Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers

Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers Questions & Answers (page 4 of 4)

SMS66MI02A (Stainless Steel), SMS66MW01A (White), SPS60M08AU (Stainless Steel), etc...
Listing monitored by Bosch Home Appliances

68 questions from our users

Forrest Friendasked
Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers

I have a series 6 Dishwasher SMS66J101A/41... The 29 minute cycle shows 44 minutes, and the 60 mns cycle shows 1.15... I have added rinse aid... and no change... I've had Bosch dishwashers before and the previous model used to have a 15 mins rinse cycle which was ideal for rinsing a few dishes when the dishwasher wasn't full... I also had set in on no rinse aid as I use tablets that has rinse aid in it... I never had any problems with this dishwasher set on no rinse aid... Why on earth did Bosch decide to eliminate the rinse cycle? Can you solve this problem that I have now?

Hi Forrest Friend
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch dishwasher .
We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Forrest Friend

Thank you, I will contact you...

Jason
Jasonasked
Bosch Serie 6 Freestanding Dishwashers

What if I want to just rinse the dishes until I have a full load? The manual reads like it has this function however there isn’t a button for it.

Tony3
Tony3

I've never tried! But at a guess use the 29 min cycle.

Hi Jason,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch Dishwasher.
We'd recommend using the pre rinse cycle. This is suitable for all types of utensils that are lightly soiled.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Kat
Katasked
Serie 6 SMS66JI01A (Silver Inox)

I am interested in the power usage as I am on solar power, and in search of the most power efficient dishwasher. I was recommended this model by HN because it runs at 600watts, is this the accurate max power in usage? Or is there a cycle that uses less power in operation, or do you have a more power efficient model available?

PRS OIL
PRS OILasked
Serie 6 SMS66MW01A (White)

Hi, do you HAVE TO use finish or similar products? I have rarely used them in my Dishlex dishwasher and have read that some dishwashers actually state that a rinse aid MUST be used. Looking to buy this model Bosch in the next day or so. Mike

mountain dame
mountain dame

Best ask Bosch, they are very helpful. Still very happy with our dishwasher.

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi PRS OIL, thanks for your question. We recommend Finish but you can use any brand you wish. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Jane B
Jane Basked
Serie 6 SMS66MI03A (Stainless Steel)

SMS66103A Great Dishwasher.
Has anybody worked out how to activate the "End of washing cycle" alarm/beep?
There are Instructions online for previous models but the required button designations don't match this model.
Regards
Rudi

Eva
Evaasked
Serie 6 SMS66MW01A (White)

How do I operate the pre-rinse cycle on the SMS66MW01A? All the literature makes it sound like there is a stand alone pre-rinse program but I can't find it! Thanks.

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Eva, thanks for your question. Our dishwashers do not have a stand alone pre-rinse cycle, the pre-rinse is already included in the program cycles. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Aliasked
Serie 6 SMS66MI02A (Stainless Steel)

Hi there! Three questions:
- does this dishwasher take tall wine glasses?
- does the door stay open when loading? (comparing to Miele where reviewers complained that the door wouldn't stay open which would be very annoying!)
- how well does it dry plastics?
Thanks!

Greg..S
Greg..S

Yes, tall wine glasses fit, the drawers are adjustable, ours didn't fit as delivered but no problem after moving the drawers.
Yes, the door opens fully and stays open in the fully open position.
Dries plastic ok, has an extra dry function that helps, not wonderful but ok. The tablets we use impact this, some are much better than others. It takes a bit of trial and error.

Lauren
Lauren

Hi there
To fit tall glasses/wine glasses you do need to drop the higher shelf to its lower setting, which reduces the space in the lower shelf (however I don’t find this an issue as you can still fit dinner sized plates on the bottom). Sometimes if I need to put big items in the bottom and have bigger glasses too I just put them in the bottom shelf as well.
The door most definitely stays open in any postition.
50% of nearly every wash I put on contains Tupperware (kids!) and I use finish quantum tablets with finish rinse aid & ive never had an issue with wet plastics, unless of course I open the dishwasher immediately after the cycle has finished.
Also we only ever use the Quick 60 minute or Quick 29 minute setting and we very roughly rinse our dishes but put everything in fairly dirty and they always are cleaned perfectly.
I hope this helps

Ali

Thanks so much Greg and Lauren. That’s really helpful!

Blueasked
Serie 6 SMS66MW01A (White)

Have recently bought the SMS66MW01A and while it cleans well and quiet when running, it is noisy when taking in water. I thought is my An issue with water flow but have no alarms or issues with results so expect this is normal. Is the noisy intake of water normal?

Lordknaps
Lordknaps

Hi Blue, our Bosch is very quiet all the time. Have not noticed much noise when it is filling with water. Have you turned the tap on enough ? Maybe the water flow /pressure is not high enough.

Blue

The tap is open all the way and no issues with previous machine. No alarms indicating poor flow either. The noise seems to be like a whir if something electrical. The unit that connects to the tap is not just a tap fitting so thought that something helps push the water through. It makes the same noise on all different wash options so figure this noise is normal. Just louder than I expectedly

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives