasher has a 3 year warranty for 1/4 of the price. For the price you guys should have a 7 year warranty. Consumer rights and expected life for a dishwasher is 10 years so you are actually entitled to this anyway under consumer law, so my question is why Bosch doesn't offer this straight out as standard, no confidence in the product?

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Aussiebloke34, Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. Yes your Bosch dishwasher comes with a 2 year manufacturer’s warranty, but please keep in mind this does not mean that if in 2 years’ time something should occur, we will not be able to assist. You are covered by your Australian Consumer Rights, and we encourage you to contact us in the future for any inquiries, or issues you may have with your appliance. We assess each claim on a case by case basis, so it is always best to contact us in the first instance, so we can work alongside yourself to find a suitable resolution .If you need any help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.

Stephen N
Stephen Nasked
Serie 6 SMS66MI03A (Stainless Steel)

Where is the Bosch Dishwashe SMS66M103A made, Germany or USA?

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Stephen N., Thanks for your question. The Bosch dishwasher SMS66MI03A is manufactured in Germany. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.

Pete
Peteasked
Serie 6 SMS66JI01A (Silver Inox)

When changing the settings “r” for the hot water, there are also options to change settings for “P” and “d”. Can anybody explain the purpose of these variables?
Thanks Pete

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Pete, Thanks for your question. The dishwasher has been preset with certain settings for your convenience. P is for 'Auto Power Off'. This allows the appliance automatically switch off at the end of each wash. D is for 'Extra Dry'. This helps improve the drying for glasses and plastic tableware. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Ross D.
Ross D.asked
Serie 6 SMS66JI01A (Silver Inox)

Hi,
I bought a Bosch dishwasher (SMS66JIO1A) and I can only connect it to a hot water tap. I followed the instructions in the manual for changing the hot water settings, however, the "A00" factory setting value referred to in the manual never appeared. I was able to cycle through other settings (e.g., P01, r05), but not A00. Can you please advise me how to set the dishwasher so that it can accommodate hot water?
Regards, Ross

Hi Ross,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch SMS66JI01A.
That particular model does not have that functionality. You can still connect it to hot water but it might be a good idea to remove the larger pieces of food residue before putting them in for a wash.

Tessa B
Tessa B

That's disappointing! The manual says it does. I've just purchased this model on that basis

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives